help!!!!! "degrees"

sleeplessdreamer

So, I'm new to the in depth-ness of astrology, and tarot (as I said in my into). But I've just learned about being able to plot out charts, and such. I'm wondering two main things, if I can get to a real computer (and not my blackberry) and try to plot out my chart will you guys help me figure out how to find the information needed. I was looking at one of these chart generators and I know Most of the info, but I need to be pointed in the right direction to figure out the rest. If that makes any sense. And also I'm complete lost and utterly confused on the whole degree concept. Can anyone give me a lamense term explanation link, or just tell me themselves.

Minderwiz

Hi,

Yes, can do - but if you're running Bolt or Opera Mini you on your BlackBerry, you can visit Astro.com and use them to create your chart. The link is:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/ade.cgi?ra...9703d773261743b72733d33&lang=e&rs=3&btyp=w2at

And fill out the form. Or go to the main page and follow the links on the left hand side for a personal horoscope.

The degrees bit is quite simple. The horoscope chart is a 360 degree circle of the heavens as seen from your place of birth at the time of your birth. The circle is divided up into twelve segments (the signs) of 30 degrees each. The zero point of the circle is 0 degrees Aries. So rather than saying the Moon was at 72 degrees when you were born (for example) we say that the Moon was at 12 degrees Gemini (0-30 degrees = Aries; 30 -60 degrees = Taurus)

It's a convenient measuring scale and enables us to plot where the planets were when you were born and to identify the positions of the Ascendant, Midheaven and the house cusps (more of that later)

PS if you're not using Bolt or Opera Mini, you should be LOL - they're free! but you can also use the BlackBerry browser for Astro.com.