Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

gregory

sunstallion said:
It is not just me, or us, human being explore others (3rd party) privacy. But also our spirit guides, angels, or loved ones who passed way, or divine being also desperately try to give you hints about 3rd party when you or they are about to be in danger. And you didn't even thought about or asked them for this in the beginning. They just tried to give you the messages.

I am not going to give examples here, but you can search on this on the internet.
And you keep them to yourself, I hope ?

sunstallion

gregory said:
And you keep them to yourself, I hope ?

depended on the situation. If it's a warning message that the 3rd person will harm me. I will try to see and stay way without saying a word.

Just use common sense. I am sure you had these experiences before.

sunstallion

Okey dokey. Let's assume for a minute that you're going to read for this guy. Even though we don't think it will be accurate. I've had an idea. Just please remember, treat it as fun, and not necessarily the absolute truth.

Separate the court cards out of your deck. You won't be needing the ace-ten or the majors.

Choose a suit to represent that he's gay/bi. I'd choose swords, but wands would be just as good. Shuffle all the court cards and draw one to represent this fellow.

I'd interpret something like this ...

Any suit but the one you chose means he's not gay/bi.

A sword (or wands if you prefer them) means he's gay or bi.

If you pulled a page, he's new to being gay. Perhaps he just came out of the closet, or is in the process of coming to terms with his orientation.

A knight means he's active in the lifestyle. Perhaps into parties, bars, "the scene". Maybe even kinky.

A queen or king means he's a more mature person, interested in a more serious relationship, rather than just a sexual encounter. If a queen, well, he's a queen. Inclined to be the flouncy one. If a king, he's inclined to be the more masculine partner.

I'd treat such a reading as fun, but I wouldn't base my life choices on it. It could be used as an ice breaker, though. "Hi there, a friend tells me you're the queen of wands ..."

I gave this one a test. I chose the sword suit and did it on four different guys. Not all correct, 2/4 right, but it should be 1/4 because the Page of Sword is not totally correct. The guy in that question already came out of closet for like 3 years or around it.

Could also be 3/4 because for a different guy, I got a Page of Wands, but my intention was choosing the Sword suit to represent gay/bi.

sunstallion

I think in this situation (as in most) a yes/no question won't give you much useful information. What if the person is gay or bi, but still closeted? What if they're not even out to themselves? What if they're gay or bi, but not interested in that person? Basically, a yes/no question is more likely to confuse things in my opinion.

I think the better question is something along the lines of "how would x respond if y expressed interest in them?" And perhaps a few more questions about what approach would be most positively received.

I didnt try this method because it would take like 3 cards or more and there would be more than one interpretations. It seems a little complicated to me. So, I wanted to try a yes/no, very easy.

tarotbear

unethical

I have always felt that using (or trying to use) Tarot to 'pry' into some third parties' private life is unethical, and trying to have Tarot tell you if someone is Gay/Str8/Bi/Trans/Queer is none of your business as a Querent or a Tarotist.

Bridget

I have always felt that using (or trying to use) Tarot to 'pry' into some third parties' private life is unethical, and trying to have Tarot tell you if someone is Gay/Str8/Bi/Trans/Queer is none of your business as a Querent or a Tarotist.
I agree 100%, and till now it would never have occurred to me that someone would try doing a reading on this. My feeling is that if someone wants to tell me their orientation, fine; if not, it's not my business.

What I find interesting is that folks on this thread who feel strongly against doing a reading about it have suggested that the querent ask directly. If a matter is private for me, I find it annoying that people feel free to ask me about it. It's none of their business unless I wish to share it.

tarotbear

!!!

What I find interesting is that folks on this thread who feel strongly against doing a reading about it have suggested that the querent ask directly. If a matter is private for me, I find it annoying that people feel free to ask me about it. It's none of their business unless I wish to share it.

Unfortunately, Bridget, in this day of instant info, people think they have a right to ask you ANYTHING they think of, and what is worse, they EXPECT you to tell them things that are entirely none of their business merely because they asked .... NOT !!!! I call it the 'Social Network Effect' where everyone airs their dirty laundry on the Internet and then complains that they have no privacy.

Everyone repeat after me: "What you are asking is none of your business. I am not obligated to provide you with an answer."

gregory

Oh I entirely agree. But I would much rather someone ask me directly than try and find out behind my back, is all. So if someone is determined on trying to find out - they should ask. And if someone is asked, and wants to refuse to answer, that is their ABSOLUTE right. As Miss Manners used to say, what kind of friends do you have, who need to advertise their sexual preferences on first meeting ?

As I think I said - make friends and see where it goes, would be my preference. After all - this "friend" might have found out for sure, made a pass and been rejected for not being the other guy's type. He'd have missed a potential friend that way. Daft.

And if the friend was just after sex - he should go to a gay bar - one where pickups are acceptable, not sound people out on spec... The same applies to straights and indeed to anyone. What the hell happened to human relationships ?

MissJo

It is not necessarily the querent's right to know, and if the person being asked doesn't want your querent to know - what right have you to try and find out for them ? It's a bit like reading someone else's diary to find something out - and not even for yourself, but for someone else.

From the standpoint of someone who is homosexual, I think this is something that DOES need to be known before a move is made. Do you know how awkward it is for both parties if X makes a move on Y and Y is not into X's sex/gender [depending on the person the sex and gender can be the same or different]? That's a situation that's best avoided for everyone involved, it saves a lot of humiliation and embarrassment.

Amanda

Unfortunately, Bridget, in this day of instant info, people think they have a right to ask you ANYTHING they think of, and what is worse, they EXPECT you to tell them things that are entirely none of their business merely because they asked .... NOT !!!! I call it the 'Social Network Effect' where everyone airs their dirty laundry on the Internet and then complains that they have no privacy.

Everyone repeat after me: "What you are asking is none of your business. I am not obligated to provide you with an answer."

No need to dramatize it. :D

The fact of the matter is, a person wanting to know this information is *really* wanting to know if it's safe to make a move or not... and I see no harm in reading on that... and if they're just being nosey, well... that's akin to using one of your 3 wishes from a genie to get one of those tasty corndogs from the 7-11 down the street... :p But then, since when did stupid people never exist?

You can't fix stupid, but you can dress something up in another outfit and give them the answer they didn't even know they wanted until you said so. It's one of the beauties of reading for the intellectually challenged.