Moon as advice

Ica'rus

I agree with the idea of Moon as following your intuition. For me, the Moon is rarely negative. Of course this is your reading so "for me" isn't the point, but it sounds like you feel it isn't negative, too.

I don't know if you used reversals, but my feeling is that if a card holds its negative or warning meaning, it will come up reversed, or in a position such as "What to avoid". In an Advice position, I see advice as what you should be doing or aiming for - not what you should be avoiding or NOT be doing.

I view the moon neutrally until I get an idea of what the intention is. I also have stopped reading with reversals, mostly because they just tend to confuse the heck out of me except for a few of the cards. I also only read RWS with reversals and i've mainly been using my other decks right now. On that note, just the other day I pulled an Emperor Reversed when I wasn't shuffling with reversals, except that it made sense. Normally I will ignore the cards if they fly out of the deck while shuffling or come out reversed, but I absolutely did not see how that one flipped upside down, so I left it.

I think the best advice coming from all of this IS following my intuition. I tend to overanalyze things. It is one of my least favorite traits - it works exceedingly well in my profession but not my daily life :/

Ica'rus

when I see the moon as advice in a spread, I read it as a warning to "get real." usually the moon is a marker that I'm not seeing things as they really are. The moon's light is...illusory. It's a reminder, to me, that we rarely have clarity in life ("only seeing through the glasss darkly). In this case, maybe you're not seeing things for what they are...you've analyzed the situation too far when you don't have all the facts yet. This at least is where I tend to be when the moon shows up in my spread in that position. Not as helpful or sweet as the other responses, but hope this helps!

As I mentioned, I tend to overanalyze the situation and the Moon may be a perfect marker for that. It is a bad habit, and I have trouble stopping it. I think there are a lot of messages in the Moon that were shown to me recently. I have come to the recent decision to just go forward rather than continually trying to think on it the situation which tends to get me nowhere.

Ica'rus

Moon as advice might be warning against being too caught up in fantasy. You may not be seeing things as they really are. There are also a lot of things that you don't know about this crush. As advice, the moon might be telling you to stop asking so many questions about her and stop doing tarot readings on her. To me the moon makes me think that you've asked tarot about her more than once.

Hah, I have received a few cards at times when drawing for a spread and I Know that the card is saying "Stop asking." I have at times realized that I already knew the answer and didn't need the cards to tell me..So I infact drew cards that made me think such.

You are certainly right. I don't know everything about the situation. That is what causes me to draw cards and that at times frustrates me. I think the best advice I can gather from this is that I need to stop thinking so much, and use my intuition, my gut. That is also where my strength and confidence can come from so I can go forward and actually try to make something out of the situation. Otherwise, I will continue to sit in illusion, wondering.