Negative Traits of the Queen of Pents - HELP appreciated.

Enlightenment23

Some of these attributes are the Reversed Queen of Pentacles attributes, not the negatives of the upright Queen of Pentacles. Messy would be the Reversed.

Upright, she can be a little bit of snob. If you tell her, "I like your outfit." She might reply with, "Yes, it's Gucci." She has no idea that this could come off snobby.

The Queen of Pentacles has a certain way of doing things and doesn't like to budge.

She may belittle anyone who she considers a "bad" mother. She could slam someone with, "Why does Mrs. Smith need a nanny....I take care of three kids without any help!"

She can be a little judgmental.

She is set in her ways and doesn't like to change.

The REVERSED queen of pentacles is messy, slovenly, greedy, has vices, is a bad mom, obsessed with making money, marries for money...

Hello there :),

I beg to differ.

Not everyone uses reversals. If I am not mistaken (correct me if I am wrong Nalini :) ), being that I've done readings with Nalini, she does not use reversals. That being said, the Queen of Pentacles holds both negative and positive aspects depending on the surrounding cards in the spread or her intuitive feelings. Or even elemental dignities. So you can't exactly claim something is reserved to be a "reversed trait" -- especially for those who don't use reversals.

Secondly, perhaps we have different ideas of what "reversed" and "upright" means, but to me a reversal can mean blocked or extreme energies (too much or too little of something). Upright is the "happy medium." So the upright Queen of Pentacles is the "golden mean" or "juuuuuuuust right." She is not too materialistic and not too frugal -- she knows exactly how to manage her finances. She is not too snobby and not too neglectful -- she can serve as a financial adviser without being patronizing. The upright Queen is not does not spoil her children nor does she neglect them -- she has just enough resources to keep them well-nourished.

Laurelle

Enlightenment: I don't want to argue with you. If my interpretation doesn't resonate with you then that is fine, but this is a learning forum and these posts will be read by many people, not just the poster. Someone will find it helpful at some point.

Nalini

Laurelle

Some of these attributes are the Reversed Queen of Pentacles attributes, not the negatives of the upright Queen of Pentacles. Messy would be the Reversed.

Upright, she can be a little bit of snob. If you tell her, "I like your outfit." She might reply with, "Yes, it's Gucci." She has no idea that this could come off snobby.

The Queen of Pentacles has a certain way of doing things and doesn't like to budge.

She may belittle anyone who she considers a "bad" mother. She could slam someone with, "Why does Mrs. Smith need a nanny....I take care of three kids without any help!"

She can be a little judgmental.

She is set in her ways and doesn't like to change.

The REVERSED queen of pentacles is messy, slovenly, greedy, has vices, is a bad mom, obsessed with making money, marries for money...

Laurelle,

That's excellent and super helpful. I'm taking notes in my diary for sure. Actually I don't read reversals, so depending on the surrounding cards would have to take those aspects into consideration as well.

Nalini

Enlightenment23

Hello there :),

I beg to differ.

Not everyone uses reversals. If I am not mistaken (correct me if I am wrong Nalini :) ), being that I've done readings with Nalini, she does not use reversals. That being said, the Queen of Pentacles holds both negative and positive aspects depending on the surrounding cards in the spread or her intuitive feelings. Or even elemental dignities. So you can't exactly claim something is reserved to be a "reversed trait" -- especially for those who don't use reversals.

Secondly, perhaps we have different ideas of what "reversed" and "upright" means, but to me a reversal can mean blocked or extreme energies (too much or too little of something). Upright is the "happy medium." So the upright Queen of Pentacles is the "golden mean" or "juuuuuuuust right." She is not too materialistic and not too frugal -- she knows exactly how to manage her finances. She is not too snobby and not too neglectful -- she can serve as a financial adviser without being patronizing. The upright Queen is not does not spoil her children nor does she neglect them -- she has just enough resources to keep them well-nourished.

Enlightenment23,

Indeed, I don't read reversals. :)

Enlightenment23

Enlightenment: I don't want to argue with you. If my interpretation doesn't resonate with you then that is fine, but this is a learning forum and these posts will be read by many people, not just the poster. Someone will find it helpful at some point.

Erm why would you want to argue with me? A simple civil discussion can be had, no? I am just contributing to the conversation. We both have different viewpoints and that is okay. :)

Nalini

Laurelle

Laurelle,

Completely agree with you. As this is a learning forum, all of us find what is useful to us and suits us, letting rest of it go. There is a thread on this forum about the Queen of Pents where she turned up as a hooker in the reading. It certainly doesn't mean that it will always be the case. However, I learnt that can happen too.

danieljuk

the line of when something becomes reversed or just negative traits is different to all of us and different in how we see each individual reading. I think for me a guide to this card with this is that if the Queen of Pents attributes become entirely unbalanced, that is the reversal definition (depending if you use reversals).

But the negative traits of the upright Queen for me would be slightly trapped by their materialism and need for security! I have this as a negative part of my personality and it means you really need security and wouldn't take risks when other people would. You might have a lovely house that you decorate and fill with your taste of furniture but you might not take the risk moving to a new house or new area because you don't want to change what you have! (even though it might be larger with a nice garden, etc etc).

Also there is a part of this card about caring, She is so motherly and looking after people. The reversal would be getting completely exhausted and burnt out doing things for others or being taken advantage of but a negative part of the upright is not taking some time for themselves, you can't always look after everyone else. just some ideas :)

Nalini

danieljuk

the line of when something becomes reversed or just negative traits is different to all of us and different in how we see each individual reading. I think for me a guide to this card with this is that if the Queen of Pents attributes become entirely unbalanced, that is the reversal definition (depending if you use reversals).

But the negative traits of the upright Queen for me would be slightly trapped by their materialism and need for security! I have this as a negative part of my personality and it means you really need security and wouldn't take risks when other people would. You might have a lovely house that you decorate and fill with your taste of furniture but you might not take the risk moving to a new house or new area because you don't want to change what you have! (even though it might be larger with a nice garden, etc etc).

Also there is a part of this card about caring, She is so motherly and looking after people. The reversal would be getting completely exhausted and burnt out doing things for others or being taken advantage of but a negative part of the upright is not taking some time for themselves, you can't always look after everyone else. just some ideas :)

danieljuk,

Thanks very much for sharing your views and knowledge. I'm noting the important points and ideas that has come up on this thread.

Sharla

Not sure if this has already been said, because i've not read the whole of the post but another one could be someone who is financially unstable and irresponsible, and just expects somebody else to come and sort their mess out they've caused for themselves.

Nalini

Sharla

Not sure if this has already been said, because i've not read the whole of the post but another one could be someone who is financially unstable and irresponsible, and just expects somebody else to come and sort their mess out they've caused for themselves.

Hello Sharla,

Thanks for mentioning that point as no one else have. Another one that goes in my diary.