Wheel of Fortune as feelings (platonic)

winter garden

I'm wondering about the Wheel of Fortune as feelings when considered in a platonic context?

It came up in two readings: one about someone's feelings about becoming my mentor, and then again when I asked about their feelings for me (in general). I understand the wheel to be feelings which are somewhat unstable, and possibly someone is not quite sure how they feel, but what would you make of them when clarified by three of swords as they were in my reading about my potential mentor's feelings for me?

For context, this relationship would be centered around a creative pursuit, so maybe the three of swords pertains to creative ideas? Sorry, I am struggling to see the connection and am a little concerned as ten of cups, two of cups and the tower fell out of the deck as I was shuffling. I hope it is okay to mention that here; I realise it isn't part of the reading, but I was concerned about these energies surrounding the read as my potential mentor is married with small children.

Laurelle

ok. So this is part of the KP/Tower situation?

Now you also have the 2C/10C/Wheel/3S?

Now it looks like we have some kind of love triangle. The KP often represents a married man.

What kind of mentoring? Is this something that you have created or is it part of a program that he signed up for and he knows he will mentor someone?

I get the impress from these cards that you are a little infatuated with him and I am inclined to think that this is not a mentoring program. If I am wrong please tell me because might slightly change the reading.

It looks like we have a complicated situation where someone may get hurt. You have the 3 of Swords, which means that someone is going to get rejected, spurned and hurt. We have the Wheel of Fortune which does have a tendency to go up and down. The 10 of Cups is his family and your wishful thinking about being close to him (2c).

And then the Tower? Things look like they might get shaken up. Do you want to shake things up in his life?

Also, from your other reading the Tower is fire and the KP is earth. These two don't really go together, so we have negative attributes of the KP I think. Do you not read reversals? A lot of people who don't read reversals read elemental dignities.

winter garden

ok. So this is part of the KP/Tower situation?

Now you also have the 2C/10C/Wheel/3S?

Now it looks like we have some kind of love triangle. The KP often represents a married man.

What kind of mentoring? Is this something that you have created or is it part of a program that he signed up for and he knows he will mentor someone?

I get the impress from these cards that you are a little infatuated with him and I am inclined to think that this is not a mentoring program. If I am wrong please tell me because might slightly change the reading.

It looks like we have a complicated situation where someone may get hurt. You have the 3 of Swords, which means that someone is going to get rejected, spurned and hurt. We have the Wheel of Fortune which does have a tendency to go up and down. The 10 of Cups is his family and your wishful thinking about being close to him (2c).

And then the Tower? Things look like they might get shaken up. Do you want to shake things up in his life?

Also, from your other reading the Tower is fire and the KP is earth. These two don't really go together, so we have negative attributes of the KP I think. Do you not read reversals? A lot of people who don't read reversals read elemental dignities.

This is sort of part of the tower + KoP situation, but was not in the same question.

No, I'm not infatuated with him, so there is no issue there. We have had some strange energy between us in the past, but my romantic energies and his are focused elsewhere. This guy was a lecturer at my university, but isn't any longer (I've not seen him in twelve months) and I was hoping to have him as a mentor as he is highly skilled and could teach me a lot. He has already offered to let me borrow some of his equipment, and indicated he would like to catch up. He is a KoP literally, in the sense that he is a Taurus and older than myself. I certainly don't want to shake anything up in his life, no. I was merely confused as why the wheel would come up as both his feelings for me, and as his feelings about becoming my mentor. The other question in which the tower appeared was about how he would react to being asked by me to become my mentor. I did post a thread in "your readings" regarding one of the feelings spreads: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=241812

he spread I did about his feelings for me isn't posted, but I can do so if that would help you give me a better interpretation.

Laurelle

It definitely sounds like he is infatuated with you a little bit, so asking him to mentor you will shake him up. He'll get that lightening moment of "Ah!!".

The strange energy could really be about the wheel too. The Wheel has fated/karmic properties to it.

Sometimes things start of innocent enough, but then we have a tower moment. Tower can also be about an orgasm. It can be the "I never thought I would feel like this" moment too.

I would be careful to define exactly what you are looking for with him because all these combinations do not indicate that his feelings for you are neutral.

winter garden

Despite any attraction I've had to him in the past, I just wouldn't go there. There are small babies involved, and I would never cross that line. Maybe he's just feeling a little midlife crisis coming on or something. He's been at home while his wife was working, so perhaps it is getting to him a little since I doubt he has much time to pursue his creative endeavours while looking after a toddler, and now a newborn.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretations of ALL cards mentioned

Sorry, I am struggling to see the connection and am a little concerned as ten of cups, two of cups and the tower fell out of the deck as I was shuffling. I hope it is okay to mention that here; I realise it isn't part of the reading, but I was concerned about these energies surrounding the read as my potential mentor is married with small children.
Greetings winter garden,

Would you please offer your interpretation of ALL the cards that you mentioned. The rules are that if you mention any cards related to a reading--repeat, those that fall out, clarifiers--if you bring them up, you, the person asking for help, MUST interpret them FIRST.

For more on our rules, see here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174

As the thread has gotten a little complex already with answers, we will not close it or hide any responses, but we really do need your thoughts on these three jumpers.

Posters PLEASE HOLD OFF until winter garden has offered thoughts on ALL cards mentioned from this reading.

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

winter garden

Apologies, ten of cups I see as being related to family and having reached a certain level of deep bond, so feelings of comfort or strong connection perhaps. The two of cups as feeling like you see eye to eye with someone, and the tower as a sudden change of feelings.

Nymshi

Are you sure there isn't a third person involved? I have experience with Wheel of Fortune referring to a love triangle, particularly the RWS version. When this happens, one person is the Sphinx, one the snake Typhon, and the last the jackal Hermanubis.

The sphinx is the neutral party, or tries to be as neutral as possible. The snake is unhappy with this neutrality and stirs up chaos. The jackal in turn is unhappy with the chaos and tries to change the situation. This makes the sphinx unhappy, who then has to fight harder to maintain equilibrium. So as you can see, this triangle is unstable and only lasts about as long as the sphinx person can maintain their balance.

Three of Swords unfortunately echoes this theme, since the stalemate of the Two of Swords is likewise unsustainable. Something's got to give and that's where the third sword cuts through.

winter garden

Are you sure there isn't a third person involved? I have experience with Wheel of Fortune referring to a love triangle, particularly the RWS version. When this happens, one person is the Sphinx, one the snake Typhon, and the last the jackal Hermanubis.

The sphinx is the neutral party, or tries to be as neutral as possible. The snake is unhappy with this neutrality and stirs up chaos. The jackal in turn is unhappy with the chaos and tries to change the situation. This makes the sphinx unhappy, who then has to fight harder to maintain equilibrium. So as you can see, this triangle is unstable and only lasts about as long as the sphinx person can maintain their balance.

Three of Swords unfortunately echoes this theme, since the stalemate of the Two of Swords is likewise unsustainable. Something's got to give and that's where the third sword cuts through.

There is a third person involved - his wife. I am not interested in my potential mentor (although he is incredibly attractive), and I was confused about why the wheel was coming up in questions about him. The wheel in relation to how he feels about becoming my mentor has now been discussed in the 'your readings' thread, but the wheel with three of swords clarifier was the first card in a reading about his feelings for me. Seemed a weird card to come up for what is a platonic relationship, esp with the other cards jumping out of the deck.