21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

MardiGras

Step ONE: Morgan Greer, 0 -The Fool Major Arcana

card is borderless RWS Style and the image has been blown up.
clothes black red and white. hair blonde shors wavey. laurel wreath and red feather in his hair. holds a white rose in one hand and staff in the other his belongings over his shoulder orange bag. a white dog pulls at his sleeve. background yellow golden sun blue mountains with white tips a cliff behind in dark brown. To me it is showing purity,inner child, youth foolishness not looking before you leap, warnings are there but seeing the world with rose colored spectacles and going for it anyway.

from the morgan greer tarot deck

MG

dadsnook2000

Welcome MardiGras and faunabay

We are glad you have joined our study group. As you have already noticed from following the postings of others, we are finding a lot of interesting insights into how we view and use our cards as we move through each of the "Apprentice" Steps in Mary's Greer's book.

MardiGras, you have chosen the same card as I have switched to as of Step 10. Although we are focusing on the FOOL, the two decks portray the Fool quite differently. I will find it interesting to follow you exploration and see what is discovered in the Morgan Greer Fool card. Faunabay has chosen the Knight of Swords from the Universal Fantasy tarot deck -- this card is always a popular and intriguing subject for study, perhaps because it touches something basic in all of us in a powerful way.

Any of us on this list will be glad to assist you in any way, and all of us will be following your discoveries. So, again, welcome. Dave

Roewyn

Step ONE: Gilded Tarot, Queen of Wands

This card is fiery red. The woman is wearing a red cloak with decorations across her breast. The cloak is hooded, and the hood is up, but you can see her face well. She stares directly at you. She holds a single wand with both hands, almost as you would hold a golf club. The wand is gold with red. Her dress is orangish, almost sunset orange, with red designs on it that look to me like they could be Buddhist in nature (?). Beside her on her right is a brown pillar with golden decoration, it is just about as tall as her, and it has a golden globe appointed to its top. Fire billows out from beneath it rising above the orb. Slighty behind and to the right of that is a shorter pillar, about waist high. This is brown in color and smooth with gold trimming. There is an identical one slightly behind, and to left of the queen. The floor on which she stands seems ceramic, brownish in color like the pillars, with swirls of red flowing through it. Even the sky behind her has a red glow to it, scattered with clouds in different hues of red.

This is the Queen of Wands from the Gilded Tarot.

**Question.. :D do we do this for each of the three cards we have drawn?**

Roewyn

Jewel

Roewyn said:
**Question.. :D do we do this for each of the three cards we have drawn?**
Roewyn welcome to the study group! You will primarily work with your chosen card so you do not need to this for your other 2 cards.

rebecca-smiles

Choosing the card: This is the Star, card XVIII(17) From the Thoth deck.

The Star card is predominantly blue and purple. It shows a woman holding two cups, one she holds aloft and seems to pour down upon herself, the other she holds over the ground and pours down. There is a y pointed star overhead, and a planet, or perhaps the moon in the background. She is in a landscape with hills in the distance, a sea or lake, and crystals at her feet. Moths fly over flowers behind her, and her hair drapes over her naked body. What is she pouring? It looks like starlight, with geometric patterns in the light.

dadsnook2000

Welcome to another STAR card

This is indeed a popular card; we have two other decks/cards for the Star. We are learning a lot about each of them, as you will learn a lot about this particular card. I did a wood carving of the Troth Star and Magician cards. The Star card brings a lot of meanings with it over time as you study it. I don't read with my Troth deck so I haven't spent that much time with the card and its meanings.

I'll look forward to following your journey through the step ahead. Dave

Rose1974

Thoth deck I drew the Prince of Wands:

The card is predominately red, yellow and orange with some green and blue accents. Lots of energy and action going on. A young man on a chariot drawn by a lion he sits with his feet in a 4 shape in his right hand a wand with a birdlike head. In his other hand the reigns, but he's not holding the reigns it sits loosely on his rists. It's like he's giving the power to the animal, surrendering but in a very confidend way.

he's naked apart from the round symbol on his chest and the raylike hat hes wearing. Looks like the sun is behind him. This cards radiates fire and heat, strive and struggle, power and moving forward, determination. Also like the young man is carrying this with him in the chariot.

The lion is walking straight towards the person looking at the card, he comes accross as very determined. The young man looks also straight at the person looking at the card. Lots of sultring heat coming from the card.

This is the Prince of Wands from the Thoth deck

Jewel

rebecca-smiles said:
Choosing the card: This is the Star, card XVIII(17) From the Thoth deck.
Cool! Another Star card!!! My card is the Star from the Fantastic Menagerie and Coyoteblack has the Star from the Tarot of Dreams. He and I have had a terrific time exploring our cards together and we do follow all the 21 ways threads so we will be very very interested in your Star!

So dadsnook, when will you be carving the "Ibis-Woman" :D

dadsnook2000

For Jewel

I was creating wood carved tarot card figures which I replicated for mounting on book boxes, chests, etc. Everyone thought they were wonderful but the tarot community didn't support the project. I dropped the venture after a year. So, I'm not likely to carve the Ibis Woman. Right now I'm carving carousel horses to be mounted on lamps for the grand children. Dave

rebecca-smiles

Hey Jewel! yeah i might have to nip in at step 16/17 where ever you are at. i don't want to be left behind!

I chose the star because other than rather trite keywords i probably know this card least out of the whole of any deck. seemed a good place to start.