The major influences over your life (39)

MadDragon

This is a different sort of reading, as you wont be reading each individual card, but rather large groups and themes. It's really good practice for when you're learning the cards like I am.

You, or the person you're reading for, shuffle the deck while meditating on your/their life. You then start to deal the deck out, placing them as best you can in order. It will get big, so I would recommend doing it on the floor. Try spacing them according to their order, so that there is room for any cards you might place. Stop when you have reached exactly halfway through the deck, 39 cards in total.

It should look something like this:

Wands: - - - - - - - - - - P Kn Q K - I II - IV V
Cups: - 2 3 4 5 6 - - - - P Kn - K - - VIII - - -
Swords: A - 3 4 - - 7 - 9 - P Kn Q K XII XIII XIV - - -
Coins: A 2 - - 5 6 7 - 9 - P - Q - XVIII XIX - - - -

Now lean back and examine what cards you have, and what cards you don't have. Notice how many of each suit you have, and how that relates to you or your life.

Notice the courts of each suit you have, and think about who you have in your life, and who you don't have. This is not a time for negative thinking, but instead hopeful. Who will you meet that will become your missing King of Cups, or Queen of Wands?

Examine the Major Arcana, and think about the order they appeared in, if you like, or you could just see who stands out to you or is separate from the groups. If you have a full line, don't ignore it. If you have pairs or suits don't ignore it.

Sit for as long as you want, examining these cards, because they represent the strongest influences of your life right now.