Double Trinity Spread

Lady Lenore

Greetings all,

After searching the forums I found a few posts regarding the 3-card Mother/Maiden/Crone spread, but I haven't located anything regarding the male half of that trinity. While doing a M/M/C reading on my husband, he recommended experimenting with drawing the male half of the trinity represented by the Poet, the Warrior, and the King. My curiosity kicked in, and as I hadn't yet re-shuffled and the cards were still tuned to him as the querent, I drew an additional three cards and placed them beside their female counterparts in the original 3-card draw. Lo and behold, with the addition of the male half we had a fuller, more profound reading with the new 6-card spread than had been obtained by the Mother/Maiden/Crone alone. It has subsequently worked for my personal draws and draws on several other querents, so I decided to share with the community to see if you have the same success and insight with the spread that I have.

The Double Trinity Spread

1. Maiden: What is fresh and new in my life or spirit; what should have additional time to grow and reach its pinnacle.
2. Mother: What is at its peak and in full bloom in my life or spirit; what aspects of my life or personality are fully evident to myself and others around me.
3. Crone: What is fading or coming to an end in my life or spirit; what experiences I have had that I have overcome.
4. Poet: The hopes and dreams that I should foster in the times to come.
5. Warrior: What I should keep fighting to maintain or develop in my life or spirit; alternately, depending on card drawn, what is fighting against me at this time.
6. King: What wisdom I have gained; what prior experiences I should reflect upon.

In my experience, each male card tends to enhance and deepen the meaning of the female card, but in theory, they could also show the opposing or countering force to the initial theme of the first draw and give insight to obstacles that may be upcoming. Also, I drew this using a full deck, but it may also be interesting to try using only court cards and majors. Let me know if you all have as much success as I have with this spread, and thank you all for taking a look at it!

Blessings,

Lady Lenore

thirdlibra

I love this. I really do.

Lady Lenore

Thank you so much, thirdlibra! It was the first original spread I tried since I'm so new to tarot, so I was nervous about the reception it would receive. And hope like heck I'm not accidentally using someone else's idea.

moon_light

I like this! I'm gonna try it out for myself and see what comes up. Thanks!

ETA: I had a really amazing experience doing this spread. It really spoke to me deeply and I feel like I learned a lot about myself. This is a great spread! I might want to do it a couple of times a year. Thank you!