Book of Law Study Group 1.9

Grigori

I've been rereading the previous line, as the difference between the Khabs and the Khu seems to keep slipping out of my understanding. I
am feeling happier about it today, and the image of a ball of star light inside a house is proving quite useful. In the context of this verse this becomes an image of opening a door to see the light within come streaming out, rather than sitting outside on the footpath looking up at a house with dark windows. I've decided my house has heavy curtains obviously :laugh:

Always Wondering

I found this quote helpful from Initiation in the Aeon of the Child

J. Daniel Gunther said:
That which the Khabs presents to the world is the Khu, a visible robe of experience, a coat of many colors as varied and unique as the individual star that creates it. One might say that is is the essential radiance, the "magical selfood" of our star throughout its journey.

Similia said:
In the context of this verse this becomes an image of opening a door to see the light within come streaming out, rather than sitting outside on the footpath looking up at a house with dark windows.

You sound a lot like Gunther, Similia, in spite of your "heavy curtians" ;)

J. Daniel Gunther said:
When the aspirant cries out in his adorations, "Appear on the throne of Ra! Open the ways of the Khu!," it must be more than habitual recitation. It is an invocation of the Lord of Transformation who holds in His hands the power of Life and Death, the Word which quickens these, opening the ways of the Khabs through the secret portal in the House of Ra and Tum.

AW

Grigori

Thanks AW, I'm going to reread that section from the book :)

Beira

I am a bit puzzled over the word worship.
I looked up its meaning, and beside the more common
"Act of devotion towards a deity"
I also found
Cherish; treasure; admire; esteem; honour; hold in high regard; look up to.

These meanings are the most connected with the old english meaning of the word, that was to "acknowledge worth". And AC just loved archaic words.
So, I reckon that the Khabs are of a divine nature, but it felt a bit awkward to worship a part of myself in the usual meaning of the term.
I find the idea of looking up to it, reckoning its predominance over the Khu, and trying to let it shine, far more resonating with the idea I am building up as for the message of the Book of Law.
And it makes perfect sense with the rest of the line: let the light of Nuit that is in your Khab shine out and awe it.
A question: is Khabs the singular or plural? Is it correct to say " My Khab" , or maybe it is a name that exist only in plural, expressing the multiplicity of the incarnations of Nuit?