Knight symbols

moonman

Hi All,

Does anyone know what are the symbols for the knights

So far I can on think of 2 for the Wands which is a salamander and the swords a butterfly.

What about the cups and coins?

Is there any more symbols used that I can't see in the 2 that I have already mentioned.

BIG THANKS

Seb

Inana

Mmmmh... maybe im wrong but the animals you said are related with the element ruling on the cards.

About the salamander, i've seen somewhere its a symbol of something that "doesnt burns"... Cant explain it better. Hope someone else can give more insight on this.

rota

Salamanders are considered by some writers to be actual creatures on an etheric level who enjoy the presence and activity of heat. It's said they enjoy flames in the same way that an otter loves a waterfall.
Be that as it may, the animal salamander, the amphibian, is a convenient symbol for the spiritual idea of rising, consuming heat, and that's why they're seen on various Wand court cards.
Similarly, the butterfly and bird are seen on Sword/Air cards.
On Cup/Water court cards you often see fish.
The Pentacles often use flowering plants, turned earth or mammals, like the rabbit on the Queen card.

Phoenix_Down

Salamanders have long been associated with fire. Anchient people ascribed magical properties for them, as they seemed immune to fire.

Salamanders have been known to hide within logs and other places. When ancheints burned the logs, salamanders would crawl out from the crevices of the log, far too small for their bodies. They beleived the salamanders were born out of the fire.

Fulgour

Knight sights

moonman said:
Does anyone know what are the symbols for the knights
Swords: Butterfly
Wands: Salamander
Pentacles: Foliage
Cups: Fish

psychic sue

With regard to the salamanders;

Notice on the knight of wand's shirt, the tails do not touch the mouths, symbolising uncompleted plans and actions, in contrast to the king's shirt, where they do. The King has completed his adventures - the Knight has only just begun.