Interpreting La Papessa

Miss Woo

I'm using the Ben-Dov book to interpret my Soprafino/Il Meneghello deck, which is a bit difficult at times because the book was written specifically for use with the CBD TdM deck. For example, here is the interpretation for La Papesse (The Popess)...

Wisdom combining intellect and intuition. A spiritual mother. A woman hiding her strengths in a world of men. Modesty. Secrets, something hidden, mystery. Getting a hint of something which remains largely unknown. Impossible to give a definite answer now.

And here is the Il Meneghello interpretation for La Papessa...

(Please excuse my Google translation)

Intelligence , discernment , insight , woman ( or man ) , able to teach others and predict eventl : teacher , most of that school of life . Generosity , gentleness in romantic relationships , Clarity in business. Tendency not caciarsi in complicated situations

Maybe I should buy the CBD deck to make things a bit easier... I wish there was a book specifically for the Soprafino. There is only a small sheet of paper with card meanings for the Major Arcana. Perhaps I will write to Arnell's Art and ask them?

Mihai

The book you're referring to can actually be used with "any" deck. Remember, the the purpose of that book is to interpret a three card spread, by what the score is saying, which will be different each time you see it. The reason for this is because the reading is subjective to how "you" are feeling and what you've experienced. Individual card meanings are not the main focus of "Open Reading".

You will find additional help, along the same lines by studying Enrique Enriquez.

Mihai

Miss Woo

The book you're referring to can actually be used with "any" deck. Remember, the the purpose of that book is to interpret a three card spread, by what the score is saying, which will be different each time you see it. The reason for this is because the reading is subjective to how "you" are feeling and what you've experienced. Individual card meanings are not the main focus of "Open Reading".

You will find additional help, along the same lines by studying Enrique Enriquez.

Mihai

Thanks! :)

This makes sense because I found that I relate more strongly to the Ben-Dov interpretation of The Popess, so I'm going to use that one. I'm just going to use whatever works for me. I really like this way of reading :)