Knight of Wands

mooiedragon

I can't find a lot on this guy, except that he is the fiery part of fire.

When I look at the card I think of somebody who is agressive and challenging. Head strong, perhaps. I get that from the charging horse and the red flames at the bottom of the cloak and at the end of the wand.

I'm not sure what the rays of light behind him are supposed to represent. It also strikes me as odd that it looks as though he is being propelled forward from behind, as his hair and the horses mane and tail are all being swept forward. Like he is bing pushed by an unseen force. Is the Knight of wands somebody who is easily swept away on an adventure? Or is he somebody who will sweep you away, too?

Sweet Irish Angel

Hiya

Mooiedragon :)

good question, lol I get confused from time to time too lol

to me he represents a man who loves action, a very popular, energetic and loving person but sometimes can be unpredictable. :D - something I like tho lol his actions can be a lil adhoc sometimes and he does things on a whim, I always like to think of him as someone who would sweep you off your feet lol he often will act now and think later lol :laugh:

ravenest

mooiedragon said:
When I look at the card I think of somebody who is agressive and challenging. Head strong, perhaps. I get that from the charging horse and the red flames at the bottom of the cloak and at the end of the wand.

yeah, I'd go along with that. But there is more. It is as though the energy is SO stong that the forces at it's origin are above and beyond him. I love the idea that he is ' to go forward with tense confidence in his own ability.' It is as if he is going so fast and doing it so well that most of us are alarmed and are about to warn him to take care, but this attitude can in itself cause one to faulter. It's like when you do something so good and with so much energy it has a life of its own and any warning or cautions or doubtful thoughts will pollute the energy and may themselves bring about the results of the warnings.
mooiedragon said:
I'm not sure what the rays of light behind him are supposed to represent. It also strikes me as odd that it looks as though he is being propelled forward from behind, as his hair and the horses mane and tail are all being swept forward. Like he is bing pushed by an unseen force. Is the Knight of wands somebody who is easily swept away on an adventure? Or is he somebody who will sweep you away, too?

I see the energy as above and beyond him and pulling him forward. One could also see it as a stong 'wind' of fire energy pushing him along in the direction he is going.

I find that elemental fire in its highest aspect is difficult to distinquish from eletal spirit and more so the K of W's being the card of primal force in the fire courts (and fire of fire), the spirit in him is so stong that it is not really of this world.

ravenest

It is possible that he is easily swept along, but I see it like he is the force and others are likely to swept along.

Lillie

This is very interesting, bacause, to be honest, I have never really understood this character.

Which is odd, cos acording to the astro thingy, I am him (or he is me) like you, Ravenest, and the queen of cups.

but I don't really see myself in the discriptions you have all given.
I'm not particularly dynamic.

mooiedragon

Hey, sorry for not seeing the other thread on this guy before I posted. My bad.

I think all the descriptions so far are pretty accurate, but I still wonder what it is that drives him. Is it simply impulse or desire? He doesn't seem conscious of us at all, he's focused forward. It's like he isn't aware of his surroundings, his energy is at the task at hand. He just gets so caught up in it.

I pulled this card as my daily card yesterday. Seriously, nothing dynamic or impulsive happened. But I did notice that I started lots of little projects and finished very few of them.

Lillie: I can see him in you already! Re-read what you posted about the queen and the response you got from it. Still think you're not dynamic?

ravenest

Lillie said:
Which is odd, cos acording to the astro thingy, I am him (or he is me) like you, Ravenest, and the queen of cups.

Perhaps your fiery Knight needs a cool blue Queen to bring out his better qualities?

Dejavooo

This card is all about action for me. I see him as a person who persues his goals even though not everyone would agree or even block his path. He is very determined and wants to get things done his way. But the thing is that sometimes when he gets a new idea he readily jumps and starts to persue it but he maybe be blind to other things in the process and totally miss bull's eye, then he crashes...and it is not pretty. There are forces that push him forward too and he is only glad for that. :)

Lillie

Mooiedragon, I just said what I think...
I've never thought of my self as dynamic!
dynamic is young men in suits, called Toby, who have stocks and shares and jobs in the city and things like that.

Me mumbling to myself as I gaze deep into my own belly button fluff......
It's just not the same, is it?

Ravenest!
You're a cheeky devil you are.
But you make me laugh.