major and minor reflections

starchild

hi, I am looking to see if there is a thread that talks about the reflections between the major and the minor cards. there is a few that I can't think of just now, I have rather forgotten or I never knew.
The death card is driving me crazy. I can't see it as the ten of swords as I see the ten of swords more as the tower, the ending being rather a painful end, however, i can't think of another minor for the death card. is there any good threads about this, I did do a search but didn't find anything. maybe I am typing it in wrong. thank you.

Thirteen

The death card is driving me crazy. I can't see it as the ten of swords as I see the ten of swords more as the tower, the ending being rather a painful end, however, i can't think of another minor for the death card. is there any good threads about this, I did do a search but didn't find anything. maybe I am typing it in wrong. thank you.
Are you trying to connect the Death card with the 10/Swords? Most connections between the majors and minors connects the 10's with the Wheel of Fortune (You've reached the end of the spin and spin again), or the World (again, you've finished something—graduated—and now need to continue on at a different level).

The 10's are not usually connected to the Death card even if, like the Ride-Waite 10/Swords, they feature a dead person. They are endings, but Death is about something leaving unexpectedly and all that remains is an empty spot. Like a place you used to have coffee at, it goes out of business and they tear down the building. All that's left is an empty lot and who knows what will go there. So, you mourn for that. Death includes that, a period of mourning.

Something will take that empty place, but you'll have to be sad for a while till it does.

The 10's can indicate something ending o the earthly plane but going to a spiritual plane—or continuing on after the death. The 10/Swords, for example, tells the story of Solomon's architect who wouldn't tell secrets to two unworthy persons, and they killed him for that. He is dead, but his story continues on as an example to those who hear it, making them understand that they should die rather than reveal secrets to the unworthy. So, yes, he died, but he wasn't erased, gone, leaving behind nothing but an empty space. To the contrary, he left a legacy, a story, a lesson. It continues on long after him. A lot of the 10's are like that. Coming to an end, but leaving behind something that lasts and has an affect on the future.

Does that help?

NatKat

hi, I am looking to see if there is a thread that talks about the reflections between the major and the minor cards. there is a few that I can't think of just now, I have rather forgotten or I never knew.

This is more of a personal choice connection.
Numerologically, Death as #13 = 4 so relates to Emperor and the 4s. Don't ask me how exactly ...

For me, personally, I read 2 cards to mean actual death as in
not symbolic someone really left this world death
Death & 10 sword are both cards i take to mean actual death & dying.

starchild

hi. Thank you for your replies, I read the link also. my question wasn't directed just at the death card although what has been said has made sense.
is there a any threads or sites where I may be able to see how others reflect the minors to the majors, without using the numbers.
what would be a minor card for transformation and law of nature changes, like with the death card.
for example, I see the 8 of cups as a reflection of the hermit, I also see how the 4 of swords would also reflect the hermit.
I see the ten of swords as a reflection of the tower card and I can also see how the 5 of wands would reflect the tower.
without using numerology, I wonder if I can find others who use reflections and where I could find them.
thank you x

starchild

still wondering if anyone knows the reflections between the major and the minors. please..

rwcarter

I've never heard of such a thing until you mentioned it. So I would assume that the lack of replies in this thread is because no one else has heard of those kind of associations either.

You may as well try to formulate the associations yourself. We could do it as a group exercise in this thread if you like.

starchild

yes i would love to. for example. and this is just my humble opinion, and the majors will have more than one reflection in the minors, i see

ace of wands= magician
3 of wands= Emporer or magician
5 of wands= the tower, (due to the chaos ect)
6 of wands= the chariot

ace of coins=wheel of fortune
2 of coins= temperance
8 of coins= the pope
10 of coins0 the world

2 of cups= the lovers
3 of cups= the sun
4 of cups= the moon
5 of cups= the judgment
8 of cups= the hermit

that's all I have for now, I did do this years ago and yet i have can't find my notes and i can't remember as i haven't used reflections between minors for quite some years.