"Excuse me...but...are those Tarot cards?"

Aura Wolf

Congrats terri! Haven't talked to you for awhile (my tat's doing good by the way!) but I'm glad things are going well for you! Hope this is the beginning of something good...

Emeraldgirl

Hi Terri,

What a great story. I have had similar experiences especially while travelling. People get very board on long train ride and boat rides. Can't wait to hear how your trip went Annabelle.

tmgrl2

Thanks again, everyone!!

I feel that the day in itself and the talks about Tarot have already essentially served Tarot and what we wish to promote...like ripples in the water, people now more information should they be part of another Tarot discussion.

Many are surprised that it started out as a game....then we talk about the 22 atouts and the pips and some basic meanings and what a spread is....

I'm chuckling about my own reading. I did a CC (nobody actually watched me)...set out the spread and today I realized I left a blank where Card #6 should have been. Just didn't put one there. I'm letting the reading stand...instead of moving the others back a position. Going to assume I got the cards I was supposed to get...(maybe I'll pull that one extra today...for immediate future...).

Yes...I'm hoping others will share similar experiences. This isn't the first time for me...since promotion of the Tarot is right up there with reading for me.

terri

(PS, DS, my tat healed beautifully, too!)

Umbrae

"Read...and they will come..."

...and it's another ripple in the myth-stream...

And you know, over the years I’ve been called evil, “So call the police and burn me at the stake…” comes out of my mouth followed by the ‘hairy-eyeball’.

“Do you believe in those things?” is another to which I respond, “Could you rephrase the question? I do believe the earth rotates around the sun…” (any nonsequitur does just fine).

Folks…we gotta stand up…I’ve read in Salt Lake City…think about it…

OakDragon

Here in California, when I pull out my cards at a coffeehouse, which is what I usually do, people ignore them or, at least, don't seem to notice them. It sure is a positive change from Florida, though! Boy, is it good to be back. When I lived in Florida, there was a significant chance that when I'd pull out my cards, someone would come over and try to convert me to Christianity because I "looked like I needed saving". *rolls eyes*

PlatinumDove

Umbrae said:
"Read...and they will come..."

...and it's another ripple in the myth-stream...

And you know, over the years I’ve been called evil, “So call the police and burn me at the stake…” comes out of my mouth followed by the ‘hairy-eyeball’.

“Do you believe in those things?” is another to which I respond, “Could you rephrase the question? I do believe the earth rotates around the sun…” (any nonsequitur does just fine).

Folks…we gotta stand up…I’ve read in Salt Lake City…think about it…

Umbrae, you always make me feel so courageous after I read one of your posts. Makes me want to go out there and say "Who gives a fig about what others think?"

tmgrl2

PlatinumDove said:
Umbrae, you always make me feel so courageous after I read one of your posts. Makes me want to go out there and say "Who gives a fig about what others think?"

I agree, PD....When I read Umbrae's Process and then many of his posts....I was encouraged to move forward...

He's more aggressive with the naysayers than I am, I believe....he ANSWERS them....LOL

I just ignore them and hope they go away...they usually do, or they get quiet and listen. Certainly I may encounter someone one day that I will need to deal with in a more assertive fashion....but so far, I haven't.

I really believe the Tarot is gift....and gifts should be shared. So, even though I'm still in the early phases of reading live and in bringing out decks when I go somewhere, I still do it and I have never been sorry. I always walk away having gained and learned something myself.

terri

TemperanceAngel

terri a truly marvelous story :D I have always been an advocate of reading for your hairdresser, as everyone listens to their hairdresser ;) It's the best and cheapest way to promote your business!

Go gal!

tmgrl2

TemperanceAngel said:
terri a truly marvelous story :D I have always been an advocate of reading for your hairdresser, as everyone listens to their hairdresser ;) It's the best and cheapest way to promote your business!

Go gal!

What's funny is he isn't interested in the least in having a reading for himself, but wanted my flyers....the woman who shampoos and takes out my color defintely wants a reading....My hairdresser feels it is so cool that I read, but like my husband (who had one reading when I started)...he now listens to me "talk Tarot" with a "whatever...." attitude, but sometimes I hear him talking to someone on the phone...and....if it's someone he hasn't talked to in some time,

he'll tell them I retired and in the next breath tell them...

"She is really into Tarot....she reads here at home and is on a computer forum ...."

I can hear

Pride in his voice.

I love it!

I still owe a couple of readings at the tattoo parlor...I need to set those up as well!

terri

Little Baron

Great story Terri ... your connection and warmth for the cards comes across so beautifully as you describe what happened. It was exciting to read. And I am sure that your husband is very proud of you.

I hope all goes well and you get some new and inspiring clients. Keep us posted.

LB