What Oracle Deck Are You Using?

Aristede

I really prefer reading with oracle cards, and rarely use Tarot anymore. My old standby is the regular playing card deck, although lately I've been drawn back to using the Cartouche oracle cards which I had neglected for a few years.

I'm also studying the Lenormand Oracle which I know I'll use more once I become comfortable with reading them.

Sophie

Well, I prefer non-card oracles (i-ching, runes, stones, stichomancy, especially). BTW, Satori, whenever I draw an I-Ching hexagramme, I have a look at the corresponding card in the Tao Oracle, and I add the interpretation in the book to my thoughts about the hexagramme. But I start with the original first (I even have a good look at the Chinese characters and study their meaning in my books, because I don't know ancient Chinese), and work out from there.

BUT I own and use a fair number of card oracles, and I do like them. Which ones I read with most? Lenormand (various), Fairy Ring Oracle and Froud's Faeries. Lenormand for straight-on predictions and fortune-telling, Fairy Ring for its "tell it as it is" truth (can be brutal and can be enchanting) and that faery touch in prediction (often correct), and Froud's Faery Oracle because - oh, the faeries always have something wise to tell, or at least, something à-propos!

I use my Kimberley Mahooney Angel decks (Angel Blessings and Angel Love) a lot, but less for divination than for comfort and manifestation (although I am going to be using them for divination this intuitive oracle reading round).

BodhiSeed

Fudugazi said:
I use my Kimberley Mahooney Angel decks (Angel Blessings and Angel Love) a lot, but less for divination than for comfort and manifestation (although I am going to be using them for divination this intuitive oracle reading round).

I'm not much on angel decks, but I just picked up Mahooney's Angel Blessings on ebay very reasonbly priced. From the scans, these look beautiful!

Bodhran

MareSaturni

Right now:

~The Wisdom Well
~Symbolon

That might change next week, but these two have been quite invictus for a while :p

~Marina

bluefairy

i am using

i am currently using the russian gypsy fortune telling cards by svetlana alexandrovna touchkoff.someone had told me about them so i did some research and i seemed to enjoy them. i am still learning but they are great.

6 Haunted Days

I'm using the Victorian Flower Oracle, Graven Images, Fairy Ring and my mainstay deck The Witches' Runes (Jackson).

Grizabella

I'm getting started with the little Lenormand that Dwaas sent to me last summer in a tarot trade. I ordered Sylvie Steinbach's book with an Amazon gift certificate I got through the Trading forum and I want to go through the study seminar she's doing here at AT when the book comes. I'm very fascinated with the little deck and can't wait to get busy learning more about it.

I use the Tao Oracle sometimes, though, and I've been using some runes sent to me by FaireMaiden in an exchange. I've also got an Egyptian oracle and a Scarab oracle I've been working with a little bit.

Satori

I'm breaking out my Faeries Oracle and offering readings!!! Been a while and they are just bursting at the seams to play! Feels like the right thing to do! :)

Chronata

Satori said:
I'm breaking out my Faeries Oracle and offering readings!!! Been a while and they are just bursting at the seams to play! Feels like the right thing to do! :)

I keep wanting to take out the faeries...but everytime I touch the bag I get a definite "leave us alone...go find another deck to bother"

I am pretty sure they are hibernating, and staying out of the cold.
I don't blame them.