Mystic Dreamer Tarot--Ace of Wands

afrosaxon

The Ace of Wands has a reddish/pink tinge to the card. A woman dressed in a short black dress sits beside a pool covered in mist, and she is dribbling water from the pool from her hand. A spray of purple flowers grow at her feet. A tall wand stands in the middle of a large stone that has been split apart (like someone drove the wand into the stone to split it). A raven sits on the left half of the split stone and seems to be staring down into the split. A light/crystal ball glows at the top of the wand and green leaves grow up and down the wand. In the distance, on a hill, is a white castle/kingdom. Eight birds are flying in the distance.

Again...what's up with the flowers?

The split stone...releasing the energy that is pent up in the stone?

The kingdom in the distance...what is that for?

The large raven sitting on the stone...I keep hearing Poe's "quoth the raven..." :D

What is the significance of the pool?

Thoughts?

T.

meril13

maybe the girls a run-a-way from the castle lol. the Dreamers journal says that the castle means "great things to come". but its so tiny and insignificant to me!! >_< the book also indicates that this is a creative card type...

im just not getting anything from this card :(

meril13

oh and i think the pool stands for possibilities or the future. its all misty and the raven seems quite interested in it

EarthFaery

I have no idea what that pool is all about, it looks very cloudy but to me it looks like she managed to scoop something up from in there and now she might be on to something but she doesn't quite have a grip, it's hovering above her hand...I suppose she has to figure out what to do with it and she looks at it like there could be something very promising about it. I think the crow shows a sort of death of an old way or pattern, the way he's sitting on the one half of the boulder, he seems to be very interested in what she's up to. That side of the boulder, in the middle looks transparant to me, and the patch of grass on the bottom looks like it's inside of it, and what is in the corner right under it? It looks like an outline of a strange looking animal...I can't quite make it out at first I thought it was a cat but not quite. There's no mention of it in the book.
The wand itself has burst through at such force and split it in half, the other side, the side she's sitting in front of is something new in the works. The flowers are blooming, I see it as growth potential.
The castle is cool, the one rooftop is leaning like it's about to fall right off, wonder what's up with that. I am with you meril13, It looks to me like she's leaving the castle to go off on a new venture, like she's hiding from it.
There are lots of little orbs in the sky, no clue as to what they could mean...maybe it's a haunted castle :D

Alan Ross

My take on this is that the castle represents her goal, the place she wants to get to: "The castle in the background promises great things to come." But there is this huge boulder, representing her obstacles, in her way. So she uses her staff (will and determination) to split the boulder, overcoming the obstacles to her goal: "A glowing wand... has split a rock, indicating that a new path has opened." Or perhaps the split boulder simply represents a new opportunity that has materialized, a door that was previously shut that is now open. Regardless, the companion book seems to indicate that she wants to go past the boulder and "...take the first steps toward your [her] castle - whatever form that castle takes."

I believe that the raven is her guide, leading her along the path she must travel to reach her goal. However, I'm mystified as to what she is doing. There is something hovering over her hand. I can't tell what it is, but she is gazing intently at it. Does it represent her connection to the staff? Is it something she dredged out of the pool of her unconscious mind? I'm just not sure what's going on here.

Alan

Azurylipfe

Ace of wands
The castle in the background represents the promise of what may come, the castle isn't straight ( meaning towers that looks that they will fall down) and that signify that even when the end looks good you still have to make sure to not get to happy with the result to soon.

The leaves falling down signify material an spiritual progress and balance0
The split stone where the wand is in, sygnify the idea is planted in the earth, A sudden manifistation , creation planted in solid ground. a future that isn't born yet. ( blame king arthurs legend for that one, where the sword was put in the rock till the right king pull it out of the rock )

The purple flowers, Most flowers itself aren't doing much in the deck, in this case their meaning of thecolor does, here the flowers are purple,, purple stands for success, accomplishemment of your goals.

The clouds on the foreground signify the birth of something out of nowhere, when the dust fades away you see what you have planted... when the dust fades ---> the future
The fire orbs rising from the muddy water in her hand where,she is looking at are a little representation of fire and signify the energetic growth, strengt en developments. Which tell you that de mistakes will lead to other options, that will help you

The pool is unclear, muddy , she grabs some of that water, wich tell you that you will make mistakes, and that you will regret those mistakes. and that the task can be harder then you tought it would be..

And the raven said ' nevermore' :p
The raven here,is just a warning that you need to examen things deep before jumping into things, that why he is looking in the split stone. He is showing you, to pay attention. don't trust thing clueless.