Gaian Tarot Study Group -- any takers?

MoonGypsy

Liza said:
You all seem to have your Gaian decks. Can I ask, did you buy the limited edition (i.e. the one on the payment system)? I would just love a set of this deck but will wait until they are released again in September.
Hi Liza!
i thought i should tell you that the Llewellyn Mass market edition of the Gaian is not due out until Sept. 2011, not 2010. Did you realize that, hon? So, it won't be for a year and a half yet...:love:But you can still get the Gaian LE edition through Joanna's website on the payment plan, if need be.

Hugs,
MGxxx

LizA

Nearly swore when I read your message (I misread it for 2010)...... Guess I might invest in the limited edition, I'll have to check out the exchange rate.

Altena

LizA said:
You all seem to have your Gaian decks. Can I ask, did you buy the limited edition (i.e. the one on the payment system)? I would just love a set of this deck but will wait until they are released again in September.

I will be watching this thread very closely though to see you readings.

Since I was unusually late in finding out about this deck(only first heard about it in January- imagine that!) I placed my pre-order for the limited edition in February. With the release only a month away at that point I just couldn't opt for the payment plan.....I'd never be able to wait an additional four months to get my hands on this beauty :D I'm also planning on getting a second copy of the limited edition, but that one will go on the payment plan.

Of course I'm also getting the mass-market edition once it's released(it's the collector's gene :D). It will be interesting to see what the images look like resized, what the cardstock will be like etc.

MoonGypsy

Altena said:
Of course I'm also getting the mass-market edition once it's released(it's the collector's gene :D). It will be interesting to see what the images look like resized, what the cardstock will be like etc.
One thing is certain: the card size in the Mass Market Llewellyn will be smaller than either of the LE card size options. Joanna has mentioned that on her website.

Hugs,
MGxxx

Altena

Yes, I read that too. I would have thought so even if it wasn't confirmed though. Just look at the Legacy of the Divine. The special edition is huge and the cardstock is very thick as opposed to the much smaller mass-market deck.

Limited/special editions are unique that way and in my honest opinion that's just the way it should be. People should get what they pay for and a deck costing over $200 will naturally excel a $20 deck. Even though the price for the Gaian is stiff, just think about how much you get back for it.

I can't imagine that the mass-market deck can hold a candle to the quality of the limited edition. How can any other size do justice to the gorgeous artwork? The quality of the cardstock is superb and the smooth surface feels as soft as velvet. I know there are some that have complained that the cards are too thin, but personally I disagree.

The deck and book alone would defend the high price, but in addition you also receive a gorgeous bag hand-made in a sturdy material, a stunningly crafted amulet and(for those living in the US) a small bag of hand-picked herbs.

I'm definitely getting a backup of the limited edition, the large size this time. Not many decks would defend a price of $247 + shipping, but there's no doubt that this is one of them :D

ncefafn

I just got this deck and would love to participate in a study group.

LizA

I just got my deck too - it's fantastic! How are we going to do the study - will it be one card at a time in order or what???? So many questions; can you tell I'm ready to start.

faunabay

I'm going to be buying my copy in the next day or so! Yay!! My tarot sale really came through for me and I raised enough money to buy one! (doing happy dance)

Now though, my question is which size to buy. I've been talking to other friends....some of which have gotten the large and some the smaller. What do you all think? Which sizes do you have and are you happy with them or wish you had gotten the other?

ncefafn

I have the smaller and I'm quite happy with it. It's still so big that I have to (riffle) shuffle it sideways, but I have small hands. The degree of detail, IMO, is very good.

LizA

I'm so glad I got the LE - the book is a lifesaver. I studied one card last night and then referred to the book - there was so much I didn't pick up from looking at the card.

One question though, can someone please tell me what a broken or distorted reflection in the water symbolises?