RWS Tarot 101 Six of Wands

PAMUYA

New to tarot, what do you see when you look into the Six of Wands?

I see a man triumphantly riding a white horse, looking like someone returning from a victory. A wand held high in his hand with a wreath on it. Others in the picture are holding Wands but their Wands have no wreaths. He also has a wreath on his head. Wreaths standing for victory, HE is the victor, HE is in the spot light, and HE is being acknowledged. He wears red, having pride and high self esteem. The horse pops out at me; it is looking back at the victor. The pose of the horse is like that of a carousel horse. The horse is white-purity, its blanket is green-nature-growth-health, Horse-strength, action, vitality. The people around him are celebrating HIM, he is receiving much acclaim. The red ribbon on the wreath on the wand he is holding catches my attention…whenever being placed on a pedestal, beware of how high you climb, it’s a long fall when the pedestal is taken away.

Direct: Leadership, being in the spotlight/public eye, achieving goals, center of attention, promotion, advancement, easy to obtain goals.

Reversed: Lack of direction, leaderless, do not know what to do, superficial benefit, creative energy blocked, think rather than act.

northsea

The wreath indicates some reward, acclaim or promotion. It's the trophy card...trophy wife, etc. :>

rcb30872

I agree with northsea.

Yes, what you said, Sassyjackal, applies also, but that can be turned to extremes you know? I mean it could be one of those know-it-alls a show off, wants to be the centre of attention, and may do just about anything to be in the spotlight. He doesn't like it when someone steals his thunder, he doesn't liked to be looked down upon, he wants everyone to admire him, and to worship the ground he works on. Egomaniac, maybe a bit of a pompous windbag ;) (I love saying pompous windbag :p). The saying about getting on your high horse can also apply, as well. He might be the sort of person who has to be right, all the time, no matter what, even though he is wrong, he might not like to be told that he is wrong.

I don't know, just thinking out loud ;)