Vintage Wisdom Oracle

Madrigal

I just received this deck and like Amanda it's not my usual 'style' but I have to say, upon initial impression, this deck has a lovely earth-water feeling to it if that makes sense. The use of sepia, the repetition of flowers, animals, birds and gardens combined with the soft, lyrical images of lovely, contemplative women creates this effect. The cards are big, much bigger than I anticipated and the back of the card is equally tasteful. There are no men depicted on these cards save for one little boy in the card for 'Innocence'. That creates, for me, a feeling of tuning in with my sisters, a kind of gathering for tea and dream sharing, a stroll together in nature arm in arm, a good cry in the presence of a supportive friend, shared secrets, laughter and spontaneous dances.

I've only read a few of the cards' descriptions and I sense that they'll be good pathways into deeper, more individual resonances. One of the uses I forsee for this deck could be in conjunction with a Tarot spread by choosing a single card as a final clarifying message from the Divine Feminine on the reading.

The spreads offered at the back of the LWB are creative but the one that caught my eye was the Chatelaine spread which is probably the spread I'll use first with this deck. I have yet to do an interview with this deck so I''ll pop back later with further impressions once I've done that and spent some time with it. All in all I'm looking forward to beginning a relationship with this Oracle.

Le Fanu

I have this deck on the way.

I wonder if I'm going to like it? It just kept calling to me. I know my main reservation - that it is entirely feminine. But I do love the sort of siren, femme fatal, 1900s postcard imagery.

Anybody still using it? I'm weirdly excited about getting it in my hands!

Nina*

I have this deck on the way.

I wonder if I'm going to like it? It just kept calling to me. I know my main reservation - that it is entirely feminine. But I do love the sort of siren, femme fatal, 1900s postcard imagery.

Anybody still using it? I'm weirdly excited about getting it in my hands!

Well, I use it almost every day. It's just so beautiful and the images go so well with the keywords. I never (more) use other oracles than this and the Alchemist's.

MoonGypsy

Well, I use it almost every day. It's just so beautiful and the images go so well with the keywords. I never (more) use other oracles than this and the Alchemist's.

i have been bouncing back and forth...too...
in the cart...out...in...:p currently out again...

i do love the images, the key words not so much...

ETA: and i have seven's wonderful Waterhouse Oracle...

Do i really need the Vintage Wisdom, also???

BTW, i may have missed it, but what is the cardstock like?

Nina*

i have been bouncing back and forth...too...
in the cart...out...in...:p currently out again...

i do love the images, the key words not so much...

ETA: and i have seven's wonderful Waterhouse Oracle...

Do i really need the Vintage Wisdom, also???

BTW, i may have missed it, but what is the cardstock like?

I'm sorry to say it (NOT :p ); the cardstock is REALLY good! Sturdy and not sticky.

And I have the Waterhouse too. STUNNING but I've never read with it. Yet.

Le Fanu

Seems people like it. I'm looking forward to using it. Another reservation is having very familiar images to read with. Sometimes I can't do it. I know those Waterhouse images so well. And Lord Leighton etc and isn't the Eiffel Tower in there somewhere? We shall see. But I do like the look of what I have seen. And they sound BIG, which I like. But sort of wistful and romantic and old-postcardy.

Miss Divine

I like Nina use this deck about every day. The images are so beautiful, the cardstock is perfect, and the keywords are helpful jumping off points. I have to say that this is probably my most favorite oracle deck.

Amanda

Seems people like it. I'm looking forward to using it. Another reservation is having very familiar images to read with. Sometimes I can't do it. I know those Waterhouse images so well. And Lord Leighton etc and isn't the Eiffel Tower in there somewhere? We shall see. But I do like the look of what I have seen. And they sound BIG, which I like. But sort of wistful and romantic and old-postcardy.

It's been a while since I had the DruidCraft tarot deck, but I would say they are right around that same size.

Unfortunately, I haven't been using mine a whole lot with having so many papers to write for class! :( Maybe I will do that today while I've got some spare time... they really are a lovely deck of cards. :thumbsup:

ETA: The Eiffel Tower is on the Adventure card.

Madrigal

I find I go through rhythms with this deck. LeFanu, I'm curious to know how you get along with it. It's definitely a feminine deck, and feminine in a very specific way. I like to pull a card before bed. It has that quality about it. But I've also done some two-card draws that have surprised me with their depth. I have a few favorite cards. The card for Power is fab and the card for Intuition, both of which I've attached below. There is, in fact, one other card that has a male on it, the one for Harmony in which we see Orpheus strumming his lyre beneath a night sky. From the LWB...

"The card depicts a solitary Orpheus musician to the Gods, playing his lyre in a secluded temple. The seven strings of the instrument correspond to various planets and the sides represent the relationship between Heaven and Earth....Swallows dart and dive overhead against a canvas of indigo night sky.

By drawing this card you are asked to release any possible feelings of conflict, judgement or isolation by attuning yourself to the encompassing frequencies of harmony...The art of listening whether to the needs of others, the voice of nature or the silence of your own Soul, is essential to discovering your own unique part in the great symphony of life."

delizt

I received these recently and last night had the chance to open them and give them a proper viewing.

They are quite beautiful, very feminine in feel, not super glossy but a bit too large for me to shuffle easily, so I chopped off the borders and edged them in sepia (permanent marker)

I look forward to working with these, they fit perfectly in a tarot bag now! (pic attached)