Finally stepping into the world of oracle cards

daenys

If you like nature, you may like Nature's Whispers Oracle cards, Earth Magic Oracle cards, Earth Power Oracle, etc. If you like animals, Animal Whispers Empowerment Cards are excellent.

I happen to adore both, thank you!

The Earth Magic Oracle draws my interest the most, but after 3 minutes of research, I discovered "Dr." Steven Farmer is hilariously dishonest about his education. His Ph.D, he says, is from Madison University, which happens to be an unaccredited degree mill.

In other words, he didn't earn his PhD, he bought it.

The Happy Squirrel

I happen to adore both, thank you!

The Earth Magic Oracle draws my interest the most, but after 3 minutes of research, I discovered "Dr." Steven Farmer is hilariously dishonest about his education. His Ph.D, he says, is from Madison University, which happens to be an unaccredited degree mill.

In other words, he didn't earn his PhD, he bought it.

O dear!

The Happy Squirrel

The OOP Oracle of Dreamtime which is based on Australian Aboriginal tradition seems like a very deep deck. It is a really pity that it is out of print. Was it published in the UK or Australia? For some reason I saw a record of a UK based publishing house for it. The more recent Dreamtime Reading Card published by Rockpool is as charming but doesn't feel as deep to me.

If anyone has both and can compare them I would love to hear more about each and how they compare to each other!

EDIT: I think I shall start a new thread about asking for this comparison :)

The Happy Squirrel

So I ended up with 4 decks:

Wild Kuan Yin, Australian Wildflower, Oracle of The Dreamtime, Dreamtime Reading Cards. OK I am done :) I can't wait to work with them :)

The Happy Squirrel

I've got a fair number of Oracle decks but I rarely use them solo, the exception being the Tao Oracle. I pair them up with my various Tarot decks based on the art work and lens used. For example I paired up the above-mentioned Oracle of the Radiant Sun with the Cosmic Tarot as the artwork and color palette was quite similar. I pull an Oracle card and then a two-card Tarot draw to deepen and expand on the message of the Oracle card and generally spend a week or two with the pair. I really enjoy working with the decks this way and it ensures they get used regularly.

Madrigal I think you said somewhere that you need to pair your reading cards with tarot. I found the Australian Wildflower to be rather good paired with the Joie De Vivre.

And then just now, I was playing with the Minchiate Etruria just now and sort of playfully pair them up with the Wild Kuan Yin. Now although I still don't know how to use the Minchiate, I have a feeling there is something there!

The Dreamtime Reading Cards is awesome with the Bonefire!!!

Madrigal

Madrigal I think you said somewhere that you need to pair your reading cards with tarot. I found the Australian Wildflower to be rather good paired with the Joie De Vivre.

That sounds like an interesting combo.

And then just now, I was playing with the Minchiate Etruria just now and sort of playfully pair them up with the Wild Kuan Yin. Now although I still don't know how to use the Minchiate, I have a feeling there is something there!

Still haven't clicked 'submit' on the WKY yet. I go back and forth. I can't get past what seems like cultural confusion in this deck which is strange because in other decks that works fine for me.

The Dreamtime Reading Cards is awesome with the Bonefire!!!

That sounds like a perfect combo! Dreamtime Reading Cards look very cool. I'm just coming off a week with Devas of Creation Oracle combined with Tarot of the Spirit. The abstraction encouraged me to dig deep and made for an intense reading week.

The Happy Squirrel

Still haven't clicked 'submit' on the WKY yet. I go back and forth. I can't get past what seems like cultural confusion in this deck which is strange because in other decks that works fine for me

I have to agree there. My solution here is ignoring the book, and not associating the deck with Kuan Yin at all. Taking it as lovely pictures of whimsical-dreamlike-traditional Tibetan life (with what looks to me like some Chinese ones thrown in as well, might be from the painter's different series), accompanied by poetical phrases of varying quality and originality, but sufficient enough to tap into something inside of us to generate some level of self-inspiration.