Got my Sibilla Oracle today!

Kurenai

Hello everyone!!!!
I finally caved and bought myself a Sibilla oracle deck which came by post today! I am very excited and eager to get started on the exploration.

I read the threads about the meanings of individual cards on this forum which will give me lots of insights. I was actually disappointed with the booklet that came with the cards - it doesn't tell me anything!!! It was written in four languages though...

I had a question for the more experienced Sibilla readers out there --- what spreads do you use when reading this deck? Is it like the Lenormand where one can use the 3, 5, 7 or the box spread? Or do you have other ways of reading it?

And to practice, I was thinking of doing a daily reading with the deck as well. From my understanding, the Sibilla isn't like Lenormand in the sense that one doesn't string together individual cards and get a full sentence. So how would you recommend that I go about with Sibilla? Should I just pick one card only and that will be the theme for the day?

Thanks

Aunty Anthea

New to me

Hi, I am NO help to you at all, because I had never even heard of these cards before :)

I just wanted to say thank you, I have just been looking at the set on youtube and they are really unusual

I just have to get myself a deck :heart:

scorpiogirl

Hey there I am not much help.
I have this oracle however I can't seem to connect with it.
Bummer! It's such a nice deck and excited to finally own it.
Good luck to you though.

Aunty Anthea

Just bought it from Amazon so the 3 of us will have to get together and share our thoughts :)

scorpiogirl

Yay! Good idea.

Kurenai

Hi, I am NO help to you at all, because I had never even heard of these cards before :)

I just wanted to say thank you, I have just been looking at the set on youtube and they are really unusual

I just have to get myself a deck :heart:

Yeah, isn't this forum wonderful??? You learn or find out about something new every day.

Kurenai

Just bought it from Amazon so the 3 of us will have to get together and share our thoughts :)

Yup, I'm all for that idea too...

What confuses me is that there's the "sibilla oracle cards" and the "vera sibilla" -- and I am not sure how these two are different!

Padma

I have a Sibilla deck, and in general, the reading consists of either 5 cards only (for a daily spread) or else 20 cards for a deeper look at a specific question.
One would place them as follows:

****2****
*5**1**4*
****3****

Place the 5 cards as shown, face down; repeat this 3 more times, till you have five packets of 4 cards.

Position:

1 represents the Present peculiarities of what is currently surrounding queston
2 represents the Past most important elements of recent past
3 represents the Near Future what happens soon
4 represents the obstacles What stands in the way of your question
5 represents Advice (suggstion, warning, recommendation, strong instruction to do or not to do something)

Hope that helps! ;) have fun with your cards!

Padma

Yup, I'm all for that idea too...

What confuses me is that there's the "sibilla oracle cards" and the "vera sibilla" -- and I am not sure how these two are different!

Looks like the only real difference is art styles.

https://sibillareadings.wordpress.com/ **

** (Mods please note, that I am not affiliated with that blog!)

Kurenai

I have a Sibilla deck, and in general, the reading consists of either 5 cards only (for a daily spread) or else 20 cards for a deeper look at a specific question.
One would place them as follows:

****2****
*5**1**4*
****3****

Place the 5 cards as shown, face down; repeat this 3 more times, till you have five packets of 4 cards.

Position:

1 represents the Present peculiarities of what is currently surrounding queston
2 represents the Past most important elements of recent past
3 represents the Near Future what happens soon
4 represents the obstacles What stands in the way of your question
5 represents Advice (suggstion, warning, recommendation, strong instruction to do or not to do something)

Hope that helps! ;) have fun with your cards!

Wow thanks! You're a lifesaver! Do you read reverse with Sibilla? Some websites I looked at seem to, but I am not sure if I am inclined -- for tarot I've made up my mind long ago that I will only look at upright positions...