relationsship I-Ching / Sepher Yetzirah

Fulgour

cf

Gottfried WiIhelm Leibniz
1646-1716

Leibniz was an inveterate optimist. Not only did he hope to reunite the conflicting religious sects of his time into a single universal church, but he felt he might face a way of Christianising all of China by what he believed to be the image of creation in the binary arithmetic. Since God may be represented by unity, and nothing by zero, he imagined that God created everything from nothing just as in the binary arithmetic all numbers are expressed by means of unity and zero.

This idea so pleased Leibniz that he communicated it to the Jesuit Grimaldi, President of the Mathematical Board of China, with the hope that it might convert the reigning Chinese emperor (who was particularly attached to science), and thence all of China, to Christianity. As another instance of Leibniz' theological simulacrums, we have his remark that imaginary numbers are like the Holy Ghost of Christian scriptures ~ a sort of amphibian, midway between existence and non-existence.

Huck

Leibniz / Kant

Leibniz was a "last universalist" thinker ... in his time he still could be good in any topic. In his youth he worked about the binary system (in the 70ies of 17th century). Around 1697 he was a president of a German-Chinese society and had his exchange with China, where he discovered, that his "invented" binary system was in use already more than 2000 years before. Late in his life he became a philosoph and wrote a hard to understand work about something, which was rather I-Ching similar: The monad.

In other topics he was an ingenieur and interested in nutrition and many other current riddles.

Somehow he prepares Kant in the development of German philosophy. I've heard, that in England and America students of Philosophy still have to learn German. Is that correct?

If one analyses Kant in a specific way - well, he's very complicated and his language is a horror, even, when you can understand German, then the schematic structure of his systen is very I-Ching similar.

He has 12 "categories" and 12 "Urteile" (judgments), each category is connected to one specific "Urteil. The 12 categories and also the 12 Urteile are created by a matrix of Thesis, Anti-thesis and Synthesis on the one side and Quantity, Quality, Modality and Relation on the other side.

When you identify now in the I-Ching:

line of heaven = Thesis
line of man = Synthesis
line of earth = Antithesis

and 6-7-8-9 of the I-Ching

6 = Modality
7= Quantity
8 = Quality
9 = Relation

then - suddenly and mathematical not surprizing - Kant talks about the I-Ching.

6-7-8-9
6-7-8-9
6-7-8-9
6-7-8-9
6-7-8-9
6-7-8-9

Yang is about "Kant's time"
Yin is about "Kant's space"

and the triade "Kant's theoretische Vernunft or Ideen (= ideas)" parts the world in theological (= 3rd line heaven), cosmological (= 1st line earth) and psychological (= man) aspects.

The whole thing is then called "Möglichkeiten systematischen Zusammenhangs der Erkenntnis" - sic, but's it's I-Ching on Chinese.

But it's very complicated to read Kant in the original, even when born with this language.