Two jobs or collection of light?

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz and thanks for looking. I am now reading all your notes but while i do, two points:

1. this is a fresh new job, just passed the first interview

I thought that was the case but I wanted to be sure that this horary was a separate issue.

2, Moon's last aspect was to Mars, the job, a trine. She is translating light to Sun, me. Did you intentionally skip this and if yes, why? I looked carefully but could not see any other planet to have interfered between Moon-Mars and Moon-Sun.[/QUOTE]

Moon's last aspect was to the MC, but given the situation I think the trine, from which the Moon has fully separated, shoud be considered but I wanted some thinking time, especially because it was getting late, and I could not find anything else that was likely to be conclusive. So I'll turn my attention to that now.

In your post relating to this horary, you tried to use Lilly's rules for an opposition. I hadn't got them with me, so one thing I've done this morning is to look them up. Here is the full quote:

Sometimes it happens that a matter is brought to pass when the significators have applied by opposition but it hath been when there hath been mutual reception by house and out of friendly houses and the Moon separating from the the significator of the thing demanded and applying presently to the Lord of the Ascendant.

So we need to satisfy several conditions. Certainly the Moon is separating from the signficator of the thing demanded and applying to the Lord of the Ascendant.

That leaves two questions; is there a mutual reception and is the application from friendly houses.

We already know that there isn't a mutual reception. Moon is indeed received by the Sun, into Leo But the only reception the other way is by Face. This isn't mutual reception by house. it's about halfway there.

I'm a little unsure of the term 'friendly houses' In the previous sentences on the square aspect, Lilly uses the term proper and good houses. The latter is a property of the houses of the chart, not the domicile of planets and if Lilly means the same by friendly houses then certainly the first and seventh are good houses (numbers 1 and 3 in Lilly;s hierarchy and they are proper houses (not cadent or out of aspect to the Ascendant).

'Could Lilly mean anyting else here? Nearly all oppositions are between houses that signify opposite things, The First and Seventh signify Me and others . Lilly's coverage of seventh house matters includes enemies, theft, court cases, battles, war and other contentions; things which are hardly 'friendly' The only friendly pair of opposite houses would be the eleventh and the fifth - which have always been seen as particulary good placements. and don't seem to pitch opposites against each other.

Lilly's other possible meaning could be that the rulers are friends. In Lilly's list there is the remains of the diurnal and nocturnal sects. So Saturn sees the Sun as a friend and Jupiter and Mercury (not a clear sect member) Oddly the Sun doesn't see Saturn as a friend (Ptolemy's Summer/Winter dichotomy?) But Mars and Venus are friends, and Mercury and Jupiter, so the opposition of Aires/Libra; Taurus/Scorpio; Gemini/Sagittarius and Virgo/Pisces. might be seen as from friendly houses. Leo/Saturn would seem not to qualify. Friendship from Aquarius to Leo but not the other way around.

Personally, my feeling is that Lilly isn't being that obtuse. He means what he said for the square. but it's a feeling, not supported by clear evidence from Lilly, who uses different descriptors in square and opposition requirements.

So at the end of that, there's Reception but not Mutual Reception. Sun/Moon Receptions are all seen as strong (sadly but not the opposition, which halves the reception to the Moon)

So what have we at the end:

For a job offer:

Moon last aspect trine to the MC,
Sun in partile sextile aspect to MC
Moon to aspect Jupiter, ruler of ninth house of Higher Education
Moon to aspect North Node, whose antiscion is being applied to by MC
Moon to aspect ruler of Fortune and Spirit - there might be some luck coming your way but as the ruler is Saturn this might be limited.
Moon application to the Sun brings partial translation of light by opposition. missing the mutual reception requirement.

To me there's a lot going here, in favour of the job offer. There's no guarantee though and without that mutual reception you might still get an offer but find that once you've taken the job, you wish you hadn't. But given the circumstances, the job would have to be terrible to generate that feeling. But I still think the presence of the Lot of Necessity on the Ascendant, and Saturn ruling the Lot of Spirit will require some significant effort on your part.

Overall, I favour the job being offered. given the above connections. I hope I'm right but I'm not totally certain. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ronia

Thanks, Minderwiz. Yes, I did take Lilly as meaning good houses because of his previous statement but I don't rely on Lilly only. Bonatti allowed opposition to perfect with reception but I did consider the domicile to face reception although it is not entirely by the book, I know. I did consider it because of the additional supporting evidences, so to speak, I tried to look at the bigger picture. Would mutual reception by domicile/exaltation be better? No doubt about it but I questioned the perfection in this chart due to the clues surrounding the main aspects. As you mentioned, there is a lot going on in a roundabout way, so to speak. There were aspects (yes to the MC was last but I was looking for aspects to significators) and there is one applying to L1. There is L1 to MC, then there is this Mercury/Pars Fortunae sextile Venus one and almost on the Dsc. By the way, I know Lilly meant the 7th as you described it but it's also the house of contracts although to me an offer is more 3rd house but again, either Mercury or Venus is L3 and it'd lead us back to the conjunction with Pars Fortunae.

My main doubt was will the Moon deliver and I also found it interesting that she is in the 1st house. I found it difficult to translate this into real life because she is my co-significator. If I take her as simply signifying events, then what does it mean? That the ball is in my field? :D

We'll know the answer of this one soon as they will be deciding next week. I have three more interviews next week, as well. In the meantime, I received another part-time offer which I need to investigate more carefully on Monday to make sure they provide proper contracts and payment, it is no doubt the dead-end job you saw before. It cannot be a permanent thing but only a temporary supplement and only if they operate properly and pay regularly.

Minderwiz

As I said, there a several positive indicators, which give the chart an optimistic flavour. The Full Moon is not the best way of bringing a matter to perfection but here it is the only significator aspect that stands any chance. The only thing lacking is Reception of the Sun by the Moon by a strong dignity - Rulership or Exaltation, which would create the Mutual Reception . However, given the other positive indicators, I tend to think something might well work out and you get an offer.

With the overall tenor of the chart being positive, I don't want to write off the offer because of the lack of Reception of the Sun by the Moon

Ronia

No, I don't want to write it off either but they were supposed to decide by today. It's 3 pm and I have nothing. We'll see till the end of the working day but if there is nothing tomorrow, it will be a "no".

Then remains one of the two from the previous chart, in a non-profit fundraising which is lower paying but it's literally 10 minutes walk from home and with good perspective. My second, and final, interview is on Thursday. The horary was not very promising though.

Ronia

Nothing as of today, so the answer was "no" for this last horary and the job I very much wanted with the students' union.

Minderwiz

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope one of the other applications proves to to be successful. Do they give any feedback at all on why you didn't get the job (assuming that your conclusion is correct and you don't get notified tomorrow or even Monday) If so I'm hoping that the feedback is that you came pretty close to getting it, because there were so may indications that it might work but not the Mutual Reception that was missing.

Ronia

They don't really give feedback. they are all quite grumpy, to be honest, one hardly dares to approach them with a request for feedback.

The thing is I have three applications where I'm currently at top two candidates and it looks like they all will fail me. One is the job I once rejected and is still hours away but today when I went to submit my last documents for review, they didn't seem to still think they should offer me the job. OK, they are bitter, I get it. The second one which was part of the first horary in this thread, in a non-profit, I had my last interview yesterday and the president who is a woman seemed to not like me very much. The third application is with another university in the city, it's only one year term position (I thought it corresponded to last degree Mars you discussed in my first job thread) and I was specifically recommended for this job by the HR himself who had interviewed me for another position - they asked for my references after two rounds of interviews and dead silence since then. I know I was competing against an internal candidate but except if my references told them I'm a thief or never did anything, they should have come back with something.

All looks very gloomy. I'm still having the second part-time on the table, the dead end job you saw, and in the absence of else, I'll have to take two part-times and somehow manage to be a single parent as well. But it's even lower paid and it cannot be a long-term solution.