Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Nisaba's Timing Method

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Citizen

nisaba 
Citizen

<smile> Maybe to your subconscious any three would have represented the three days? Perhaps you hadn't spent enough time internalising the system to your inner self yet.

And I love the Magician. Eight Wands is how too many professional drivers drive: too quickly. Were there eight stems in the bunch?
Top   #131
Citizen

Girl Archer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba View Post
<smile> Maybe to your subconscious any three would have represented the three days? Perhaps you hadn't spent enough time internalising the system to your inner self yet.

And I love the Magician. Eight Wands is how too many professional drivers drive: too quickly. Were there eight stems in the bunch?
I don't remember how many stems were there, but it was a Whoa! kind of moment which I will never forget, because it was so literal. Has it ever happened to you nisaba that you saw the ace of Cups and said one week by mistake to a sitter and then that came true, and not a month? For the most part though, this method works really well However, for some weird reason timing readings work ONLY with my Halloween tarot. Do you have any idea why that could be?
Top   #132
Citizen

nisaba 
Citizen

<grin> Perhaps it's your own personal timing deck.
Top   #133
Citizen

Girl Archer 
Citizen

Quote:
<grin> Perhaps it's your own personal timing deck.
Do you have one such timing deck too, or you can do timing reads with any deck?
Top   #134
Citizen

nisaba 
Citizen

I used to use the Bologna, but it got kinda worn out because I didn't have a box for it and kept it in a loose bag within my work bag, so it got knocked around. Next time I go on a buying spree I'll get in some kind of a Marseille that doesn't really interest me to user for timings. At the moment, I confess I'm just using whatever's to hand, which I really don't recommend.
Top   #135
Resident

Nico Luna 
Resident

I have to try this!
Top   #136
Citizen

queenxofxwands 
Citizen

Nisaba, I just decided to ask a question of timing to my deck, using your method, and um, this is what happened. For when, I got 8 of swords, so I thought 8 weeks ok, but then I asked for more info, because I didn't believe it, and got 5 of wands, 10 of cups. That translates to the 5th day of the 10th month. Which is 1 day short of 8 weeks away.
Top   #137
Citizen

Pique Dame 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenxofxwands View Post
Nisaba, I just decided to ask a question of timing to my deck, using your method, and um, this is what happened. For when, I got 8 of swords, so I thought 8 weeks ok, but then I asked for more info, because I didn't believe it, and got 5 of wands, 10 of cups. That translates to the 5th day of the 10th month. Which is 1 day short of 8 weeks away.
This is very interesting! Lately, my deck hasn't been very good at adhering to the timing method of wands = days, swords = weeks, etc. It either speaks to me in astrological associations or gives me a mini-reading. I asked about the timing of an event and 4 of Wands. 4 days seemed too soon and the timing (April 11-20) had already passed. So I drew 2 clarifiers: Queen of Swords (Sept 12-Oct 12) and Justice (Sept 23 - Oct 22). So I'd say it's reasonable to expect the event to happen late-Sept through early Oct. There's also a house party coming up right near that time (4 of Wands).
I also asked recently when I would next see the guy I just had a date with and got 10 of Pentacles. 10 years is waaaay too long and the associated dates (Sept 12-22) seemed too far away. Well, I saw him last weekend...2 days after I got a huge bonus at work! I agree with people who say you need a separate deck to use exclusively for timing. Decks that you use to read will too often attempt to give you a reading rather than straight up dates.
Top   #138
Citizen

Girl Archer 
Citizen

Quote:
I used to use the Bologna, but it got kinda worn out because I didn't have a box for it and kept it in a loose bag within my work bag, so it got knocked around. Next time I go on a buying spree I'll get in some kind of a Marseille that doesn't really interest me to user for timings. At the moment, I confess I'm just using whatever's to hand, which I really don't recommend.
That's why I am my ratty tatty Halloween deck, because I am scared that if I replace the old one with a new and what if the new one and I don't bond just as well? Then I'd lose my timing deck altogether :-/
Top   #139
Resident

Juriana 
Resident
Question

Hi, Nisaba, when I cut the deck is it the first card from the left over deck I need to pick up & turn over and look at or the card from the pile I parted? I'm so confused
Top   #140

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.