Loss of psychic abilities.

KnightOfTheCosmos

I agree that stress can really keep us from receiving the impressions or spirit connection we are used to feeling. Fear doesn't always do it-some people are terrified by anything "supernatural" and they still experience it. When I was about 18 I tried to block it all because I had a friend younger than I was who killed himself and I saw and felt his spirit all around me for months. I had no guidance and I was afraid I was somehow keeping his spirit around by interacting with him and so I just shut down as best as I could and hoped that he would go wherever it was he was supposed to go. Shutting down didn't completely keep me from sensing spirits, but I couldn't see them anymore. My intuition still kicked in when I needed it over the years but it wasn't like it was before I tried to block it.

It took years to get my vision back once I decided I wanted it, but it can be done. Though I've gotten back to the abilities I had and gained a few more- whenever I'm stressed it really affects things.

There is a book by Sonia Choquette called "Trust your Vibes". Maybe you would like it. I liked it.

Meditation really is the key. Everyone told me that and it was so hard for me at first. The more grounded or centered I am, the more info I can receive. Maybe it will be the same for you. Life gets hectic, just stay open and ride the wave. Good luck.

Hello! I am sorry about your friend. =( I can totally understand how that experience could cause you to want to shut down. I'm beginning to think stress and fear might be the cause of it. I say I'm not afraid but maybe deep down I'm really afraid of what I could experience and that subconscious fear is also contributing to my loss of abilities, along with other stressors. Thanks so much for the book recommendation! I'm always looking for new books to read about these topics! =)

MissNine

Hi there...
I can offer information on my own personal experience, which I hope will help.

I notice that when I'm out of balance (stressed, tired, exhausted, sick) that my abilities aren't as strong. It's also when even non psychics feel their gut is off because they are too pooped to listen.

I personally feel that when my energy is drained by an external issue, my heart isn't aligned with my soul, as I like to say. Others might say the chakras aren't balanced.

My 20s were a turbulent decade. I discovered who I was and what im all about. You mentioned the last few years have been pretty rough. I hope you are finding some calmer waters now. It could be that your abilities are on a sabbatical right now, but will return. As you probably know, the psychic gifts are a benefit and a burden, so it might make it easier not to have spirits demanding your attention in addition to the stress you've been facing. . You know what I mean?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hi there...
I can offer information on my own personal experience, which I hope will help.

I notice that when I'm out of balance (stressed, tired, exhausted, sick) that my abilities aren't as strong. It's also when even non psychics feel their gut is off because they are too pooped to listen.

I personally feel that when my energy is drained by an external issue, my heart isn't aligned with my soul, as I like to say. Others might say the chakras aren't balanced.

My 20s were a turbulent decade. I discovered who I was and what im all about. You mentioned the last few years have been pretty rough. I hope you are finding some calmer waters now. It could be that your abilities are on a sabbatical right now, but will return. As you probably know, the psychic gifts are a benefit and a burden, so it might make it easier not to have spirits demanding your attention in addition to the stress you've been facing. . You know what I mean?

Hello! =) I agree, I'm really beginning to think it's because I'm so stressed out by external issues. It's sort of like drawing for me. When I'm stressed, I can never draw well. But when I'm calm everything just flows.

Yes, the past couple of years have been very rough and I was just diagnosed with chronic depression this year so that's one of the reasons I'm worried my abilities won't come back. I'm not sure how aligned I can be with depression, if that makes sense. Hopefully as life gets easier they will come back. But yes, being in your 20s can be really stressful and tedious. I thought it would have been more fun. I want a do-over, haha. Thank you so much for your insight! =D

Disa

Hello! I am sorry about your friend. =( I can totally understand how that experience could cause you to want to shut down. I'm beginning to think stress and fear might be the cause of it. I say I'm not afraid but maybe deep down I'm really afraid of what I could experience and that subconscious fear is also contributing to my loss of abilities, along with other stressors. Thanks so much for the book recommendation! I'm always looking for new books to read about these topics! =)

Thanks...Yep, the fear of not knowing why we receive the info and what we are supposed to do with it can be a limiting factor, I think. Sometimes it's a little overwhelming to feel or see things, and then not know what to do with the info, or how much more info is coming. A fear of our own ability, maybe? I think that's what happened to me when I was a teen. Anyway....you're on the right track, I think :)

DownUnderNZer

Wish I was able to Meditate, but it is something easier said than done for me. I become too distracted or my mind stays busy or lists the "have to dos" or "what's going on currently".

However, makes me wonder what it would do in the way of "development" or being "more Psychic" etc if it wasn't so hard to keep still.

Mind you, seem to be fine reading cards or tuning into nics or objects, but with some limitations I reckon. Only get a fraction of the story not absolutely everything.

Again...wish I could meditate. :)

Disa

Wish I was able to Meditate, but it is something easier said than done for me. I become too distracted or my mind stays busy or lists the "have to dos" or "what's going on currently".

However, makes me wonder what it would do in the way of "development" or being "more Psychic" etc if it wasn't so hard to keep still.

Mind you, seem to be fine reading cards or tuning into nics or objects, but with some limitations I reckon. Only get a fraction of the story not absolutely everything.

Again...wish I could meditate. :)

I had an extremely difficult time meditating in the beginning. I found 2 things that helped me, maybe they will help you:

1. Guided meditation CD's (or even on youtube). I use headphones and turn them up really loud, close my eyes, and sit or lie down in a comfortable place.

2. If you don't like guided meditations or would rather do it on your own... Sit or lie down in a comfortable place. Close your eyes. Think of one specific word to use (mine is the word "peace"). Whenever your mind starts to wander or you have distractions, just repeat your chosen word until the chatter stops.

Good luck :)

Juniper Forest

Have you been drinking floridated water? I believe that may have affected me.
Not sure how to undo it --but certainly one can refrain from consuming it it one chooses.

I have also heard that having tonsils/adenoids out has that effect - if so, some people have grown them back... without effort or by using intention.

Juniper

queenxofxwands

Hello! =) I agree, I'm really beginning to think it's because I'm so stressed out by external issues. It's sort of like drawing for me. When I'm stressed, I can never draw well. But when I'm calm everything just flows.

Well, you just answered your own question, but it's not sort of like drawing, it IS drawing, that's how it works. You draw from the source to get the information. You haven't lost anything, it's simply time to take care of practical matters in your world, and this needs your full attention right now. There is no loss, just a priority shift, perfectly natural and happens from time to time. It has to. We do live in the physical world after all.