3 am and scary freaking dreams...

EmpressArwen

I'd imagine anything one decides does, can, really. But yes - there is a tradition of using sound.
Using prayers to clear energy/banish entities - is using sound.

In my Zero Balancing circles - after we've gathered to do a workshop, we do a closing ritual where we hold hands and chant 3 Ohms out loud (usually something like, 1 to integrate all the wonderful new things we've learnt, 2 to extend good will out to the rest of the ZB community and 3 to wish us a pleasant journey home - something like that).
Then - we clap very loudly with the intent of dispersing all the energy we've created in the room during the day - to restore it to a clean blank slate for whomever is going to use it next (or clearing it for the kind owners who've lent it to us for the day).

Years ago my first intent with buying a Tibetan sound bowl was because I had read somewhere, that it was the only instrument that dispersed "negative" vibes and at the same time, drew in fresh "positive" vibes whilst being played.

Check out the threads here on 'Singing Bowls' in the Crystals & Herbs section.

btw - I had an acquaintance who moved to a listed building in the country, and found that her downstairs bathroom was "haunted". Whatever they did - the bathroom always felt cold. One day they got the blue prints, and discovered that the bathroom was an extension - and that before that, there had been an open path to the church yard running through there. They figured it must be a stuck pattern of "people always moving through" - and decided they'd hold a prayer meeting in their house to clear it.
It worked. :)

I'm gping to check out Tibetan Bowls...I'm really interested in this sound/vibration with the spirit world connection. I also want to go to classes like this! I can't even imagine having all of these people around who practice this with you. How exciting would that be!!

The prayer meeting...were they just gathering to pray in general or specifically about the bathroom problem?

Thanks again!

EmpressArwen

Wow... This thread is THICK! So many good ideas and excellent advice. I just wanted to tell you that if you KNOW you are a medium, what you feel, IS. And the best you can do is get protection. Every person is different. If you are catholic (and I imagine you are since you called for saints), speak with someone at church who can prepare you a "catholic charm" (for lack of a better word) for you to wear at all times. It may be a cross, a saint's cameo. Holy water is also something quite powerful.

I have a small crucifix that I wear 24/7, that was a gift from my husband. I love it and have considered having it blessed...I think I need to get that done. I know several older woman in my church that have EVERYTHING blessed...they swear by it.

I also agree with the fear issue. The more afraid you are, the stronger they get. This is NOT to say they are figments of your imagination. They are REAL. Entities are there and from time to time, they come to "visit". It does seem that the lady who calls your name may be a guide protecting you. A guardian angel, if you like. So although you may feel vulnerable, you're not alone.

Yes, I agree. I feel nothing but love and safety from her. I've asked for her name but have never gotten an answer. I think it would be easier to connect with her if I knew a name or some information,

Just so you know , I was possessed once. Not in a dream but in real life. And I also heard a voice (mine was of a very angry man) shouting at me to get help. I fought for almost an hour to get rid of the 2 entities inside of me. I could not see anything nor feel my body: almost like being dead. And it was a lady (a catholic friend of mine) who sent them away. It just took her minutes to do something that others had been trying for an hour without success. She simply TOLD them to leave. And her faith was so strong, she was so assertive in her power that it looked like magic.

What a scary experience! Did you ever find out who the angry man shouting at you to get help was? A guide? Do you know who entered you? You don't have to share if you don't want to. I can only imagine how scary that was. You are right. My lack of confidence in my gifts and myself in general isn't helping. I would love to get to the point of your friend...be assertive, strong, sure in my steps...not so wishy washy and afraid.

My point is, if you develop your spiritual strength and faith and get the necessary protecting you should NOT be afraid. And if your kids and husband are also mediums, extend your protecting to them as well. I am not catholic (although I believe in God and Christ) so my rituals are a bit more "esoteric". A good one is to put drops of amonia at every door threshold. (I know, it looks weird but it works really well).
Be good, have faith and you'll be ok. And remember, some dreams are part of growing spiritually ;)

Thank you so much! great info!

starburst_au

Again, i've been reading the posts and loving everyone's suggestions / stories n' stuff. I'll have to start writing some of the 'protection' stuff down so I don't forget it lol.

I was thinking about how you feel about your own gifts.... and wondering if you could google local spiritual communities in your local area. I know that you have a strong christian faith so perhaps looking into spiritualist churches, might suit you best. As they have christian based ideas + spiritual stuff... I'm not suggesting you convert from catholic to 'spiritualist' lol - but you'd probably feel comfortable there... opposed to perhaps a drumming circle under the light of a full moon in a forest LOL :p

Obviously do some research before you jump into things. I live in Australia so i know there are spiritualist churches in most major towns / cities....
I'm not sure where you live, but you might find a spiritual community close by. I guess it all depends on how far you want to travel... They're out there lol.

I'm thinking if you had someone to chat with other than the AT forum, it would only help strengthen your belief in your own abilities. And it's always AWESOME to catch up in person with other peeps who are like minded...

So ah... get googling :p
Cheers,
SB

EmpressArwen

Again, i've been reading the posts and loving everyone's suggestions / stories n' stuff. I'll have to start writing some of the 'protection' stuff down so I don't forget it lol.

I was thinking about how you feel about your own gifts.... and wondering if you could google local spiritual communities in your local area. I know that you have a strong christian faith so perhaps looking into spiritualist churches, might suit you best. As they have christian based ideas + spiritual stuff... I'm not suggesting you convert from catholic to 'spiritualist' lol - but you'd probably feel comfortable there... opposed to perhaps a drumming circle under the light of a full moon in a forest LOL :p

Obviously do some research before you jump into things. I live in Australia so i know there are spiritualist churches in most major towns / cities....
I'm not sure where you live, but you might find a spiritual community close by. I guess it all depends on how far you want to travel... They're out there lol.

I'm thinking if you had someone to chat with other than the AT forum, it would only help strengthen your belief in your own abilities. And it's always AWESOME to catch up in person with other peeps who are like minded...

So ah... get googling :p
Cheers,
SB

Sadly, there are no spiritualists churches anywhere near me...not even close. I researched all of this during a mild obsession period I had about Lily Dale...which omg! I sooo want to go there. There are no Buddhist temples, nothing Hindu, no longer know any Wiccans, etc. I love where I live but it is a dead zone for spiritual exploration. There is one occult type shop in the city, but the owner and in house reader go to my church. lol Not really branching out there....and she is *ahem* not the most pleasant person to talk to.

It's a great idea but one that I can't explore, other than reading about, at this time. Thanks!

starburst_au

Sadly, there are no spiritualists churches anywhere near me...not even close. I researched all of this during a mild obsession period I had about Lily Dale...which omg! I sooo want to go there. There are no Buddhist temples, nothing Hindu, no longer know any Wiccans, etc. I love where I live but it is a dead zone for spiritual exploration. There is one occult type shop in the city, but the owner and in house reader go to my church. lol Not really branching out there....and she is *ahem* not the most pleasant person to talk to.

It's a great idea but one that I can't explore, other than reading about, at this time. Thanks!

Ah, that totally sucks!
Well... you're well connected with the AT forum....
maybe even manifest some spiritual peeps to just.... appear in your life.... like a little circle or something like that.... pretty sure someone will start a convo with you about it :D

Jdance

wow this is very interesting.

That time of night is odd for me as well.

3:33 almost every night--- I almost chuckle now... I wake to whispers, but they don't really form words or at least not in English.. just soft tickling whispers. Once I woke to balloons coming at me in full force and laughter, I only remember that they were pink and shaped like hearts....

my experience is much more subtle than yours and I understand your fears or at least concerns!

After I wake now I ask to be surrounded by a white bubble of protection. I lay calmly in my bed and take a few breaths... On the inhale I take in the information they are sending me and on my exhale, much like a yoga , outloud exhale, I release them .... This seems to work and comfort me...

When you have a gift like this... others seek you from all places!!! GOsh its 3:00am I Just want to sleep!!!

I will pray for you tonight I hope this slows to a more calm experience for you!!!!

best!
J.

EmpressArwen

wow this is very interesting.

That time of night is odd for me as well.

3:33 almost every night--- I almost chuckle now... I wake to whispers, but they don't really form words or at least not in English.. just soft tickling whispers. Once I woke to balloons coming at me in full force and laughter, I only remember that they were pink and shaped like hearts....

my experience is much more subtle than yours and I understand your fears or at least concerns!

After I wake now I ask to be surrounded by a white bubble of protection. I lay calmly in my bed and take a few breaths... On the inhale I take in the information they are sending me and on my exhale, much like a yoga , outloud exhale, I release them .... This seems to work and comfort me...

When you have a gift like this... others seek you from all places!!! GOsh its 3:00am I Just want to sleep!!!

I will pray for you tonight I hope this slows to a more calm experience for you!!!!

best!
J.

Aw! I would take the pink heart balloons as a sign of love! I could use some happy signs! Geesh! lol

I do the same kind of breathing to keep calm and pray during the scary stuff...it works enough so I'm not waking my husband screaming!

Thank you so much for your comments and prayers. I really appreciate it.

spinnachie

Ah, that totally sucks!
Well... you're well connected with the AT forum....
maybe even manifest some spiritual peeps to just.... appear in your life.... like a little circle or something like that.... pretty sure someone will start a convo with you about it :D

oohhh I never thought of that...im in the same boat as Empress, now I have to learn about manifestation ;)

EmpressArwen

Hi Empress Arwen,

It sounds to me like these spirits are not respecting you. I do think spirits find your soul-being attractive (I can see why :)), and they recognize your awareness... so they go to see you, the good and bad ones.

I am also a church-attending Christian, and these verses are helpful to me, to the effect that they are now my maxims. (Do remove whatever parts are irrelevant to you. This is definitely not to say you will go down in a red fire :)). So, not always to be taken literally or religiously, but they definitely can be. I use these precepts to recenter myself for whatever purpose, because respect is a necessary justice.

The Book of St. Mark: Chapter 9, (or St. Matthew 5.) I love it!... have them saved to my phone. I prefer St. Mark's because it's more provoking and considered an eyewitness account;

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

I agree that the spirits aren't respecting me. It's funny because when I read this I thought how I'm that way with everyone. I let people get to me too much. I don't set good boundaries and oftn get run over because of it...so its people (alive or not) that I allow to disrespect me. Interesting...maybe an epiphany.

I'm not sure what you mean by rearranging their entrance. Could you explain this a little more?

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I really appreciate it!