3 am and scary freaking dreams...

faerenheit

What I googled called the 3 am hour the "Devil's Hour". The polar opposite of the 3 pm hour said to be the time of Jesus' death...freaked me out! lol

I actually do have some holy water! I use it to bless the kiddos (and the dog lol) before bed occasionally. What you wrote made me think that maybe I should meditate when the guides (or angels or whoever is tinkling the bells) wake me up...maybe they would tell me something about what is going on. I'm so freaked out, staring wide eyed at the door,that it never occurred to me to ask, "hey, what's this about?" I'm such a chicken!

And..lol..I never thought about the sage smelling bad! I do like lavender...I will get some. Thanks again...as always. :)

I've had a bit of the same experience as you quite a few times, just not as intense as that. For some odd reason there are times that I wake up within the hour of 3 am even if I fell asleep 2-3 hours earlier from exhaustion. Every time I wake up around this hour, I feel some unwanted presence looking at me, sometimes to the point where I'm paralyzed and can't speak at all if wanted to, and for some reason I always have thoughts of the devil or demons when I do. This was even before I was told this was rumored to be "Devil's Hour", although I referred to them as monsters and evil spirits at first.

This has happened since I was young, and weird shit used to happen around this hour like I woke up once and ran to my brother because I was scared and felt something evil staring at me, and his eyes we're completely sealed closed by his mucus. That never happened to him before or anyone I know, and he wasn't sick. It took quite a while for my dad to clean him up and open his eyes, but I was weirded out.

As a child I thought I was just imagining things and it was an odd coincidence, but as I grew older and these freaky events consistently occurred around 3 am, I've started to believe otherwise. Same with the loud booming footsteps down the hallway. I'm not even one to be afraid of the dark, I love the dark actually and lay in the dark all day, but around this hour I feel a fear I cannot explain and I'm not even sure why I'm scared.

I know I'm an Empath, but I'm not sure what other abilities I have that attracts these energies.

I thought I was alone on this but it's interesting to know someone else experienced weird shit at 3 am.

God bless you and your lovely family, Empress! Every time I read your posts about them I smile and laugh because ya'll have such cute interactions, and I wish I had a lover who despite lecturing me about it, still accepted me after finding out I did Divination. Your husby is cool. :)

EmpressArwen

I've had a bit of the same experience as you quite a few times, just not as intense as that. For some odd reason there are times that I wake up within the hour of 3 am even if I fell asleep 2-3 hours earlier from exhaustion. Every time I wake up around this hour, I feel some unwanted presence looking at me, sometimes to the point where I'm paralyzed and can't speak at all if wanted to, and for some reason I always have thoughts of the devil or demons when I do. This was even before I was told this was rumored to be "Devil's Hour", although I referred to them as monsters and evil spirits at first.

I was the same way....I always referred to this sort of stuff as "negative energy", "confused spirits", etc but I know darkness, evilness when I feel it. I can't deny that what has happened to me isn't something more than just someone's grandma who can't find her way to the light. That is so scary about the paralyzed feeling. I've had that too. It is the worst feeling.

This has happened since I was young, and weird shit used to happen around this hour like I woke up once and ran to my brother because I was scared and felt something evil staring at me, and his eyes we're completely sealed closed by his mucus. That never happened to him before or anyone I know, and he wasn't sick. It took quite a while for my dad to clean him up and open his eyes, but I was weirded out.

Wow! How old were you? That would have been a really scary experience.

As a child I thought I was just imagining things and it was an odd coincidence, but as I grew older and these freaky events consistently occurred around 3 am, I've started to believe otherwise. Same with the loud booming footsteps down the hallway. I'm not even one to be afraid of the dark, I love the dark actually and lay in the dark all day, but around this hour I feel a fear I cannot explain and I'm not even sure why I'm scared.

I had a ton of scary experiences growing up. I lived in a very haunted house. It was a house build around the turn of the century and many, many, many people died there. I'm talking up into the hundreds. By the time, my family bought it, it had been converted into a family home, a huge one, but still a home. I could write a book about the occurrences there. Freaky stuff.

I know I'm an Empath, but I'm not sure what other abilities I have that attracts these energies.

Same here. I wonder if having the empathic nature is what brings in this stuff...for good and for bad?

I thought I was alone on this but it's interesting to know someone else experienced weird shit at 3 am.

God bless you and your lovely family, Empress! Every time I read your posts about them I smile and laugh because ya'll have such cute interactions, and I wish I had a lover who despite lecturing me about it, still accepted me after finding out I did Divination. Your husby is cool. :)

Aw! Thank you so much. I do have a wonderful family. My poor husband is quite long suffering with me. hahaha. It makes me realize how much he loves me when he can suspend everything HE believes in to believe in me and what I am telling him. Plus, I need someone to pull me back down to the earth every once in a while...he's definitely the guy for the job. LOL

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry that you understand all of this, I wish you wouldn't have to go through it...but it's nice to know I'm not alone in it. :)

EmpressArwen

Glad you could take something from it. I dislike cognitive dissonance, and this doctrine means to me, one has the volition to choose what is equilibrium for oneself. Here, there is no fight - acting instead as one's own guide. Much more peaceful...

If things don't feel too balanced...feeling chaotic, something is not right. Not you. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Contrariwise, if it does then you are where you want to be :grin:.

There is an element of sacrifice too (Prayer/fast/sacrifice), be it a hand, eye, third-eye? heart? Do what you need to. Like a surgeon who needs to reassemble the pieces. So what I meant by displacing the entrance of these nagging spirits, really depends on what's going on there. It depends on how they're getting in, or where. Inside yourself is the worst case scenario.

This is very interesting. I need to think on this some more. Especially the part of "It depends on how they're getting in, or where. Inside yourself is the worst case scenario". That really made me pause. I wonder because I often felt it is something ABOUT me, or within ME, that brings this in....hmmm. I do have to think on this.

I have this freaky story, occurring at 3:33 involving a dark voice, a long red dress, and a tall white candle, but I don't think it will help you, :neutral:. I think if you do encounter something you need to leave, you have to be tough. Open the window and direct to them firmly, but calm and with empathy (they are loveless and sad embodiments of fear), that this is not a place for them. And tell them in Christ's name they need to leave you, go.
Yes. I do this. It's the entire reason that despite everything else I believe, I will always believe in Jesus. Just saying his name, drives the dark ones away. I can't imagine anything more powerful than that.

I also believe in angel invocation although I was never taught about it, but I do think it's very powerful! For some reason I connect with Gabriel, although I know he's not the Archangel of protection. I only did it once and it was more effective than seeking help from my brother's church.

I connect very strongly with Michael and Raphael. Raphael is known as the healer and he has done some amazing things in that area but he also protects me. Actually, I often call on ALL the Archangels to protect me and my family. lol I picture this beautiful army of angels, lined up around me and my family. I always sleep peacefully on those nights. :)

Thanks again.

EmpressArwen

I also am empathic, but I don't like to communicate or see spirits. I had a medium tell me that I had the gift but something was blocking my third eye! I thought, "Thank GOD." :laugh:. She even saw I was Christian, and asked me about it, which I thought was incredible! I definitely think what you have is more a gift of mediumship. Something you're meant to have... Seems to be a choice of what you feel you are ready for. I wanted to mention my experience because that possession "stuff" happened to me, and I wasn't doing any sort of witchcraft that I knew of. Someone else was (openly) directing them at me and I did nothing to prevent it, probably welcomed it. OH...the dreams though. I do think those are warnings so just take caution there.

I think you are correct on the mediumship. I just don't know what I want to do with it...if anything. It scares me. I only want to do it if it's what I am truly meant to do and if it can make a difference for people and spirits. I've been told over and over that I am not ever to make any money off of this. I don't think that is the case for everyone, but definitely me. I wonder why that is but I am fine with it.

So interesting about the angels too. I used to think they only existed in uhm, Precious Moments or something, lol...So this is new to me...and I can tell you I am beyond thrilled and definitely want to learn more. I only looked for Gabriel at the time because he appeared in a dream to tell me something important. I couldn't see all of him, I don't think I was allowed to. I also had an unexpected, more positive visitation very recently that changed me, in a way.

Yes. I always have felt that I had a guardian. Actually, my family has photographic proof of one. lol To make a long story short, when I was 3 I pulled a huge vat of boiling oil (my family was making a large amount of fried chicken) onto the top of my head. My aunts, my mom, my grandma and my dad saw it happen but couldn't get to me in time. They all say they saw the oil come down right on my head but seperate and spray out away from me right before it touched me. There was a wall right behind where I was standing, and the oil made a perectly outline of my body on the wall but had small angel like wings too. My aunt took a picture of it. Someone was definitely watching out for me that day. I can't think of any other explanation for how I could pull a vat of boiling oil directly onto the top of my head and not get a single drop on me.

I also wished to go back and add to my post that I definitely don't want to discourage anyone from posting more stories for you, cos' I love reading them! Mine was just a dark carnival of plain scary and unhelpful
neutral.gif
. I don't even like talking about it!

Good luck to you and keep us updated :). x

I think the positive and negative stories help us all learn. Everyone has different experience and different ways of dealing with them...it's a GOOD thing to share it all.

Thanks again!

Halloween

Background...I've had more than my fair share of scary experiences. It's like I'm a magnet for the good AND evils of this world...it all just comes flooding in. I have no idea why. It's been this way my entire life...though in the last couple of years activity has increased (both positive and negative). I've worked very hard on shielding, protecting myself and my family...and for the most part it has worked BUT there is one time of night that weirdness persist...3 am. I googled it and let me tell you, I wish I hadn't. Freaky stuff.

Here is what has been happening...sometime, just before 3 am, I will be woken up by something. Often it's the ringing of bells. This feels positive,not scary. I've also heard "It's time to wake her" or my name being said by a beatiful female voice. I will be fully awake. Within minutes, I will hear footsteps in the hall, things bumping around, dark/scary, but nondesript male grumbling. This will last about an hour...I usully have to get up and turn the light on because I'm freaked out.

Last night, I was very tired and crashed out. I didn't wake up before 3. Instead I had a dream. In the dream, I woke up, alone in my youngest sons bedroom. I made it to the door, opened it and turned on the light, I was halfway into the hallway, then something entered me, like a possession. I was fighting it...a war within. It was the most evil feeling you could imagine. I started calling on St Michael and Jesus...and the battle was on. I was doubled over...screaming, twisting...soon I felt something leave me. Then my youngest son and husband came running down the hallway...my husand's face was contorted in pain. I realized he was possessed too. I screamed for St. Michael and Jesus again. Soon my husband was back to normal and I ran to my oldest sons room...he said, "I was just possessed!!" and I'm like "oh my god! We were all possessed at the same time." I looked at my youngest son and said, "are you ok?" he said he was fine that nothing had happened to him. I heard a woman say, "he's still too young to choose." I thought, "choose what?" Then woke up...it was 3:19.

My interpretation of this dream, if it was not demonic, would be that I'm worried aobout my families spiritual path, their spiritual well-being...I think all of us aren't on the right path but my youngest is still too young to really choose a good or bad path? I think this dream was either from my fears about the bump in the night activity, a warning from my guides, or influenced by something really evil. I just don't know. Any thoughts on all of this?

Thank you.

Scary stuff. Just came to add that I've been having lots of CRAZY 2am/3am wake up times over the past year or two. Like, I will literally just wake up like I was shot out of a cannon. I don't know what it means, but I wanted to post here so I could follow this thread and give it a little "bump" as well.

Starri Knytes

Scary stuff. Just came to add that I've been having lots of CRAZY 2am/3am wake up times over the past year or two. Like, I will literally just wake up like I was shot out of a cannon. I don't know what it means, but I wanted to post here so I could follow this thread and give it a little "bump" as well.
I used to do that too. Now I avoid it by staying up later lol usually until 2 or 3 am. I chalked up my interrupted sleep to going to bed to early, sleeping to much, and not getting enough exercise. A later bedtime works wonderfully with my body clock, and I sleep like a baby.

Still have to get up in the morning though, fortunately never before 8am. 5 or 6 hrs seems to work well for me at this particular age and time. And if I feel sleep deprived I can always sleep in on the weekend.

Halloween

I used to do that too. Now I avoid it by staying up later lol usually until 2 or 3 am. I chalked up my interrupted sleep to going to bed to early, sleeping to much, and not getting enough exercise. A later bedtime works wonderfully with my body clock, and I sleep like a baby.

Still have to get up in the morning though, fortunately never before 8am. 5 or 6 hrs seems to work well for me at this particular age and time. And if I feel sleep deprived I can always sleep in on the weekend.

Yeah, that's probably the reason why-- I either get too much or too little sleep. However, I have to add in, there were times that I would smell strange smells, too, which made me Google and I found out that it could be demonic activity. :eek: A few times I smelled rotten eggs, but then there were a few times that other rather "good" things happened that I perceived with my senses, so it wasn't all bad. But I'll never forget those times when I smelled that sulfur and looked at the clock and saw it was 3am on the dot. Or, the times where I'd have such disturbing dreams that I'd wake up sick to my stomach... literally nauseated from what I saw/experienced in them. Those dreams haven't happened in awhile now, thank goodness, but I can't help but think there was some sort of correlation between waking up at those times and having those other experiences.