Loss of psychic abilities.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hello! This is my first time posting in this part of the forum so I hope this is the right place.

I have been going through a rough time during these past couple of years. I realized I had psychic/divination abilities when I was around 18, but things have been happening to me way before then, since around the age of 11. I've heard voices speak to me. One particular instance was when I was meditating and a woman's voice just said, "Respect your soul" and I passed out. Then, a while after, an entity came in my room and visited me when I was sick and patted my forehead. When they were in the room, my lights were on-except I had turned off my lights to sleep. Those are just a few experiences I have had.

I noticed as I have gotten older (I'm in my 20s now) my abilities have deteriorated and I am not sure why. It could be because my mental state has deteriorated as well. I have started to meditate again and I am wondering if it's common for psychic abilities to go away for a bit and come back? Will they ever come back? Does anyone have any idea what might have happened and, besides meditation, what's a good way to develop them? I know trusting my intuition is a big thing but I have so much doubt in myself that I do not even know how to start trusting in my intuition...Maybe that's the problem?

I'm just very confused and a bit lost. If anyone could provide some insight for me, that would be amazing. I am sorry if this is confusing. Thank you!

Starri Knytes

The more consumed we become with the superficial or chasing things in the real world, the more out of touch we become with gifts.

It's totally possible to regain or rediscover those abilities. They never leave us. Once you learn to block out the stresses/noise/voices of the world you can begin to strengthen your connection again.

Tigerangel

Hi, from what you say, it sounds very similar to what happened to my sister and daughter, the difference is I think they choose to close themselves off from it, my sister just said no more I don't want to experience these things anymore, and I think since then she hasn't tried to reactivate her abilities, my daughter on the other hand could see and communicate with spirits until a few years ago, the last experience she had was off a little girl who followed her everywhere, this made her feel uncomfortable after that I think it scared her a little so she shut her self off, so that leaves both my sister and daughter with abilities they wish to keep latent because of to much stress and fear.

Was any of your experiences fearful for you? Or left you a little shaken up, being fearful of the unknown can cause you to repress your abilities, personally my view is that as long as you hold any uncertainty or fear about your gift then you won't fully be able to experience it to the full.

Mediating and getting back in touch with your higher self is a good place to start to develop them again and some work on the third eye and crown chakra, but I think it's very normal for a lapse in your abilities, you nay have just been at a time in your life that needed you to concentrate on other matters in your life that needed attention.

But as your now acquiring about wanting to experience your ability again then maybe the time is right to embrace your gift fully and without fear of it.

I'm sure my daughter may look into again when she's older when it happened for her she was 10 to15 she's now 18.

KnightOfTheCosmos

The more consumed we become with the superficial or chasing things in the real world, the more out of touch we become with gifts.

It's totally possible to regain or rediscover those abilities. They never leave us. Once you learn to block out the stresses/noise/voices of the world you can begin to strengthen your connection again.

This actually gave me a lot to think about because around that time I became very focused on school and trying to make friends and relationships. I'm now beginning to realize that there's more to life than my education (sometimes I work a little TOO hard and neglect everything else). Thank you, you gave me hope. =)

KnightOfTheCosmos

Was any of your experiences fearful for you? Or left you a little shaken up, being fearful of the unknown can cause you to repress your abilities, personally my view is that as long as you hold any uncertainty or fear about your gift then you won't fully be able to experience it to the full.

Hello there! No actually, I wasn't afraid of any of the experiences. In fact, I always felt happy when they happened because (this may sound silly) they made me feel less alone. It made me feel like someone had my back. But I was very uncertain of my abilities. I don't know why, I just always doubted that I could be that...special, I guess. It sort of related to my low self-esteem. So I believe that is playing a huge role in my lapse in abilities. My self-doubt is holding me back and it's not allowing me to be open. Also, while I wasn't afraid of the experiences, I was afraid of what COULD happen, that something huge might occur out of nowhere. I still have this fear, deep down.

I have actually been doing some chakra meditations! Particularly focusing on the heart and crown chakra. I'll start to focus on the third eye chakra too.

I hope your daughter starts to look into it as well! It is pretty exciting. =) Thank you for your help!! I appreciate it. =)

Starri Knytes

Hi, from what you say, it sounds very similar to what happened to my sister and daughter, the difference is I think they choose to close themselves off from it, my sister just said no more I don't want to experience these things anymore, and I think since then she hasn't tried to reactivate her abilities, my daughter on the other hand could see and communicate with spirits until a few years ago, the last experience she had was off a little girl who followed her everywhere, this made her feel uncomfortable after that I think it scared her a little so she shut her self off, so that leaves both my sister and daughter with abilities they wish to keep latent because of to much stress and fear.

Mediating and getting back in touch with your higher self is a good place to start to develop them again and some work on the third eye and crown chakra, but I think it's very normal for a lapse in your abilities, you nay have just been at a time in your life that needed you to concentrate on other matters in your life that needed attention.

But as your now acquiring about wanting to experience your ability again then maybe the time is right to embrace your gift fully and without fear of it.

I'm sure my daughter may look into again when she's older when it happened for her she was 10 to15 she's now 18.
I find your story a little distressing, especially if you knew at the time that your child was being bothered by these spirits.

In the future should your child decide to reconnect with her gifts, please instruct her on how to protect herself, And on how to ask bothersome spirits to go away.

Bright and Magical Blessings
Starri

Tigerangel

I find your story a little distressing, especially if you knew at the time that your child was being bothered by these spirits.

In the future should your child decide to reconnect with her gifts, please instruct her on how to protect herself, And on how to ask bothersome spirits to go away.

Bright and Magical Blessings
Starri

It was only that one-time for her and shes perfectly happy now, but you know daughters they keep things to themselves before they will tell you what's going on with them.

danieljuk

Hi Knight, totally agree with Starri's post but also I wonder if they are around when we need them and less when we don't need them so much? I was really connected about a year ago and drifted off a little and suddenly they are growing again. I feel I need more support currently in life and also I have been doing more divination.

Apart from blocking and repressing them, I wonder if they fade in and out of our lives?

A final point, there was a discussion in one of the tarot forums about ages we are involved in tarot, several people (including me) were into divination and spirituality in their teens and then put it all away and shut it off in our 20's! There was quite a few people who didn't need it in their 20's. In the middle age range Jung said there is a period called the 'metanoia', I think I am going through mine now and become hugely introspective and spiritual. I am so different to my 20's when I didn't go inside myself at all and ignored this whole area.

I wouldn't worry about this, perhaps it's to do with age / phase of life / events you face currently.

Disa

I agree that stress can really keep us from receiving the impressions or spirit connection we are used to feeling. Fear doesn't always do it-some people are terrified by anything "supernatural" and they still experience it. When I was about 18 I tried to block it all because I had a friend younger than I was who killed himself and I saw and felt his spirit all around me for months. I had no guidance and I was afraid I was somehow keeping his spirit around by interacting with him and so I just shut down as best as I could and hoped that he would go wherever it was he was supposed to go. Shutting down didn't completely keep me from sensing spirits, but I couldn't see them anymore. My intuition still kicked in when I needed it over the years but it wasn't like it was before I tried to block it.

It took years to get my vision back once I decided I wanted it, but it can be done. Though I've gotten back to the abilities I had and gained a few more- whenever I'm stressed it really affects things.

There is a book by Sonia Choquette called "Trust your Vibes". Maybe you would like it. I liked it.

Meditation really is the key. Everyone told me that and it was so hard for me at first. The more grounded or centered I am, the more info I can receive. Maybe it will be the same for you. Life gets hectic, just stay open and ride the wave. Good luck.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hi Knight, totally agree with Starri's post but also I wonder if they are around when we need them and less when we don't need them so much? I was really connected about a year ago and drifted off a little and suddenly they are growing again. I feel I need more support currently in life and also I have been doing more divination.

Apart from blocking and repressing them, I wonder if they fade in and out of our lives?

A final point, there was a discussion in one of the tarot forums about ages we are involved in tarot, several people (including me) were into divination and spirituality in their teens and then put it all away and shut it off in our 20's! There was quite a few people who didn't need it in their 20's. In the middle age range Jung said there is a period called the 'metanoia', I think I am going through mine now and become hugely introspective and spiritual. I am so different to my 20's when I didn't go inside myself at all and ignored this whole area.

I wouldn't worry about this, perhaps it's to do with age / phase of life / events you face currently.

Hello! =) Wow, you brought up a lot of great points. I was also wondering if it was an age thing too. My mom and especially my grandma have dreams that come true (I think they're called precognitive dreams?) and my grandma's dreams are very specific. But I have dreams that come true only when it's something I'm quite passionate about, and they're not as detailed as my grandma's dream. So that's why I was wondering if it was an age thing. And I also agree it may have to do with events. Right now my education and just trying to be independent are really important to me. So maybe when things calm down it'll pop back up. Thank you very much!