Disturbing dream...

EmpressArwen

I don't know why this dream has me so shook up. I woke up in cold sweat this morning.

In the dream, I was getting into my little red car. I was in the passenger seat. I was talking to the driver but do not remember anything about him, other than I had the impression the driver was male. We don't get very far when the car stops. I look at the dashboard. It had many more indicators, dials than my actual car has. There were flashing red lights going off everywhere. I told the driver just to wait a minute while the car cooled down and then we should be able to drive it home, as my house was close. I took over driving...again we didn't get very far when the car stalls again. This time the dashboard had even more red lights flash. I could hear a warning siren going off...and the dashboard had a light flashing FIRE,FIRE,FIRE!

The next scene I was at my mom's house, my sister, my neice and I think most of my famiy from that side were there..she mentioned me driving somewhere and I told her that ALL of "my engines have failed". I started naming off every car I've ever had (ones that are long gone) and say that all of them are broken. She asked me if I'd have time Wednesday - Friday of next week to watch the kids and "handle things". I say yes but it was with a feeling of dread. (my mom has no small children...I'm her youngest).

Then I heard the warning siren again...and woke up. I know this doesn't sound scary but it was...I kind of feel sick just thinking of it.

**I'm kind of at a loss here. I looked up the basic symbolism. An overheating car can indicate that one is expending too much energy. The fact that I wasn't in the drivers seat in the beginning can show that I'm not feeling in control of my life. I'm confused about the indicators on the dashboard, the FIRE,FIRE,FIRE and the siren...unless I'm missing signs of something being really wrong in my life. I doubt it..I know that stuff is really wrong in my life. :(

Being at my mom's...I dont know. I'm very close to my mom...and I remember seeing my sister and my neice. My mom and my sister are my best friends. My neice is a sweetheart. I just don't get this part at all. My mom asking me to handle things...maybe she thinks I need to take charge of my life?? Taking care of the kids could be that she thinks I need to nuture myself more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Starri Knytes

How's your health sweetie?

The first half indicates that you're a hot mess. That you've given control of some area over to someone else. Is that your husband or could it be someone else? This is not a person you should trust with your health and you realize this and that's why you've taken control.

Going over your previous car/engine/health or issues in general with your mom who does not seem to show much concern should tell you that the issue is not as serious as you think. If you take care of yourself you should be well enough to take care of others again in a few days...

Hope this makes sense to you.

*you feel like you're a hot mess, but mom is telling you that it's not that bad

EmpressArwen

Haha! I am a hot mess. Interesting. So yeah, I don't take care of myself. I've been better lately but get discouraged easily and give up to an extent. I feel terrible about how I look. I feel hideous...i look in the mirror and think, "my god...how did I let myself get this ugly?" My husband tries very hard to convince me that its all in my head...maybe he was the male driver...but then gives up and just lets me drive (stops trying to convince me I'm not quasimodo).

My mom, my sister, and my neice are very fit. My mom is the kind of mom who thinks her daughters are the most beautiful women in the world. lol So maybe her lack of concern about what I was saying is that she doesn't see it and thinks if I don't like something about myself, I should just get on about changing it.

Very interesting. I wouldn't have seen this side of it. Thank you!!

Starri Knytes

I had this one other thought concerning mom's message ...

She says that if you look at you "car" issues in terms of EVERY CAR YOU'VE EVER OWNED...
You would likely never own a car again, right!
Don't compound your problems. Deal with what's currently on your plate. If it's taking better care of you/your body/your health. Begin today, where you are now. No looking back,only forward.

EmpressArwen

I had this one other thought concerning mom's message ...

She says that if you look at you "car" issues in terms of EVERY CAR YOU'VE EVER OWNED...
You would likely never own a car again, right!
Don't compound your problems. Deal with what's currently on your plate. If it's taking better care of you/your body/your health. Begin today, where you are now. No looking back,only forward.

Good point. If I look at this in terms of physical appearance, I would say that some of wat defeats me is I've tried this so many times and failed to make real changes...so every diet/exercise/life style change (every car I've owned) hasn't succeeded. So if I am going to make changes, just focus on now, not past.

Thanks! I like that.