Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarot Deck Reviews on Youtube

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media


 
Saelyn's Avatar
Saelyn  Saelyn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 28 Jan 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 101
Saelyn 
Citizen

Saelyn's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Squirrel View Post
Ah yes I find her wonderful too she converted me to the Dark Goddess with her review
She seems legitimately enthusiastic in her reviews! I like her energy.
Top   #21
Irbisa's Avatar
Irbisa  Irbisa is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 6
Irbisa 
Resident

Irbisa's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerangel View Post
I like owlmoon513 reviews, I can't remember her doing a sample reading but she does give alot of information on how the decks work for her when she uses them in her own readings.

https://m.youtube.com/user/owlmoon513
I like her, too, plus she seems really nice
Top   #22
daenys's Avatar
daenys  daenys is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 90
daenys 
Resident

daenys's Avatar

re: owlmoon513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irbisa View Post
I like her, too, plus she seems really nice
She does. Her voice is so soothing too. What I don't like about her reviews is how uncritical they are. When she shows the camera cards from a deck, most of her commentary boils down to "I love this" or "This is beautiful". I watched her Top Ten Favorites video and apparently she reads solely on personal intuition... so, she can't tell you how well the cards align with, say, RWS symbolism. In that video she also mentions her first tarot deck was the Tarot of Vampyres... released in 2010. She might read professionally, it's true, but her experience with the tarot pales in comparison to many people on this forum.
Top   #23
Citrin's Avatar
Citrin  Citrin is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,321
Citrin 
Citizen

Citrin's Avatar
Cool


I recently found a new YouTuber I really like. His name is Patrik and you can search for "In The 78 Cards" to find his channel on YouTube. He has two great reviews up and I'm hoping for more, the rest of his videos are really nice also. I like his humble approach, he often mentions he is new to tarot and is trying out if things work for him or not etc
Top   #24
The Happy Squirrel  The Happy Squirrel is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jun 2014
Location: :)
Posts: 2,500
The Happy Squirrel 
Citizen

Thanks Citrin I just subscribed to his channel
Top   #25
The Happy Squirrel  The Happy Squirrel is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jun 2014
Location: :)
Posts: 2,500
The Happy Squirrel 
Citizen
Tarot Deck Reviews on Youtube


Quote:
Originally Posted by daenys View Post
re: owlmoon513



She does. Her voice is so soothing too. What I don't like about her reviews is how uncritical they are. When she shows the camera cards from a deck, most of her commentary boils down to "I love this" or "This is beautiful". I watched her Top Ten Favorites video and apparently she reads solely on personal intuition... so, she can't tell you how well the cards align with, say, RWS symbolism. In that video she also mentions her first tarot deck was the Tarot of Vampyres... released in 2010. She might read professionally, it's true, but her experience with the tarot pales in comparison to many people on this forum.

I mainly listen to her for her soothing voice

It is AMSR-like ha!

I found her self reflection about her past struggles and going through them and therefore her chats about personal growth to be very insightful. But I found her almost hatred for the Christian religion - based on her own experience growing up in what a lot would consider an organised cult - to be a bit uncomfortable to listen to. Tarot and the things surrounding it I found is so expansive and the energy should be freeing. Hatred and strong dislike I found to be constricting and to be a bit 'muddy' in terms of 'energy'. It often indicate to me that you haven't truly free yourself and therefore even if not part of a 'traditional' or 'dogmatic' 'organised religion' you are still as 'trapped' if that makes sense. Some decks that are good might get a bad review because they are too 'christian'. I understand that this view isn't unique. Still. She is my go to gal for soothing voice though
Top   #26
daenys's Avatar
daenys  daenys is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 90
daenys 
Resident

daenys's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Squirrel View Post
I mainly listen to her for her soothing voice [emoji14]

It is AMSR-like ha!

I found her self reflection about her past struggles and going through them and therefore her chats about personal growth to be very insightful. But I found her almost hatred for the Christian religion - based on her own experience growing up in what a lot would consider an organised cult - to be a bit uncomfortable to listen to. Tarot and the things surrounding it I found is so expansive and the energy should be freeing. Hatred and strong dislike I found to be constricting and to be a bit 'muddy' in terms of 'energy'. It often indicate to me that you haven't truly free yourself and therefore even if not part of a 'traditional' or 'dogmatic' 'organised religion' you are still as 'trapped' if that makes sense. Some decks that are good might get a bad review because they are too 'christian'. I understand that this view isn't unique. Still. She is my go to gal for soothing voice though
I know, isn't her voice amazing!

Hatred or strong dislike aren't at all necessary to criticise something. It's perfectly possible. I did it in my earlier post about owlmoon513 herself. (Overall I do like her.) I idealise balanced judgments not extreme judgments. It's why I like the suit of Swords so much -- the Queen and King seem to epitomise this ideal. Passion has its place but as you say when negative it can be 'muddy'. But the Swords at their best, like Air, are clear of anything distorting the truth.

That clarity I find to be another kind of liberation.

On another note, I found a YouTuber whose reviews I like very much -- the Truth in Story. Her videos (eg for the Fountain tarot) are long but any section I watched I found well worth listening to. Her mini analyses of each card are quite interesting and she has such enthusiasm -- again positive biased, but she goes deeper into the 'why' of it in a way that I don't mind at all.

There's also an excellent review of the Golden Botticelli I watched last week. I forgot the user's name but it's quite easy to find. He talks engagingly about the myths behind the artwork -- of which he names! It's an art lesson more than anything else.
Top   #27
The Happy Squirrel  The Happy Squirrel is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jun 2014
Location: :)
Posts: 2,500
The Happy Squirrel 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenys View Post

On another note, I found a YouTuber whose reviews I like very much -- the Truth in Story. Her videos (eg for the Fountain tarot) are long but any section I watched I found well worth listening to. Her mini analyses of each card are quite interesting and she has such enthusiasm -- again positive biased, but she goes deeper into the 'why' of it in a way that I don't mind at all.

There's also an excellent review of the Golden Botticelli I watched last week. I forgot the user's name but it's quite easy to find. He talks engagingly about the myths behind the artwork -- of which he names! It's an art lesson more than anything else.

Ooooh I should look for them! I would love to listen to the Golden Botticelli talk although I personally do not like original pre-existing historical art squeezed into the tarot format.

Thanks for the references!
Top   #28
daenys's Avatar
daenys  daenys is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 90
daenys 
Resident

daenys's Avatar

Haha, you're welcome.
Top   #29
Owl Song's Avatar
Owl Song  Owl Song is offline
Not a Cylon
 
Join Date: 31 Mar 2005
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Posts: 1,666
Owl Song 
Not a Cylon

Owl Song's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Squirrel View Post
I mainly listen to her for her soothing voice

It is AMSR-like ha!

I found her self reflection about her past struggles and going through them and therefore her chats about personal growth to be very insightful. But I found her almost hatred for the Christian religion - based on her own experience growing up in what a lot would consider an organised cult - to be a bit uncomfortable to listen to. Tarot and the things surrounding it I found is so expansive and the energy should be freeing. Hatred and strong dislike I found to be constricting and to be a bit 'muddy' in terms of 'energy'. It often indicate to me that you haven't truly free yourself and therefore even if not part of a 'traditional' or 'dogmatic' 'organised religion' you are still as 'trapped' if that makes sense. Some decks that are good might get a bad review because they are too 'christian'. I understand that this view isn't unique. Still. She is my go to gal for soothing voice though
I've been following owlmoon513's videos for a couple of years now and I just don't see this at all. I see a woman who has come into her own spiritually in a beautiful and inspiring way. I've never heard disparaging comments from her about Christianity or those who follow the Christian path. No, it's not her path and her experiences did not sound positive but I have always found her open minded and self-aware. I think she realizes there are healthy expressions of Christianity. (Of course, I do not wish to speak for her.) But I have never gotten vibes from her that even come near the term "hatred." She encourages balance, healing, and spiritual health in an inclusive and open way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, Happy Squirrel. I read your comments though and I had to express my very different viewpoint.

Blessings.
Top   #30


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.