Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Good comparative studies.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Citizen

Desecrated 
Citizen

Good comparative studies.

I'm interested in any in depth comparisons between different decks. Not necessarily the history of tarot, but along the lines of HOW the Marseille is different from the Visconti and WHY.
So is there any good books about this?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

delinfrey 
Citizen

My recommendation would be to take this journey by yourself.
I mean, the basic things you can get from the decks themselves (differences between the images), then a little Wikipedia, then a little journaling with the card differences - try to answer these questions yourself.

I speak from experience - some years ago, I was writing articles on these differences and I was looking for sources. At one point, though, I just decided to study these decks myself and to use it as a learning experience; after all - learning these differences gives you the building blocks of Tarot. Strongly recommended.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

Michael Sternbach 
Citizen

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium by Jana Riley is a collection of card meanings from many different authors and decks, although it doesn't go back further than to Oswald Wirth.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

Desecrated 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by delinfrey View Post
My recommendation would be to take this journey by yourself.
I mean, the basic things you can get from the decks themselves (differences between the images), then a little Wikipedia, then a little journaling with the card differences - try to answer these questions yourself.

I speak from experience - some years ago, I was writing articles on these differences and I was looking for sources. At one point, though, I just decided to study these decks myself and to use it as a learning experience; after all - learning these differences gives you the building blocks of Tarot. Strongly recommended.
Yes, this is basic training.
BUT, it's also fun to see what others have written and how they are thinking about.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.