The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

bumble bee

Bohemian Gothic - too dark?

I have been using this deck all over the place for about 6 months now.
Recently, I went to a study group and the deck was too dark for others in
the group. I used to ask people if they were comfortable with the deck but everyone has loved it so much this time I just forgot to ask. It was all handled very politely but I must admit it made me feel like a bad girl (I know it is silly but it brought back these childhood type feelings).
Does this deck fit in light worker types? They pointed out the demons in the deck. Have they not seen the devil card? Is it not all symbolic? I almost felt like they thought I was channeling demons with this deck. OK, Im a little
oversensitive here. Do human beings not have their demons lurking in the shadows to be purged? Insight?

Alisa13

Night and Day

BB
We all have "lightness" and "dark" in us, that is what makes humans having a "Human" experience in this world.
Did you ever read Mother Teresa's biography? In it even she had her "dark" moments of questioning her faith.
Those who would say you are "channeling" demons have chosen to have a fairly simplistic view of life, one that removes them from personal responsibility (wasn't me The Devil made me to it.)
I have found the Bohemian Gothic deck very Healing because it brings the "shadow" issues right up front, sometimes makes you laugh at them, so I can heal and become more balanced on my "light" and "dark" journey.
I found the Victorian Romantic Deck more disturbing than the Bohemian Gothic deck, but that is another story!
:)

bumble bee

Bohemian Gothic

Thanks Alisa. I totally agree.
I will be more careful in the future if people don't feel comfortable with it
to use another deck. Right now its my main deck-It reads beautifully for me and for people I read for.
I dont have the Romantic but I have used BG and another deck together
and thrown a card from each for each position to contrast viewpoints and the "light" deck has come up with the most negative cards sometimes.
Interesting.
Bee

Seeking1

"I found the Victorian Romantic Deck more disturbing than the Bohemian Gothic deck, but that is another story!"

I too find the Victorian Romantic Deck disturbing. I don't use it all that often because of that.

Essjay

I'm very late to the party but can I sign up? I've posted on a couple of threads so thought I'd better make it official, lol!

My only excuse for my lateness is that this is such a winter deck - you really need those long nights and short days.

Alisa13

Hello Essjay
I think by making your post - you're in!
Welcome to the Dark Side . . . .:)

Essjay

Alisa13 said:
Hello Essjay
I think by making your post - you're in!
Welcome to the Dark Side . . . .:)

Lol - brilliant!

:)

MysticalMoose

I'm in too, actually I posted on one of the threads a while ago but never announced my arrival so to speak :D....I have had the deck for a while now but recently I have fallen totally in love with it, no other deck is calling me as much at the moment & since I got the companion book from our Gregory I think this is going to be my studying project for a while now :). Its funny actually because I have never been into Gothic type or so called dark images before....there is just something so captivating about this deck, I love the way the light in the images is so real & beautiful, also the use of colour amongst the dark cards is just magical. I'm looking forward to reading thru the threads on this study group :)

bumble bee

Bohemian Gothic

Don't worry Mystic Moose (not that you really were). I have never been a goth type either,never read a vampire book, wear black only on occasion and own no clothing with skulls on it. I believe my attraction to the deck is my deep emotional character and experience with sadness and depression. There are so many layers here just like in life. I am attracted to the beauty of the cards - Im not sure I have ever seen a more beautiful world card. If you have a chance to read for young goth types its a great deck. Its so fun! Enjoy!

MysticalMoose

I am in absolute agreement about that World card! It's so lovely. I am neglecting all my other decks (apart from my BB Cats) this weekend & just enjoying the dark delectable beauty of the BoGo }). The companion book is really good & thorough & when Gregory sent it to me she said that I would notice so many new things about the cards that I possibly wouldnt have picked out without it & she was right. I am in LOVE :D