What is this technique called ?

INIVEA

awesome, Thanks you 2, I will try a research this tomorrow, my computer hates me today, keeps crashing.

danieljuk

yeah I'm in Australia, and the woman who showed it to me said it was called that, but yeah when I googled it just now it was all scientific, so thanks for clearing that up, Kinesiology it is :)

Interestingly the woman who once gave me some, was an Australian bringing it to the UK! She was doing seminars in it and a friend was learning from her and the friend brought the teacher to demonstrate on me for her! The friend later gave me Kinesiology but it was never as good as the Australian lady who just came over to bring her style of it here and then returned back to Oz. She was really amazing! Perhaps it's a bigger thing there and she was promoting it over here.

With the testing of it and the system, I had some really interesting results and felt it was really good. But the friend who learnt it, is now sceptical about it. She sees it like using a pendulum, can you trust it or could the body just be doing movements or spasms which is just coincidence? I would be cautious using it for allergies, illnesses and medication (which some people do) but I did have some really amazing results about it in my own life at the time. Don't use it to diagnosis major issues on it's own probably.

Good luck with your research into it Inivea, I hope it helps you explore your subconscious :)

blueeyetea

Inivea, as others have said, the technique she used was muscle-testing. Here in Canada it’s referred to as Specialized Kinesiology, and they even have their own association.

http://canask.org/

If it’s something you want to learn, the above has a series of courses called “Touch for Health”.

You can also find muscle testing in reference to “Energy Medicine”, taught by Donna Eden. I know that there are two teachers certified to teach her method located in Toronto. A lot of the basics she teaches you can find in Donna Eden’s books: Energy Medicine, and Energy Medicine for Woman, but the section on muscle testing is pretty vague. Any extensive training she offers through her school is a variant of what is taught in Touch for Health.

I learned about muscle testing from a local alternative health therapist and teacher, who introduced me to Donna Eden. I had the opportunity to attend a 5-day workshop with Donna Eden and her husband a couple of years ago. Because of budget constraints, I searched for alternative closer to home. Since Donna Eden herself says she learned her techniques via Touch for Health, I eventually found a local teacher, and did the whole program.

Is muscle testing coming from the subconscious mind? From what I learned, not really, because a lot of the theory behind Touch for Health is based on Chinese medicine, and energy balance/imbalances in the meridians. When a meridian is well, the test is strong, and health issues stem from energy imbalances in certain meridians. The test the lady gave you was a general all-purpose muscle test, but to get deeper into health issues, each meridian has its’ own series of muscle testing, usually performed by someone else.

If you find a local practitioner to teach you, a word of warning: some get quite offended that people would use muscle testing for questions other than health-related. Strange, considering that using your body to determine which vitamins your body needs isn’t exactly based on the scientific method. I was lucky with my first teacher, apart from telling us to stay away from emotionally charged questions until we had more experience, she was all for using your body to test questions you needed answered. I’m of two minds on the matter, and if my emotions get in the way, I prefer consulting with a practitioner because I find my body will tell me my preference when I care a lot about the answer.

And yes, there are several methods of muscle testing for yourself, some easier to do than others. I think YouTube has several videos. Actually, search for Donna Eden, and you’ll probably find some of her early recordings.

I hope this helps, although it’s long.

INIVEA

Inivea, as others have said, the technique she used was muscle-testing. Here in Canada it’s referred to as Specialized Kinesiology, and they even have their own association.

http://canask.org/

If it’s something you want to learn, the above has a series of courses called “Touch for Health”.

You can also find muscle testing in reference to “Energy Medicine”, taught by Donna Eden. I know that there are two teachers certified to teach her method located in Toronto. A lot of the basics she teaches you can find in Donna Eden’s books: Energy Medicine, and Energy Medicine for Woman, but the section on muscle testing is pretty vague. Any extensive training she offers through her school is a variant of what is taught in Touch for Health.

I learned about muscle testing from a local alternative health therapist and teacher, who introduced me to Donna Eden. I had the opportunity to attend a 5-day workshop with Donna Eden and her husband a couple of years ago. Because of budget constraints, I searched for alternative closer to home. Since Donna Eden herself says she learned her techniques via Touch for Health, I eventually found a local teacher, and did the whole program.

Is muscle testing coming from the subconscious mind? From what I learned, not really, because a lot of the theory behind Touch for Health is based on Chinese medicine, and energy balance/imbalances in the meridians. When a meridian is well, the test is strong, and health issues stem from energy imbalances in certain meridians. The test the lady gave you was a general all-purpose muscle test, but to get deeper into health issues, each meridian has its’ own series of muscle testing, usually performed by someone else.

If you find a local practitioner to teach you, a word of warning: some get quite offended that people would use muscle testing for questions other than health-related. Strange, considering that using your body to determine which vitamins your body needs isn’t exactly based on the scientific method. I was lucky with my first teacher, apart from telling us to stay away from emotionally charged questions until we had more experience, she was all for using your body to test questions you needed answered. I’m of two minds on the matter, and if my emotions get in the way, I prefer consulting with a practitioner because I find my body will tell me my preference when I care a lot about the answer.

And yes, there are several methods of muscle testing for yourself, some easier to do than others. I think YouTube has several videos. Actually, search for Donna Eden, and you’ll probably find some of her early recordings.

I hope this helps, although it’s long.

Thanks so much, I will check out some videos, and see about getting my hands on Donna's books. I am so glad that this muscle testing was done, the more I sit with this deck, the more its growing on me. I am also glad that my body/ energy/ subconscious answered the questions. Because honestly I would've picked what wasn't healthy for me at the moment.