3 am and scary freaking dreams...

Tanga

I agree with Starri Knytes :)
Sage smells like drugs! Lol (at least that's the comments I get from everyone else). Sweetgrass might be a little better - or some perfumed oils. And you could put your Holy Water in a bottle with a little alcohol (I nice smelling one. I tend not to like the smell of Holy Water either) and spray it around the house in a ritual "cleansing and fortifying of energetic barriers".
3am is such a sweetly creepy and "barriers down" hour. :) Everyone's generally deeply asleep and sounds travel further.
I sometimes do ritual at this time too.

I think your fear - as you say - is attracting strange happenings and ideas to you. And that you're subconsciously wondering if you're "in the wrong".
However - you have the sensitivity, therefore it IS YOUR GIFT. Repeatedly affirm this to yourself - you are meant to be delving into this facet of life - or you wouldn't have been given the gift to sense it in the first place. And you ultimately, will be the mistress of it - if you allow yourself such a throne :).

Belief empowers it all - work on releasing your unconscious doubts.

Oooh! Interesting question...deep. Well, my initial thought is that I have a hard time expressing who I am spiritually, except with a very few people. I feel judged often from both sides of the fence here. I am Christian...and I'm also into all this stuff (gestures hands around AT lol). I've been judged by non-Christian as often as Christians...

Lol. That sounds familiar. Both sides can be equally trapped in their own dogma.

So who I am is a chameleon...always blending in to a point...who I am supposed to be is authentic, everywhere. I know my guides want this for me. I know God wants this for me. I know I want this...so why can't I seem to do it? Hmmm...more to ponder.

Ah yes - The Chameleon. I have always been a perfect one!
I am now 42 - and finally dare to be all of that which I am, openly (skillfully veiling - if I suspect the people I interact with may freak out. I introduce myself slowly, in bits - if they're going to be sticking around in my Universe). And truthfully - my practice is idiosyncratic and half-the-time a mystery even to me. I go by "feelings" with no definition.
:joke:. So what? - that's the nature of being human isn't it? (Says I).

Are you sure there is no-one you could ask for assistance?
No-one who does training in any of these sorts of things who could help?
My Reiki teacher helped people with banishings and possessions, for instance.
There's a mediumship training place here - where if I ever felt I was haunted by these issues - I could go and ask if anyone could give advice about it. Or one of my friends, who is both an army trainer, and aura healer, and accomplished meditation trainer - also deals with spirit release etc.
Do you know no one else who is similar to you - that you could talk to?
Or maybe in your local bookstore where you bought that esoteric book on X - go and ask in there. Sometimes you find the bookstore people have a wealth of knowledge and ideas about these things...

Also - being more pro-active at that "bell ringing time" I think could be helpful.
Years ago when I was a trainee Zero Balancer, one of my guinea pigs admitted to me that she "saw dead people" - quite literally like that little boy in that movie "The Sixth Sense".
She would walk along and sometimes be unsure whether the people talking to her were alive or dead. After a Zero Balancing session on which we pondered the idea of personal-boundaries, she went home and that week, loudly announced to all the dead people surrounding her bed, that none were allowed to visit unless she specifically asked them - except for her Grandmother, who was allowed to visit her bedside anytime.
They all went away after that - listened to her apparently.
You must kindly put your foot down and say "OK folks - what exactly do you want? What are you up to?" - sort of thing. (And seeing as I'm talking from no experience - I'm sure this will be quite a feat. But only you can do it).

Remember sometimes all that is needed is just acknowledgement and acceptance.

celticnoodle

First of all, I didn't read through every post--just glanced through them all. So, if anything is repeated here - or if I have misunderstood something, my apologies.

Do you know when the bewitching hour is?

Most people think it's at midnight, but it's not. It's at 3am. The hour when the world is quiet and voices from the other side are most easily heard.
I have heard this too and I can believe it. Midnight, many people are still up and partying (generally if they are up at this time), but by 3am, the 'air' will even feel more still--you get what I'm saying? So, yes, I believe this is very true.
I used to wake up between 3-30am. Now more often than not I stay up until then.
It's a great time for magic or meditation if you're so inclined.

And sweetie smudging with sage inside is never a good idea. Some would argue, but wait till you try to get that stink out of the house. Try lavender plants inside or out near windows or doors, or lavender potpourri in the affected areas.
again, I SO agree. I love to eat sage---but cannot stand the aroma of it when it is burned. It is NOT easy to get rid of either! The fabric in your clothes, furniture, etc. seem to just grab on to it. ick.

If you're religious go to your Catholic Church and get a vile of holy water to splash around. It's free and they don't mind at all.
again--was about to say this same thing. Or you can make your own. However, I know you are a Catholic, like I am. So, getting some holy water from your church is a good thing. You can just ask the Priest if you can get some--take your own bottle, in case they do not have any (but they should have some in stock). It is nice to make a small donation--perhaps a few dollars, if you get it from the Priest.

If you prefer to make your own, I believe (at least from what my family use to say) you should boil some water first to remove any inpurities from it. Let it cool and as it is cooling say some prayers over it and bless it with the sign of the cross. Once it is cooled, store it in a sealed container/bottle, what have you.

Now, whenever we move into a new home (own or renting it), I bless every opening (door, window) to every room, including the inside doors, (closets, doors to the bedrooms). Also bless the doors by making a sign of the cross on each door with the holy water. It is suppose to leave a 'protection' there. You can if you wish also 'bless' the 4 corners of each room--I do this sometimes too.

Do you have a crucifix hanging in your home. I use to have one in every room of the house--but honestly I do not now. Then, also purchase a Saint Benedicts medal for every opening into the home--(again every window and door leading to the outside) and put it above each opening. They are about the size of a dime. (I do this too). He is suppose to also 'protect' the home and those inside.

Another thing I do that is part of our 'family lore' (The Catholic Side of it) is to have a statue of the Infant of Prague in your home, (it can be a tiny plastic one even) that is facing or near the entry door (or door you use the most) of your home. (In my farmhouse, it is the kitchen door--the vacation home, its the front door). If you can't do a statue, get a Holy Card and keep it near the door instead, it works just as well.

Now, I come from a very long line of very superstitious Irish Catholics, :laugh: but this is something we've been doing for generations and its just our 'natural' thing to do when we move into a home. Writing it all out makes me realize how crazy we all sound, :laugh: but, you know--T-R-A-D-I-T-I-O-N! (Like from the movie, Fiddler on the Roof). :laugh:

Plus, it was always drilled into our heads to recite the Lord's Prayer whenever you are afraid and when you go to bed. Again--just part of our family 'tradition'.

I, too, often wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes just for a bathroom run and then a glass of water, but sometimes out of fear. Which makes my husband laugh, because here I am by day, a psychic medium and by night, a scaredy cat. :D When he is away and I'm alone in the farmhouse--its worse. (We are out in the country and well, it gets 'eery' in the night! :eek:) I'm not so bad at the vacation home though and its probably a bit 'more' private, as you can't see other homes from any window - with trees all around us and then the water. But, I don't feel as frightened there-even alone.

Another thing you can do is buy some Epsom Salt, (Walmart sells a big bag for a few dollars-less then $5.00) and set a handful in a bowl and put these in the corners of your home. Salt is suppose to keep evil away too. Also, if you can, sprinkle some of this salt around the perimeter of your home. Or you can dilute it in a spray bottle and spray it around the perimeter of your home---and it will be like a fence line against evil coming into the home.

eta: When I pray the rosary (daily), I pray for all those I promised to pray for, and I also dedicate it to those people who are lost souls--alive and deceased, and anyone who can use the prayer. I also make sure to say its also dedicated to my family and friends and for all of our safety against any form of evil.

It makes me feel better.

Good Luck!

EmpressArwen

I agree with Starri Knytes :)
Sage smells like drugs! Lol (at least that's the comments I get from everyone else). Sweetgrass might be a little better - or some perfumed oils. And you could put your Holy Water in a bottle with a little alcohol (I nice smelling one. I tend not to like the smell of Holy Water either) and spray it around the house in a ritual "cleansing and fortifying of energetic barriers".
3am is such a sweetly creepy and "barriers down" hour. :) Everyone's generally deeply asleep and sounds travel further.
I sometimes do ritual at this time too.

Last night, I poured some holy water into this children's lavendar pillow spray stuff I have. It's in a pump bottle. I sprayed it around the house. I didn't have anything creepy last night but that seems to be the way it goes. I suffer the creepiness for weeks, then I finally come here and talk about it...then it never happens again. lol

I think your fear - as you say - is attracting strange happenings and ideas to you. And that you're subconsciously wondering if you're "in the wrong".
However - you have the sensitivity, therefore it IS YOUR GIFT. Repeatedly affirm this to yourself - you are meant to be delving into this facet of life - or you wouldn't have been given the gift to sense it in the first place. And you ultimately, will be the mistress of it - if you allow yourself such a throne :).

Belief empowers it all - work on releasing your unconscious doubts.

Agree. I know that I am meant to take charge here. I am often jealous when people can do this sort of thing say they have never experienced this kind of scary stuff...the only difference that I can see between me and them seems to be that feeling that what we are doing is 100% ok...that is the part I need to work on.

Lol. That sounds familiar. Both sides can be equally trapped in their own dogma.

Yep! I had a former Catholic, now athiest man tell me that it was wrong to be a Catholic that practices divination. lol I'm like, you don't believe in it anymore so why do you care?

Ah yes - The Chameleon. I have always been a perfect one!
I am now 42 - and finally dare to be all of that which I am, openly (skillfully veiling - if I suspect the people I interact with may freak out. I introduce myself slowly, in bits - if they're going to be sticking around in my Universe). And truthfully - my practice is idiosyncratic and half-the-time a mystery even to me. I go by "feelings" with no definition.
:joke:. So what? - that's the nature of being human isn't it? (Says I).

I definitely think blending in has its place...I mean, I'm not going to kick in the door to my churvh and say "who wants a reading?!" lol Being respectful of others beliefs is important to me. I do think I have taken it to the extreme...which is weird considering the parents I have. They are the most spiritually open people I know. My mom is Christian and thinks my divination is just my way of connecting to the Holy Spirit. My dad is a hybrid of paganism and Native American traditionalism (strange considering he's Irish lol). Though he does have some celtic folklore thrown in for good measure. :) With this open, accepting background, I wonder why I've always felt so afraid of it all. Hmmm.

Are you sure there is no-one you could ask for assistance?
No-one who does training in any of these sorts of things who could help?
My Reiki teacher helped people with banishings and possessions, for instance.
There's a mediumship training place here - where if I ever felt I was haunted by these issues - I could go and ask if anyone could give advice about it. Or one of my friends, who is both an army trainer, and aura healer, and accomplished meditation trainer - also deals with spirit release etc.
Do you know no one else who is similar to you - that you could talk to?
Or maybe in your local bookstore where you bought that esoteric book on X - go and ask in there. Sometimes you find the bookstore people have a wealth of knowledge and ideas about these things...

Only online. I don't know anyone around here...there aren't any reiki practitioners here either. A looong time ago, there was a Occult bookstore ran by a Wiccan couple. They were awesome and so helpful to me but they left the city many years ago and we eventually lost touch.

Also - being more pro-active at that "bell ringing time" I think could be helpful.
Years ago when I was a trainee Zero Balancer, one of my guinea pigs admitted to me that she "saw dead people" - quite literally like that little boy in that movie "The Sixth Sense".
She would walk along and sometimes be unsure whether the people talking to her were alive or dead. After a Zero Balancing session on which we pondered the idea of personal-boundaries, she went home and that week, loudly announced to all the dead people surrounding her bed, that none were allowed to visit unless she specifically asked them - except for her Grandmother, who was allowed to visit her bedside anytime.
They all went away after that - listened to her apparently.
You must kindly put your foot down and say "OK folks - what exactly do you want? What are you up to?" - sort of thing. (And seeing as I'm talking from no experience - I'm sure this will be quite a feat. But only you can do it).

Remember sometimes all that is needed is just acknowledgement and acceptance.

I think you are right. I just need to be stronger and not let my fear freeze me up. I get that creepy sensation wash over me and I just want to hide under the covers. lol

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the help!

EmpressArwen

First of all, I didn't read through every post--just glanced through them all. So, if anything is repeated here - or if I have misunderstood something, my apologies.

I have heard this too and I can believe it. Midnight, many people are still up and partying (generally if they are up at this time), but by 3am, the 'air' will even feel more still--you get what I'm saying? So, yes, I believe this is very true.
again, I SO agree. I love to eat sage---but cannot stand the aroma of it when it is burned. It is NOT easy to get rid of either! The fabric in your clothes, furniture, etc. seem to just grab on to it. ick.

Haha! Ok that is three people for not burning sage! Sounds like that is definitely something to avoid.

again--was about to say this same thing. Or you can make your own. However, I know you are a Catholic, like I am. So, getting some holy water from your church is a good thing. You can just ask the Priest if you can get some--take your own bottle, in case they do not have any (but they should have some in stock). It is nice to make a small donation--perhaps a few dollars, if you get it from the Priest.

If you prefer to make your own, I believe (at least from what my family use to say) you should boil some water first to remove any inpurities from it. Let it cool and as it is cooling say some prayers over it and bless it with the sign of the cross. Once it is cooled, store it in a sealed container/bottle, what have you.

Interesting! I didn't know you could make your own! I'm going to try that...it feels more personal.

Now, whenever we move into a new home (own or renting it), I bless every opening (door, window) to every room, including the inside doors, (closets, doors to the bedrooms). Also bless the doors by making a sign of the cross on each door with the holy water. It is suppose to leave a 'protection' there. You can if you wish also 'bless' the 4 corners of each room--I do this sometimes too.

Do you have a crucifix hanging in your home. I use to have one in every room of the house--but honestly I do not now. Then, also purchase a Saint Benedicts medal for every opening into the home--(again every window and door leading to the outside) and put it above each opening. They are about the size of a dime. (I do this too). He is suppose to also 'protect' the home and those inside.

Another thing I do that is part of our 'family lore' (The Catholic Side of it) is to have a statue of the Infant of Prague in your home, (it can be a tiny plastic one even) that is facing or near the entry door (or door you use the most) of your home. (In my farmhouse, it is the kitchen door--the vacation home, its the front door). If you can't do a statue, get a Holy Card and keep it near the door instead, it works just as well.

Now, I come from a very long line of very superstitious Irish Catholics, :laugh: but this is something we've been doing for generations and its just our 'natural' thing to do when we move into a home. Writing it all out makes me realize how crazy we all sound, :laugh: but, you know--T-R-A-D-I-T-I-O-N! (Like from the movie, Fiddler on the Roof). :laugh:

Plus, it was always drilled into our heads to recite the Lord's Prayer whenever you are afraid and when you go to bed. Again--just part of our family 'tradition'.

Wow! How cool to have such deep family traditions like this!! I will do all of the above today. I need to get to the little Catholic gift shop in town. I bet they have those medals. We do have a small crucifix and a statue of Mary. I will look into the Infant of Prague as well.

I, too, often wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes just for a bathroom run and then a glass of water, but sometimes out of fear. Which makes my husband laugh, because here I am by day, a psychic medium and by night, a scaredy cat. :D When he is away and I'm alone in the farmhouse--its worse. (We are out in the country and well, it gets 'eery' in the night! :eek:) I'm not so bad at the vacation home though and its probably a bit 'more' private, as you can't see other homes from any window - with trees all around us and then the water. But, I don't feel as frightened there-even alone.

Glad I'm not the only one! haha

Another thing you can do is buy some Epsom Salt, (Walmart sells a big bag for a few dollars-less then $5.00) and set a handful in a bowl and put these in the corners of your home. Salt is suppose to keep evil away too. Also, if you can, sprinkle some of this salt around the perimeter of your home. Or you can dilute it in a spray bottle and spray it around the perimeter of your home---and it will be like a fence line against evil coming into the home.

I've heard this about salt...I wonder why this works? I'm going to look into this too.

eta: When I pray the rosary (daily), I pray for all those I promised to pray for, and I also dedicate it to those people who are lost souls--alive and deceased, and anyone who can use the prayer. I also make sure to say its also dedicated to my family and friends and for all of our safety against any form of evil.

It makes me feel better.

Good Luck!

I do love the Rosary, though I am not very disciplined about it. I think it would help me have a greater sense of peace and security if I said it regularly.

Thank you so much, cn!!! :)

Tanga

I definitely think blending in has its place...I mean, I'm not going to kick in the door to my church and say "who wants a reading?!" lol Being respectful of others beliefs is important to me. I do think I have taken it to the extreme...which is weird considering the parents I have. They are the most spiritually open people I know. My mom is Christian and thinks my divination is just my way of connecting to the Holy Spirit. My dad is a hybrid of paganism and Native American traditionalism (strange considering he's Irish lol). Though he does have some celtic folklore thrown in for good measure. :) With this open, accepting background, I wonder why I've always felt so afraid of it all. Hmmm.

That image with your foot on the church door just made me LOL! :joke:

Perhaps everyone else around you with less accepting or different ideas has just been overpowering?
For years I hid in the closet purely because I knew my parents wouldn't approve (my Mum frowns on it because she thinks it's an unreliable avenue - and perhaps a dangerous one - I'm not sure, I've never asked. She's psychic herself but never uses it. My father would have tut tutted and wondered if I was sinning maybe). But - I came out, when I found friends who thought along the same lines and practiced similar to me. Having the company makes so much difference to one's confidence.
I'm sorry you are isolated.

On the subject of stuff around the house. My mother as a habit, always put a picture of an angel above every bed in the house. I've carried on this tradition. Every room where someone might sleep, has an angel in it somewhere (be it a picture on the wall, an angel shaped crystal, or an aluminium purple angel - those are supposed to be put under drinking containers I think, to empower the liquid). :)

For protection of my doors and windows - Some of them have a piece of quartz that I just "thought at" - i.e. "I know - you can be the guardian crystal for this window. There you go!" <pats it and places it in the corner of the window> Lol.
I buried a piece or rainbow flourite in the ground next to the front door and I have a horseshoe hanging over the top of the entrance (Fae don't like iron. It's a piece of iron "hanging with intent".).
I never think much of the back doors. The back yard has 4 Altars in it (1 a functional working one) - I somehow doubt I'd ever attract anything past the fence.
And occasionally (when my housemates - my husband and mother - are out) I'll clear the whole house with sound (Gong, tibetan bowl and/or tuning fork) and some sort of incense (I have lose granules - DIY and 'Star Child', 'Blue Pearl' sticks, twisted dried herbs, aromatherapy oils... yes - that's it), then "re-seal" each door and window with "white light" renewing the boundaries. If I've loads of time, I'll make it a whole ritual, calling in the quarters etc. (I'm Wiccan).

And - guess what I recite when I'm really afraid??
The litany of fear from Frank Herbert's 'Dune' :joke:
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the "little-death" that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will let it pass over me and through me. And where it has gone, there shall be nothing - only I will remain!" (maybe I shortened it over the years - I can't remember).
I feel all RHAaa-ed up after this.
If you've not read Frank Herbert - it may not make that much (associated) sense to you.

Now Salt. Traditionally used in magic to mark the boundary of the protective circle (so that if you were summoning Demons to help you - they couldn't get in. Or you'd summon the Demon into a circle, or triangle, so that they were bound and couldn't get out).
And to consecrate magical items, like the sacred wand, chalice and athame (ritual knife).
Why salt? Don't know, never looked into it. In the old days salt was 'the' preservative (keeping things from putrefaction), and it's also a cleanser of wounds - and an exotic spice originally not easily gotten hold of.

Prayers before bed. I wing it with prayers/spells/invocations. Depends if I'm in the mood and need self-programming.
"Star Lady, Splendrous queen of night. Guard my dreams, be my steering light!" - is a simple prayer to Nuit (Egyptian Goddess of the sky - she who holds back Chaos from the earth :) ).

I do love the Rosary, though I am not very disciplined about it. I think it would help me have a greater sense of peace and security if I said it regularly.

My rosary is now a mala (Tibetan prayer beads) on which I chant repetitively. Not daily.
Maybe a couple of times a week. I have a small wrist one I strung myself (smaller beads with a stone of my choice) which mostly travels around with me. As I commonly practice with it, just having it on my person makes me feel more peaceful (again, by association).
Still have the mother-of-pearl rosary my mother gave me years ago for my confirmation (I'm originally Roman Catholic, now Wiccan). I use it sometimes in ritual.

EmpressArwen

That image with your foot on the church door just made me LOL! :joke:

Perhaps everyone else around you with less accepting or different ideas has just been overpowering?
For years I hid in the closet purely because I knew my parents wouldn't approve (my Mum frowns on it because she thinks it's an unreliable avenue - and perhaps a dangerous one - I'm not sure, I've never asked. She's psychic herself but never uses it. My father would have tut tutted and wondered if I was sinning maybe). But - I came out, when I found friends who thought along the same lines and practiced similar to me. Having the company makes so much difference to one's confidence.
I'm sorry you are isolated.

Yes...the negative always rings loudest in my head. Same way with insultsvs compliments but that is a personal problem that I should probably take up with a qualified therapist lol. It's interesting that your mom feels that way. My mom once told me to please not wish anything bad would happen to her when I was mad...lol She felt I had super manifestation powers or something. Hardly. I would certainly be rich if that was the case.

Where I live is VERY conservative...though it is slowly changing. We are a good 10 years behind everyone else. lol I remember complaining to the Wiccan couple once that I felt judged..they just laughed and said "honey, we are gay, male, Wiccans living in the reddest state imaginable...don't talk to me about being judged." haha! I was like..."i will shut up now." lol

On the subject of stuff around the house. My mother as a habit, always put a picture of an angel above every bed in the house. I've carried on this tradition. Every room where someone might sleep, has an angel in it somewhere (be it a picture on the wall, an angel shaped crystal, or an aluminium purple angel - those are supposed to be put under drinking containers I think, to empower the liquid). :)

For protection of my doors and windows - Some of them have a piece of quartz that I just "thought at" - i.e. "I know - you can be the guardian crystal for this window. There you go!" <pats it and places it in the corner of the window> Lol.
I buried a piece or rainbow flourite in the ground next to the front door and I have a horseshoe hanging over the top of the entrance (Fae don't like iron. It's a piece of iron "hanging with intent".).
I never think much of the back doors. The back yard has 4 Altars in it (1 a functional working one) - I somehow doubt I'd ever attract anything past the fence.
And occasionally (when my housemates - my husband and mother - are out) I'll clear the whole house with sound (Gong, tibetan bowl and/or tuning fork) and some sort of incense (I have lose granules - DIY and 'Star Child', 'Blue Pearl' sticks, twisted dried herbs, aromatherapy oils... yes - that's it), then "re-seal" each door and window with "white light" renewing the boundaries. If I've loads of time, I'll make it a whole ritual, calling in the quarters etc. (I'm Wiccan).

Does the sound help clearing? I think that is very interesting. I started a white noise thread and was curious as to why the white noise would attract spirits. I am going to look into this. I really love your clearing ideas. I'm going to try them...if I properly implement every idea on this thread, I should have the cleanest house on the planet. lol

And - guess what I recite when I'm really afraid??
The litany of fear from Frank Herbert's 'Dune' :joke:
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the "little-death" that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will let it pass over me and through me. And where it has gone, there shall be nothing - only I will remain!" (maybe I shortened it over the years - I can't remember).
I feel all RHAaa-ed up after this.
If you've not read Frank Herbert - it may not make that much (associated) sense to you.

lol I haven't read any of his work but now I'm curious. I will check it out.

Now Salt. Traditionally used in magic to mark the boundary of the protective circle (so that if you were summoning Demons to help you - they couldn't get in. Or you'd summon the Demon into a circle, or triangle, so that they were bound and couldn't get out).
And to consecrate magical items, like the sacred wand, chalice and athame (ritual knife).
Why salt? Don't know, never looked into it. In the old days salt was 'the' preservative (keeping things from putrefaction), and it's also a cleanser of wounds - and an exotic spice originally not easily gotten hold of.

Interesting! I certainly will be more on the keep demons out rather than trap them in plan. haha! I never thought of the preservative aspect...that makes sense.

Prayers before bed. I wing it with prayers/spells/invocations. Depends if I'm in the mood and need self-programming.
"Star Lady, Splendrous queen of night. Guard my dreams, be my steering light!" - is a simple prayer to Nuit (Egyptian Goddess of the sky - she who holds back Chaos from the earth :) ).

My rosary is now a mala (Tibetan prayer beads) on which I chant repetitively. Not daily.
Maybe a couple of times a week. I have a small wrist one I strung myself (smaller beads with a stone of my choice) which mostly travels around with me. As I commonly practice with it, just having it on my person makes me feel more peaceful (again, by association).
Still have the mother-of-pearl rosary my mother gave me years ago for my confirmation (I'm originally Roman Catholic, now Wiccan). I use it sometimes in ritual.

Thank you so much for sharing this! What great info!

spinnachie

Another thought...Amethyst Eyes just read on this so in conjunction with all the info...I wonder if I'm being woken up when this negative energy is near because I'm supposed to do something about it, not let my extreme fear of bodily/emotional/spiritual harm for myself and my family "possess" me to the point of paralysis...like help them crossover (that sounds so Ghost Whisperer but that it the only term I could think of lol) or something. If that is the case....I have no idea how to do that...and the thought of going into the hallway when this is happening is beyond scary to me. I once had to go to the bathroom for the full hour but held it because there was NO friggin way I was going out there. lol

In my experience, fear is a giant weight of negativity, and can attract negativity on to you. Why are you afraid? Do you trust your guides? or St. Michael? or even yourself? From my understanding, if you have trust in what's important...then you shouldn't feel fear...think of St. Michael, or your guides as your friends, when you hang out with your friends you don't fear for your life (and if you do I suggest maybe getting some new friends lol) and when you're doing your protection, you are trusting that St. Michael/your guides are going to keep you safe. I think because so much negative has happened to you, it has left you less inlined to trust, which is completely understandable, but try rebuilding that trust. I have done a lot of reading on St. Michael, since you've mentioned him to me in another thread, and maybe a good way to start to rebuild the trust would be to meditate, before you meditate ask him to come to you in your meditation, and in your meditation ask for his advice, ask him why this is happening, and what you can do...In my readings I've come across of a lot of success stories from people doing this...

*trying to shed some light into the darkness*
xo spin

Tanga

...Does the sound help clearing? I think that is very interesting. I started a white noise thread and was curious as to why the white noise would attract spirits. I am going to look into this. I really love your clearing ideas. I'm going to try them...if I properly implement every idea on this thread, I should have the cleanest house on the planet. lol

I'd imagine anything one decides does, can, really. But yes - there is a tradition of using sound.
Using prayers to clear energy/banish entities - is using sound.

In my Zero Balancing circles - after we've gathered to do a workshop, we do a closing ritual where we hold hands and chant 3 Ohms out loud (usually something like, 1 to integrate all the wonderful new things we've learnt, 2 to extend good will out to the rest of the ZB community and 3 to wish us a pleasant journey home - something like that).
Then - we clap very loudly with the intent of dispersing all the energy we've created in the room during the day - to restore it to a clean blank slate for whomever is going to use it next (or clearing it for the kind owners who've lent it to us for the day).

Years ago my first intent with buying a Tibetan sound bowl was because I had read somewhere, that it was the only instrument that dispersed "negative" vibes and at the same time, drew in fresh "positive" vibes whilst being played.

Check out the threads here on 'Singing Bowls' in the Crystals & Herbs section.

btw - I had an acquaintance who moved to a listed building in the country, and found that her downstairs bathroom was "haunted". Whatever they did - the bathroom always felt cold. One day they got the blue prints, and discovered that the bathroom was an extension - and that before that, there had been an open path to the church yard running through there. They figured it must be a stuck pattern of "people always moving through" - and decided they'd hold a prayer meeting in their house to clear it.
It worked. :)

ana luisa

Wow... This thread is THICK! So many good ideas and excellent advice. I just wanted to tell you that if you KNOW you are a medium, what you feel, IS. And the best you can do is get protection. Every person is different. If you are catholic (and I imagine you are since you called for saints), speak with someone at church who can prepare you a "catholic charm" (for lack of a better word) for you to wear at all times. It may be a cross, a saint's cameo. Holy water is also something quite powerful.
I also agree with the fear issue. The more afraid you are, the stronger they get. This is NOT to say they are figments of your imagination. They are REAL. Entities are there and from time to time, they come to "visit". It does seem that the lady who calls your name may be a guide protecting you. A guardian angel, if you like. So although you may feel vulnerable, you're not alone.
Just so you know , I was possessed once. Not in a dream but in real life. And I also heard a voice (mine was of a very angry man) shouting at me to get help. I fought for almost an hour to get rid of the 2 entities inside of me. I could not see anything nor feel my body: almost like being dead. And it was a lady (a catholic friend of mine) who sent them away. It just took her minutes to do something that others had been trying for an hour without success. She simply TOLD them to leave. And her faith was so strong, she was so assertive in her power that it looked like magic.
My point is, if you develop your spiritual strength and faith and get the necessary protecting you should NOT be afraid. And if your kids and husband are also mediums, extend your protecting to them as well. I am not catholic (although I believe in God and Christ) so my rituals are a bit more "esoteric". A good one is to put drops of amonia at every door threshold. (I know, it looks weird but it works really well).
Be good, have faith and you'll be ok. And remember, some dreams are part of growing spiritually ;)

EmpressArwen

In my experience, fear is a giant weight of negativity, and can attract negativity on to you. Why are you afraid? Do you trust your guides? or St. Michael? or even yourself? From my understanding, if you have trust in what's important...then you shouldn't feel fear...think of St. Michael, or your guides as your friends, when you hang out with your friends you don't fear for your life (and if you do I suggest maybe getting some new friends lol) and when you're doing your protection, you are trusting that St. Michael/your guides are going to keep you safe. I think because so much negative has happened to you, it has left you less inlined to trust, which is completely understandable, but try rebuilding that trust. I have done a lot of reading on St. Michael, since you've mentioned him to me in another thread, and maybe a good way to start to rebuild the trust would be to meditate, before you meditate ask him to come to you in your meditation, and in your meditation ask for his advice, ask him why this is happening, and what you can do...In my readings I've come across of a lot of success stories from people doing this...

*trying to shed some light into the darkness*
xo spin

I am not sure why I am so afraid. I think some of it might be past life experience. I used to have this one specific, very irrational fear...so I finally asked my guides to show me why I had this fear. I was shown a past life...as I watched this former life unfold, it became so clear to me why I had this fear. When I woke up, I didn't have that fear ever again. Poof gone. I think the meditation on this is a great idea and I definitely think St Michael would help me.

I am now curious to see if anything comes up. Thank you!!