TEALEAVES!

GotH

mingbop

Troubleshooting

Okay at the start of your reading I felt a bit clumsy as things started out with some difficulty. The feeling was not getting things together as smoothly as I would have liked. My feeling here right off the back could indicate that you may find yourself, if you haven't already, trying to get something started that could be a bit on the challenging side. Not to worry though as I found myself laughing during the process. I feel you'll use a sense of humor to get through any difficulties during that time of entanglement.

The Scroll

Here we have what looked like the scrolls from ancient times. Scrolls like these contain information based on historical events. This could be indicating that some kind of knowledge will be unfolding for you. This will be significant to you in some way and you'll find this very valuable.

A Long Stemmed Tulip

Heralds of spring, fame, Netherlands? A part of a bouquet or gift. Sometimes these are delivered to people as sympathy gestures. Easter time. A new birth.

Unicorn

Dreams, fantasies, mystical creatures. Magic. Life in a different dimension.

Heart With a Whale Tail

Love / Luck, speed, strength and freedom.

Dolphin

Healing, peace, communication. Messages from the divine.

Fat Hen

Protective mother or divine intervention.

Heavily Cloaked Woman

A woman. Dressed from head to toe. Covered up, feelings here of her trying to protect herself from something maybe.

Snake

Temptation, dark intention, lower energy.

Okay so everything started off feeling pretty light hearted here but as I got deeper into the cup, things started feeling a bit darker. I get the feeling that you may have gotten tangled up in something that started out pretty innocent but as time progressed or progresses, things become a bit more complicated. This reading may be speaking of this woman who has been dealing with some magical stuff then got in over her head in some way.

Is it possible you picked up on or will pick up on some secret knowledge that comes with some kind of responsibility? This looks magically appealing to you so you accepted this gift of knowledge, you just can't avoid this temptation. This situation comes to you with speed and luck and you will enjoy what comes about. The situation brings about peace and freedom that appeals to you but there seems to be some kind of price in the end. There seems to be a need to protect yourself as there could be some lower type entities that come along with the good of this knowledge regarding the "situation" you've allowed in. The feeling I get here is you need to be aware of some complications that could be attached to something good coming up in the future.

The energies are quite womanly/motherly/family but there is some underlying negative energy that comes with it in some way. If you aren't careful you could be blinded to what's going on as this seems to be laced with love. Love can be blind but the love I feel here is strong. Yes there are some difficulties here regarding something dark and fantastical but I feel you will be able to control whatever it is that comes to you with a winning edge.

Okay! This was interesting.. Do you partake in any of the Magic Arts or could family members or loved ones be involved somehow? There was a strong sense of this..

mingbop

Can def take the Troubleshooting bit yes. Trying to get something started and happy now that it's all sorted.
The Scroll yes definitely.
The Tulip - got a vase of silk tulips from Ikea on my hall table.
The unicorn lol- I'm not into other dimensions apart from the spirit world- but it was in the news here recently that it was "the national beast of Scotland" as apparently Mary Q of Scots' father had his palace hung with tapestries covered in unicorns, which have been carefully restored and are beautiful. I posted it on FB and all my friends keep bugging me now with unicorn jokes!
Heart with a tail - I have been lucky in life, mentally very strong, and freedom of mind and spirit yes.
Dolphin yes because I believe in healing and peace and communication from spirit.
Fat Hen yes I'm a good mum if I say it myself and I love my family.
The darker bit at the end, not so much. I def don't believe in any magic arts and have far too much commonsense and high standards to get involved in anything silly.
But saying that, to me the bottom of the cup is the past. And in the past my daughter and I were both involved in an experience with a haunted house that was definitely bad!
So that was spot on and very nice, thank you gotH!!

GotH

Well that was fun and educational but this newbie has some questions about this form of reading. :)

So do we read the bottom of the cup as the past, the top of the cup as the future, while the present is the middle? The unicorn ( your FB post ) was in the middle which happened in the recent past but the tulip was at the top which shows something about your present. So unless the scroll is about something to come I'm not sure if future stuff is possible with this form? I'm getting that reading leaves isn't like putting a story together like you would with cards, this would be more like grabbing bits and pieces of info from your life? I'm always learning..

Thanks for opening this thread!

mingbop

Well... I'm not sure. I got told that the bottom of the cup was the past and you work your way up to the top, which is current. Re the tulips, I washed them on Friday and put them in the vase. The scroll, meaning knowledge - then surely that can be ongoing and constant? Because I am learning as I go along. I think it's like Tarot in that we muddle along and find out what means what for us, as readers. And I haven't done much tealeaf reading which is why I wanted to practice :)

mingbop

I'd like to do more of these if anybody is interested in a swap.. :)

samantha

Hi Mingbop :)

I have some chinese tea that's been sitting for ages in my cupboard ... I'd love to have a go at reading for you but would be doing so tomorrow as it's coming on for midnight here.

I will say that I've only done tea readings for myself, so would hope to be channeling my great grandmother whom I remember as a little girl doing tea leaf readings for family members. She left big shoes to fill (in more ways than one lol :) )

If you want a swap in the next couple of hours no problem, I'll look in on the thread at a later date.

mingbop

Ok yes, let's do that.

samantha

Hi Mingbop,

First I'll describe what I saw in the tea cup and give you my initial feelings....

Near the top of the cup was what I can only describe as a mini scene. A laughing man, with abit of a beer belly, was holding up a fish. He seems to be offering it to someone (you I thought). There is a sense of achievement here, so I'm guessing the man caught the fish himself. There is a small boat behind him which makes it feel as though this is a lake (not a river) or perhaps a calm inlet in the sea. (Water feels very flat)
There is a small heart near his feet.

To his left a small horses head.

Below the horse the letter S

In the middle section of the cup tiny letters (if they are letters !) either feb or reb , below that a perfect full bow. The bow made me think of a celebration - something you would attach on a gift etc.

At the very bottom and taking up most of the space a seated friar (bald head) with a cross seemingly sticking out of a back pocket (!) He looked as though he was writing.

The only other things which caught my attention was more tiny script (I'm practically myopic, can read assay marks on rings etc but this may just be my eyes playing tricks on me - still I include it for what it's worth) I thought I saw " John" and something like " Mrs Cassino "

I wondered if the fishing scene was real rather than symbolic - the heart near the man made me think he might be a love interest (husband ?) of yours. If not, it seems that some man would like to offer you " good fortune in all things, health, wealth and happiness" . If you have been having a hard time recently then maybe this is a sign that things will improve.
The boat in the background might suggest that this man is a visiting friend . As the scene was near the top of the cup I guess this is due to happen soonish.

I didn't get any particular feeling from the horses head. On line it comes up as " Romance" which might tie in with the heart ...but I'm not sure.

The S seemed to belong to the horse - so Romance concerning someone with the initial S ?

I first thought that Feb might be short for February (DUH ! ) and that there might be some celebration or special day ... A gift giving day, but less certain if this were a future or past event (the position in the cup would suggest past I think, but I'm no expert) Then I thought it might be reb which made me think Rebecca. On line the bow comes up as " romantic troubles solved" So perhaps Rebecca (? ) or someone will be feeling happier ...possibly by February ??!

The friar seems to be someone or something from the past . Did you have a correspondence with a clergyman or someone involved in the church in some way ? I couldn't find a match for friar on line - the best I came up with was Bishop ( and this guy wasn't a bishop) which is said to represent " Good luck coming" But as this was the base of the cup , perhaps moot by now ?

As to the tiny script. John is a common name (I know three !) so this may also be moot, especially as it didn't seem to be connected to anything else. As for the Mrs Cassino - I did wander if this was a kind of joke ( does someone like gambling ?!) or otherwise if it really is a person then someone of a Spanish/Italian heritage ???

Ok, that was my first attempt at reading for someone else. I doubt my great grandmother would be very impressed, but it was quite fun !
Thanks for your patience Mingbop :)

samantha

-Double post-

mingbop

Ok Samantha, thank you for your reading.
My dad used to do a lot of sea fishing but didn't have a beer belly. I'm happily married to a good man - but he hasn't got a beer belly either.
Re Feb, nothing comes to mind just now, but I will pay attention and see if anything nice happens then.
John I can take as a relative passed, and the friar I can take as one of my guides. And I do have a Spanish granny.
Very good!
Am just home after a long day out, so will do your reading later on tonight or tomorrow xx