Book of Proverbs

pageofswords9110

Kt

DesertDream

11 please :) what a fun idea, thanks! Initials: AM

Proverbs 11:6 and v. 28 from The Message

Good character is the best insurance; crooks get trapped in their sinful lust.

V. 28 A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree.

DesertDream

Proverbs 2: 9-15 from The Message

So now you can pick out what’s true and fair,
****find all the good trails!
Lady Wisdom will be your close friend,
****and Brother Knowledge your pleasant companion.
Good Sense will scout ahead for danger,
****Insight will keep an eye out for you.
They’ll keep you from making wrong turns,
****or following the bad directions
Of those who are lost themselves
****and can’t tell a trail from a tumbleweed,
These losers who make a game of evil
****and throw parties to celebrate perversity,
Traveling paths that go nowhere,
****wandering in a maze of detours and dead ends.

EmpressArwen

Me please!

Name: Arwen

Thanks!

DesertDream

Me please!

Name: Arwen

Thanks!

Fitting pick you choose there, for an Empress :) Since the translation used for this thread does not use traditional verse numbering it runs on for a long time without verse sections. So I randomly chosen a sentance. You can always google the chapter itself, if you are interested. :)

Proverbs 31 from The Message bible

Many women have done wonderful things, but you have outclassed them all! Charm can mislead and beauty fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the FEAR-OF-GOD. Give her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises!

EmpressArwen

Fitting pick you choose there, for an Empress :) Since the translation used for this thread does not use traditional verse numbering it runs on for a long time without verse sections. So I randomly chosen a sentance. You can always google the chapter itself, if you are interested. :)

Proverbs 31 from The Message bible

Many women have done wonderful things, but you have outclassed them all! Charm can mislead and beauty fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the FEAR-OF-GOD. Give her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises!

Aw! It's funny because as soon as I posted, I was like "Gah! Duh! The Proverbs 31 woman! She is an impossible ideal!" lol But, this sentence is wonderful. It reminds me of what is most important, my devotion to God. Boy do I know that beauty fades! lol Sigh...but this was just what I needed to hear. Thank you, dear. :)

HappyTree

May I have one please?

Number: 15
Initials: S

Thank you :)

Apollonia

Proverbs 17:3 and verse 13 from The Message

As silver in a crucible and gold in a pan, so our lives are assayed by GOD.

And v. 13: Those who return evil for good will meet their own evil returning.
Whoa, heavy!

I always say my favorite saying is "What goes around comes around," so this is a cool thing to think about. Many thanks, DesertDream!

DesertDream

Aw! It's funny because as soon as I posted, I was like "Gah! Duh! The Proverbs 31 woman! She is an impossible ideal!" lol But, this sentence is wonderful. It reminds me of what is most important, my devotion to God. Boy do I know that beauty fades! lol Sigh...but this was just what I needed to hear. Thank you, dear. :)

Aw Empress :heart: you ARE beautiful. Glad you liked your verse.