Mineral sauna rooms

Onaorkal

Hey guys!

I saw a thread about halotherapy (salt therapy) on here and I thought maybe some people would like to learn about the use of minerals/stones in Korean saunas.

I couldn't find a lot of information online, unfortunately, but you can have a look at this website : http://ilovesauna.com/mineral-sauna-rooms.html

I went to this specific place (in Toronto, Canada), but if I'm correct, most (if not all) Korean saunas have that kind of rooms.

The pictures don't show it quite well but each room has its walls covered in different stones. My personal favorite was the Crystal Room. The colors were really calming (lots of green, blue and purple) and it was the least hot hehe. Still after 15 minutes I was sweating already!

On the website you can see all the different rooms and attributes but I can summarize them here :

Crystal room : to neutralize toxic content, good for skin care, fatigue

Elvan stone (Adamantine) : absorbs and dissolves pollutants, healing of respiratory illnesses, reduce air-borne bacteria, anti-aging, improves body ionization

Germanium : enhances immune system, promotes dehydrogenation/oxygenation, helps generate endorphins

Gold : promotes bio-energy, immunity, anti-aging, increases concentration, helps with stress, reduces pain

Jade : helps with many ailments like digestive problems, neurologic problems, muscles/joints, anti-aging, increases stamina

Loess (yellow mud) : helps in increasing cellular activity, helps with obesity, bad odors, stress, chronic fatigue and lower levels of toxins

Then there is the ice room that is also covered with stones but no information was given about those.

When I went there was a salt room instead of the gold room but I don't remember the information written on the door (and they did not add it on their website).

Looking on other Korean sauna websites I could find different stones/minerals used : sun salt, red clay, different kinds of jade, amethyst, rose/green quartz, blue onyx, gold and silver, granite, pine salt...and probably some others but I didn't check for all Korean spas haha!

So, are there any of you that already knew about thoses places? Did you like it?

I really liked my experience and can't wait to go back! Plus the entrance fee is really low for everything that is included (they're usually open 24h and you can even sleep there!)

Ah I forgot to say that in the common area there were many huge salt lamps aligned on the floor. I slept a bit next to one, it was really pleasant!

Hopefully you can find one close to where you live, don't hesitate to look it up! I found many in the US, unfortunately I found only 2 in Canada and I didn't check for elsewhere but you should! :)

celticnoodle

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I haven't yet gone to the site you provided here, but will do so. This is very interesting to me
. I wonder if there is on e near me, so will have to look.

My daughter bought me a small salt lamp awhile back & I love it. It truly has helped me with my breathing, (severe allergies & asthma), so I bought another one too. ☺

I am reading where medical professionals & hospitals are beginning to take an interest in natural ways to use in place of medicines and also to aid in recovery of major health issues. I wonder if they will ever get to the point of also seeing the benefits of adding this type of treatment for medical reasons. I hope soon-in MY lifetime! :D

Onaorkal

I have a salt lamp too in my bathroom and I really like it. One day I would like to have one or more of the big ones and use them to meditate.

I am also hoping to see alternative medicine become more available to people...In the meanwhile I'm trying to find some ways myself but it's not always easy! Also with some kinds of treatment, like acupuncture, I'd rather have an acupuncturist than trying to stick needles in my body on my own! ;)

I'm not really sure why doctors could be AGAINST therapies using crystals, salt, etc. In their mind it can't do any good, but in most cases it wouldn't make it worse anyway so why not?

At least for the people living close enough, a visit to the Korean sauna is not too expensive! :p

RiverRunsDeep

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I haven't yet gone to the site you provided here, but will do so. This is very interesting to me
. I wonder if there is on e near me, so will have to look.

My daughter bought me a small salt lamp awhile back & I love it. It truly has helped me with my breathing, (severe allergies & asthma), so I bought another one too. ☺

I am reading where medical professionals & hospitals are beginning to take an interest in natural ways to use in place of medicines and also to aid in recovery of major health issues. I wonder if they will ever get to the point of also seeing the benefits of adding this type of treatment for medical reasons. I hope soon-in MY lifetime! :D

Hey, CN, not sure if you ever get the opportunity to visit PA, but the Salt Vault is located in Parkesburg, Chester County (near Lancaster).