Cats???

Nina*

I am thinking about buying a cat :)

I am going to see one later today (a norwegian forrest cat - he is 7 months now, completely black and have green eyes - so beautiful).

Now... I have pulled a faery card a couple of times about a cat and everytime I get something like: The Soul Shrinker, Eponas Wild Daughter and Luathas the Wild....

Made me think: are faeries afraid of cats :D :D :D

xxx
Nina

Milfoil

Made me think: are faeries afraid of cats

Oh most definately - they're also much tastier than mice! . . . . ;)

Your new cat sounds beautiful (well perhaps its your new cat).

Nina*

they're also much tastier than mice!

:eek: Don't say that out loud :eek:

He is beautiful :)
I will post later to tell whether I have bought him or not (i.e. whether I will be able to use my faery-deck anymore or not) :D

Phoenix Rising

hey Nina and did you know it's your 1000th post too!!

But I'm sorry to say that Cats eat faeries for breakfast mate. It's a delicacy for them:joke:

But he sounds beautful anyway!

Nina*

Hi Phoenix :) 1000 yes, amazing isn't it?!?!

Well about that cat; it IS a bit funny because I felt quite sad constantly pulling those 'not so good' faeries, but suddenly I got the thought that it was not because a cat would not be good for me but because the faeries were terrified :D

ncefafn

But what about the Fee Lion? If the Faeries can live with him, they can certainly live with your housecats.

Ninamagic said:
Now... I have pulled a faery card a couple of times about a cat and everytime I get something like: The Soul Shrinker, Eponas Wild Daughter and Luathas the Wild....

Have you ever had a cat before? These are all reflections of their impact on your life. The Soul Shrinker -- you never feel so humble as when you've been stared down by your cat. Epona's Wild Daughter and Luathas the Wild -- all cats remember that once they were kings of the bush and the jungle. They never let you forget that either.

On Friday night, April Fool's Day, I was lying in bed reading a Buddhist text, trying to be all enlightened and superior, when my cat Maeve decided to sharpen her claws on the curtains. And pulled the entire rod down. Then there was the time Maeve decided to eat the chrysanthemums I'd brought home from the store, and knocked over the glass vase. And then there was the time when I was on vacation, and my cat Dylan got up on top of the kitchen cabinets and chewed through the wiring for the light over my sink.

If I'm sitting upstairs and I hear a crash downstairs, I always stop and ask myself: "Do I really want to know what that was?" And the answer is invariably, "No."

The Faeries were just trying to warn you about what you'd be letting yourself in for. Because, deep down, all cats (and dogs too) are faeries.

Kim

Nina*

ncefafn said:
If I'm sitting upstairs and I hear a crash downstairs, I always stop and ask myself: "Do I really want to know what that was?"
LOL :D I know EXACTLY that feeling...

Of course you are right; they are only warning me.

xxx
Nina

HudsonGray

I think every cat owner gets to know intuitively every single 'noise' in the house. The worst one is the upchuck sound of the hairball regurgitation. Get used to it! Someone once told me that if they could duplicate that sound in stereo it would make a perfect alarm clock for pet owners....NOBODY would sleep throughit or hit the snooze button.

(I've got cats, get one! They're great pets)

Ulfdis

HudsonGray said:
NOBODY would sleep throughit or hit the snooze button.
LOL... That's because you're forced to become abnormally aware and have your eyes wide open BEFORE you put your feet into your slippers.

Sophie

Well, Ninamagic, in the interest of bringing a bit of sanity and objectivity to this board, and to your questions to the faeries about inviting a cat to share your home, I decided to ask the faeries myself what they thought:

Wait for it .....

.....the Faery who was Kissed by the Pixies.

They love the idea of you getting a cat! They were only teasing you because you were so insitent! There's this lovely feline animal grinning at the top of the card, a smaller cat on the left-hand side and the faery in the middle is glowing with enchantment. All the pixies are giggling and bashful and look as though they are ready to play with a kitten - or even a grown-up cat, anything goes on this card! Although some of them look like they could become kitten-game....A pixie on the top left is thinking and his heart is glowing - peaceful content. Another pixie is about to throw a conker on another pixie - so you might well have a few accidents here and there! but otherwise your cat should bring you much joy. In fact judging by the faery on this card, you and your cat should have a blissful life together.