something magical about this deck

SunChariot

I just got the Faeries' Oracle recently. There is something so magical about it that none of my other decks have. It is like it is alive.

I had decided not to start work on it until the pouch I ordered for it came. It showed up today. :) I took the cards from the box and went to put the deck in the pouch, and they just jumped out of my hand and landed in my lap. I gathered them up and tried to put them back in order. Although it took a few tries for some reason. They did not seem to want to be in order. I finally got them back in order and went to put them in the pouch and they jumped out of my hands and landed back in my lap. LOL

I figured they were trying to tell me something, maybe that they did not care much for order and wanted to play and get to know me, not for me to put them away.

Or that they did not care for the pouch.

I pulled a card to see what they were trying to tell me. I got Ilbe the Retriever, which was VERY cool, as I have had a somewhat hard life and maybe I have gotten too serious and do not laugh as often as I used to. I think this deck will teach me that. I know I found it funny when after all that work to gather them up and put them in order they jumped back in my lap again. LOL

They seem so playful and happy. and like alive. I have never seen a deck give you info without you even asking a question or doing a reading. They were just in my lap telling me to listen cause they had something to tell me. None of my other decks have done anything like that.

In the end, I did a pendy reading and they prefered another of my pouches so I switched them with another deck.:) They seem happier about that now.

Do other people have that experience, that there is something so magical about this deck? Do other people believe the faeires are real? I know the author of the book believes so, and things seem to keep happening to make me wonder if he could not be right. .

Bar

Sophie

Oh yes, it is a jolly deck and magical. My mind is looser around it, gentler, or sharper!

But beware Epona - don't let her anywhere near your pillow - she gives nightmares...(really!)

Glad to have another faery-lover...:)

MercyMe

Real?

I have no idea whether faeries are "real" or not. I suspect they are, but I don't have any idea if they resemble the artist's vision of them. Maybe they do. Descriptions of faeries in folklore seem to be fairly consistent culture to culture.

In any case, yes, this deck is powerful in a very inviting way. In some of my first readings, the Dark Lady kept showing up in many of them. Finally, I did a tarot reading and clarified it with Faerie Oracle cards and who was front and center? The Dark Lady. She and I have had some very serious conversations.

They've been at me lately to play more with them and I haven't, so they keep nagging. :)

~Mercy

SunChariot

Helvetica said:
Oh yes, it is a jolly deck and magical. My mind is looser around it, gentler, or sharper!

But beware Epona - don't let her anywhere near your pillow - she gives nightmares...(really!)

Glad to have another faery-lover...:)

I'll remember that, although I have never been one to keep my decks under my pillow. I've always been too afraid of damaging them.:)

I adore this deck already. I was so not sure when I ordered it, but something made me do it. I could not be happier. I know we are supposed to be together and to get to know each other. I've been busy devouring every book I can find by Brian Froud lately and any Internet articles on Faeries. :)

I am just finishing off one more reading with another new deck (my Margarete Petersen), then I can't wait to start the exercised in the Faeries' Oracle book!!!

I'm so excited already.

Bar

SunChariot

MercyMe said:
I have no idea whether faeries are "real" or not. I suspect they are, but I don't have any idea if they resemble the artist's vision of them. Maybe they do. Descriptions of faeries in folklore seem to be fairly consistent culture to culture.

In any case, yes, this deck is powerful in a very inviting way. In some of my first readings, the Dark Lady kept showing up in many of them. Finally, I did a tarot reading and clarified it with Faerie Oracle cards and who was front and center? The Dark Lady. She and I have had some very serious conversations.

They've been at me lately to play more with them and I haven't, so they keep nagging. :)

~Mercy

Me too, I find it so much more powerful than any other deck I have. I guess in their pure form Faeries are pure energy. Apparently their appearance is often in flux, thus the elongated torsos in some of the images, and they do not seem to sit still long...

I am sure the Dark Lady card has been a help to you and I am glad.

Have fun playing with your Fearies. I know I am looking forward to it. Funny, I have never "played with a deck" before. I revere them, seek wisdom from them. But this deck, I seem to seek fun with it. . To play. I can't wait to do teh book exercise where you dance with the cards. Never had that reaction to a deck, but I must say I like it.:) I am sure I will find wisdom in the Faeries too, but it seems it will give me more than that as well.:)

Bar

lunar_rabbit

I agree that they are playful and happy. I suspect that is why they are so effective for many of us. They make you drop the analysis and book-learning and just let the energy flow.

I have been trying to learn tarot for YEARS. But I keep getting stuck on memorizing the meanings and then getting them mixed up and getting frustrated that I'm doing it wrong. This is the first deck that I haven't felt the need to do it the 'right' way. I even offered to do readings online before I had fully learned the whole deck -- I'd have *never* done that with a tarot deck. Even the cards that I wasn't all that familiar with have been very communicative. I keep the book handy as a reference to round out the descriptions, but more often than not, the gut feeling is the right one.

As nice bonus, the faeries are teaching me to listen and speak with my intuition and now I feel inspired to go back to my other decks -- especially the new Glastonbury Tarot my sis gave me -- and give them a whirl, too.

I love to hear stories here about the faeries telling people things. I thought you guys were all goofy until I got the deck myself. And found that it's so true! My fairies are in a plain wooden box, and they like it when I doodle on the box, and put different pieces of jewelry in there with them sometimes. They also yell at me when I don't listen to them "THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID! TELL HER EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD YOU NOW." lol. So I guess now I'm goofy too.

stella01904

MM ~ All my decks are alive! But now I've got to have a Faeries Oracle, too! BB, Stella

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
I agree that they are playful and happy. I suspect that is why they are so effective for many of us. They make you drop the analysis and book-learning and just let the energy flow.

I have been trying to learn tarot for YEARS. But I keep getting stuck on memorizing the meanings and then getting them mixed up and getting frustrated that I'm doing it wrong. This is the first deck that I haven't felt the need to do it the 'right' way. I even offered to do readings online before I had fully learned the whole deck -- I'd have *never* done that with a tarot deck. Even the cards that I wasn't all that familiar with have been very communicative. I keep the book handy as a reference to round out the descriptions, but more often than not, the gut feeling is the right one.

As nice bonus, the faeries are teaching me to listen and speak with my intuition and now I feel inspired to go back to my other decks -- especially the new Glastonbury Tarot my sis gave me -- and give them a whirl, too.

I love to hear stories here about the faeries telling people things. I thought you guys were all goofy until I got the deck myself. And found that it's so true! My fairies are in a plain wooden box, and they like it when I doodle on the box, and put different pieces of jewelry in there with them sometimes. They also yell at me when I don't listen to them "THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID! TELL HER EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD YOU NOW." lol. So I guess now I'm goofy too.

Think I'm getting a bit goofy too, and I have yet to use the deck. LOL I hope they become what they have for you in my life. I sense they will. I find them such a happy deck too, they make me happy to be near them. :)

And they seem to take the initiative and talk to me first. All my other decks wait for me to take them out and ask a question. But since I got the Faeries' Oracle they seem to communicate with me when they want. Here comes the goofy part. LOL The night I got them I woke up and about 5 minutes before I fell asleep again I heard whispering in my ear. Although I could not make it out I just thought, oh, must be a feary. :)

Then last night before I fell asleep, it was like suddenly I could see the faces of faeries, some from the book I have by Brian, some from the deck, and a few others....just faery faces flashing quickly across my mind's eye. And I felt overwhelmed by a sense of peace and love.

All my deck are magical in that they send me wondeful deep messages when I ask for advice and connect me more with the universe and everyone. I would never give up my Tarot. It is really deep to me.

But it's like there is something way beyond that to this deck. It's like the faeries in it are real and keep trying to contact me, even when the deck is put away. I totally beleive what Helvetica said. If she says Epona gives you nightmares, I believe it.

I was about to start some Tarot Shadow work to eliminate what makes me unhappy and create a happier life. Somehow, it's like suddenly I don't need to delve into painful stuff from the past. It's like here is a deck that can make me happy without the pain. Maybe it is not so much rehashing old pains in an effort to eliminate unhappiness, but more about finding and embracing what makes you happy now and creating more of it. I think this deck will teach me alot along those lines. Ilbe the Retreiver has a lot to teach me there. He is the card that wanted to talk to me yesterday. I have put the shadow work away, indefinitely. Now I just want to play. LOL My faeries are so fun and loving.

Bar