the faeires talk to me even without the deck

lunar_rabbit

SunChariot said:
But I have been reading Good Faeries/Bad Faeries a lot and I am rather scared of encountering any "bad" faeries. Although I suspect that faeries are like people, no one is all good or all bad, there is some of each in everyone.

I had similar feelings when I first got the deck. Like, I don't want them messing with my stuff! Or giving me nightmares! But keep in mind that even the "bad" faeries aren't evil. I would call them mischievious or naughty rather than bad. Because by and large they still have good intentions, and just don't understand (or care!) that it causes a little havoc in people's lives.

For example, look up the Soul Shrinker in the book. I was just studying him last night. In my opinion, he is only of the scariest cards in the deck, but after reading about him I see it in a whole new light. Even this one is trying to teach you something. He used to be a beautiful faery, but all the meanness and nastiness of humans affected him so much that it made him ugly. The lesson is to treat people better.

One of the naughty cards is the Bodacious Bodach that I mentioned in the previous post. He likes to help you get rid of clutter. But not in a way you might appreciate. "Oh! I see you have dirty dishes all over the counter! I think I'll help you clear them off." So he startles the kitty, who jumps on the counter and knocks all those dishes off on to the floor. "There! All cleaned up! Aren't I a good helper?" :-D Don't want the BB to help you out? Then clean up your own stuff before he gets to it. Teehee!

Remember that the faeries are part of you. If you are scared about one of them, then it is a perfect opportunity to confront that faery face to face and try to understand it is trying to teach you. Thankfully, even the bad faeries aren't really *that* scary, so they are easier to face than most things.

LR

Elven

Hi everyone - these have been such gorgeous posts...

I just wanted to say I am the proud new owner of a faeries oracle deck - which I know I have mentioned on another thread. But the way I came about getting them was to get lost on the board and end up in the faeries section. I really do believe that I was guided there!! Often see sparkles of light as I sit studying out of the corner of my eye. Not from the computer, but from around the room. Its wonderful. And theres such a sense of enjoyment when I read the faerie threads and posts. I think that even helped me locate the bookshop the deck was finally found in.
They're definately around!!!

Blessings
Elven x

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
Your comment painted a very interesting visual in my mind. Have you seen or read the Harry Potter movies/books? In them, the photographs and paintings are actually people standing still for a moment, not just a snapshot. The paintings all have living, moving people (or spirits) in them who can move about, leaving their posts at will. They reappear when you call them, but when you're not a around they go about their business visiting friends, etc.

Now I see the faeries oracle in a whole new way! What fun! -g-

Really cool metaphor. That's just what the deck feels like to me too! You're right it is fun to see it that way and to have a deck that you can see that way.:)

SunChariot

Elven said:
Hi everyone - these have been such gorgeous posts...

I just wanted to say I am the proud new owner of a faeries oracle deck - which I know I have mentioned on another thread. But the way I came about getting them was to get lost on the board and end up in the faeries section. I really do believe that I was guided there!! Often see sparkles of light as I sit studying out of the corner of my eye. Not from the computer, but from around the room. Its wonderful. And theres such a sense of enjoyment when I read the faerie threads and posts. I think that even helped me locate the bookshop the deck was finally found in.
They're definately around!!!

Blessings
Elven x

Really happy for you Elven that you the cards are such a positive and beautiful thing in your life. :)

Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences,

Bar

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
I had similar feelings when I first got the deck. Like, I don't want them messing with my stuff! Or giving me nightmares! But keep in mind that even the "bad" faeries aren't evil. I would call them mischievious or naughty rather than bad. Because by and large they still have good intentions, and just don't understand (or care!) that it causes a little havoc in people's lives.

For example, look up the Soul Shrinker in the book. I was just studying him last night. In my opinion, he is only of the scariest cards in the deck, but after reading about him I see it in a whole new light. Even this one is trying to teach you something. He used to be a beautiful faery, but all the meanness and nastiness of humans affected him so much that it made him ugly. The lesson is to treat people better.

One of the naughty cards is the Bodacious Bodach that I mentioned in the previous post. He likes to help you get rid of clutter. But not in a way you might appreciate. "Oh! I see you have dirty dishes all over the counter! I think I'll help you clear them off." So he startles the kitty, who jumps on the counter and knocks all those dishes off on to the floor. "There! All cleaned up! Aren't I a good helper?" :-D Don't want the BB to help you out? Then clean up your own stuff before he gets to it. Teehee!

Remember that the faeries are part of you. If you are scared about one of them, then it is a perfect opportunity to confront that faery face to face and try to understand it is trying to teach you. Thankfully, even the bad faeries aren't really *that* scary, so they are easier to face than most things.

LR

Thanks lunar_rabbit. :) That really does help. And I have always been into self-improvement so if they can show me things that need changing, that can only be helpful. :)

Loved your letter, with your permission I will save it to my Tarot journal,:)

Bar

lunar_rabbit

You certainly have my permission to save my post to your journal. I'd be honored. And I wanted to say thanks to you and everyone who has responded to this thread for bringing such a heart-felt topic! I think this deck really helps us reach out to not only the faeries - but to each other as well.

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:

LR

Isn't that just the saddest thing, poor baby. It just makes me want to hold him and tell him everything will be alright and not everyone is like that, and I will do what I can to make the people around me happy.

I often feel that way. :) Just a desire to hug my faeries. How could you not love them? :)
Bar

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
You certainly have my permission to save my post to your journal. I'd be honored. And I wanted to say thanks to you and everyone who has responded to this thread for bringing such a heart-felt topic! I think this deck really helps us reach out to not only the faeries - but to each other as well.

That's the way the faeries want it for us all to love each other and live in peace. :) And of course, I'm all for that.

Bar

Little Baron

I loved your opening story Bar! It is wonderful when you begin to connect with a deck like that. I hope you have a great journey with them and many more experiences like that one. I do have the FO but havn't used it in years; mainly because I have been working with the tarot more. The 'singers' were always my favourite.

LB

SunChariot

LittleBuddha said:
I loved your opening story Bar! It is wonderful when you begin to connect with a deck like that. I hope you have a great journey with them and many more experiences like that one. I do have the FO but havn't used it in years; mainly because I have been working with the tarot more. The 'singers' were always my favourite.

LB

Thanks:) They definitely seem to have an idea of how they want me to do things, and are not shy to tell me. And I find they have some great ideas, and their way tends to often make me happier than my old ways. I find them very wise.

Yesterday, I started the book exercises, just separating them all into categories, after like 10 different groupings they got seriously bored.:) Like I was missing the point. And you know what, I was. Even I was bored, but I figured the info would be useful at a later date. They told me I should stop, and I was like " I just need to finish typing in the last few paragraphs." And they were like "Why? Why do you need to finish?" And it really made me stop and think about exactly what in me makes me finish whatever I start even when I start to sense it is unproductive. Wise faeries. :) So I dropped it mid- paragraph. LOL

Then I tried another approach. I asked the faeries what THEY wanted to teach me instead, which lead to a lot more fun and a deeper love for the deck and sense of connection with them.

They showed me a few cards, and I wrote down what I thought they meant then, as I usually do with my Tarot decks, I went to compare it to the book meanings. The faeries did not care for this.

They want me to get to know them on their own for who they are, just as you would with any new friend. Like if you wanted to get to know a person in real life, would you ask them things about themselves and talk to them or ask someone else? And I remember how in the book with the deck Jessica said the faeries had so much trouble deciding what to write about themselves and some did not want to be pigeon-holed as they were too complex and changeable to be properly explained in that way.

And I thought of how I would feel if all anyone could know of me was a one page excerpt in a book. How can you pigeon-hole a living being? Someone who is generous by nature may not the feeling that way the one day you talk to them...I think they are like that,living beings in flux and so far they prefer for me to get to know them as they are and not read about them. That and they seem to be telling me to meditate on the cards.:)

Bar