Sabian Symbols: Latitude Longitude Locations

Elven

MCsea Hi!

Are you OK now? :( Didint realize you were sick - hope youre feeling better very soon!!

Oh yeah, i see Melbourne now - thats a great connection!

The first thing of thought of was that song by Australian Crawl - theres a line in it that says: Bourke and Wills and Camel, initials in the trees ...
I wondered if either Bourke or Wills, or their 'exploration' came from Melbourne?

I also realized Sydney has two other Crosses On The Hill. The Cemetery (on the opposite side of the Harbour to the monastary) at South Head (best view ever LOL!! :D), and you can see Kings Cross is on the Hill - not to mention that you could see the "Southern Cross Hotel" on the Hill at Kings Cross.

And the Sign post signature for Syney - of the Large White Cross - would be very apt - especially with our white settlement history and the attempts at 'conversion'.
The 'Cross' aspect reminds me of the 'crossroads' in life too. A place of choices or having to choose.
A Symbol of sacrifice and Scarecrows!!!

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

WOW - the cross symbol works REALLY WELL eh...
hmmmm I guess we SEE that more cause we are familiar with Sydney too..

WOW

ELVEN - GUESS WHAT!!!!

Burke and Wills were the first men to traverse the continent from south to north. Their 1860 journey of exploration was the largest and most costly ever mounted in Australia. It was also one of the worst failures, with many men needlessly losing their lives.

Burke and Wills travelled from Melbourne to the Gulf of Carpentaria. Their 28 horses and wagons and 24 camels carried, among other things, two years supply of food and around six tones of firewood.

Elven

Oh WOW!!!
I thought they were from South Australia!! Thank you so much Marina!! Thats made my day! Im having a down in the dumps day with my Symbols - suddenely everything looks a bit brighter.

Im going to add that to the page in my Symbol book!! Yeah!! Way Cool!! They're amazing!! Thats too freaky!! I can hear James Reine singing that song! The other weird 'coincidence' is he mentions the Sydney Ferry trip - 'As the Manly Ferry, chugs its way to Circular Quay' -... passes right between the two 'Cross Symbols at the entrance to the heads of Sydney Harbour! :)

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Cheering from the sidelines here,
yes it IS amazing - REALLY AMAZING... that YOU intuitively got that SONG and THAT IT WORKED - PERFECTLY!

AND that it gave you a boost even better, I WAS AMAZED when it came up on GOOGLE!

I wonder, if even the Quay is like a cross it is perpendicular to the shore, making a T shape... just a thought..

I reckon James Reine MUST know about the symbols ;)
OK Elsie is working from the other side - TO BE SURE!!!!!

MCsea

Just had another flash for Canberra - letters - communication - messages
and also mis communication.... and PAPER WORK!

just a couple more ideas!

Also, an interesting bit of information, we stopped at Marulan, a town between Sydney and Canberra and did you know Marulan is also the only town in the world located on the 150 degree meridian. This line is the exact middle of AEST zone where every equinox the sun rises exactly at 6am and sets exactly at 6pm.
OK so I looked up the symbols - I was standing ON the 150 - Leo 30 an unsealed letter has vital and confidential information.... and 151 In a portrait the best of a mans traits and character are idealised (I think 150 and 151 are right cause we round UP for the symbol) and Marulan was the first place where marble was quarried in NSW - I know it said portrait in the symbol but Im seeing statues!

HOW WAS THAT, stand here - stand there different symbols.... its not often this is bought to your attention eh..

Marina

Elven

Hi Marina!! :)

That symbol fits well - do you know I also see that symbol like a cameo - you know the little carved pieces of stone of a ladies face on a black band that you wear around you neck - or a broche! :) Very fitting!

Of course! Paperwork!! Canberra! White paper, white envelopes, white collars! Stamps maybe too! or foot stamping, and recognition! LOL!!

Thanks Marina - thats great!!

many Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

The things that arrive in your e-mail IN box, it always astounds me how linked the world is, my geophysicist friend e-mailed me this out of my interest in geology - but you will see its applications to the Sabian Symbols - AND there are photos!

http://www.confluence.org/index.php
The goal of the project is to visit each of the latitude and longitude integer degree intersections in the world, and to take pictures at each location. The pictures and stories will then be posted here....

So amazing people are looking at the same area in pictures!

Marina

Elven

Oh Marina!! :D

Isn't this just the greatest site!! How appropriate for this thread!! I think I should copy the web address and put it in the first post! Its amazing that others are looking the L&L with photos!! How could we ask for anything better to pull the Symbols from. Would this be a good research tool for the Astrology section or should we just keep it here mwahahaha :D
Thankyou so much!!!
Now it really will take me years to get through the L&L's with Symbols :) LOL!!

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Yep it would be good in the astrology section - I think!

:)

it just arrived in my inbox - howzat!

Marina

Elven

Hi Symbollers :)

For the past two days the news has been reporting on the current situation in New Orleans. Hurricane Katrina has been weilding her almighty desruction. My intention tonight was to look at the Symbols around Broken Hill Australia, but I thought I would just see what the Symbols were for New Orleans instead....

The interpretation listed below are from Lynda Hills Sabian Symbols book - The Sabian Symbols as an Oracle. I have condensed the symbol meanings somewhat, but the majority of the 'words' (symbols) used, are from the book.
I hope at this time it is not innapropriate.

New Orleans: 29n57,90w05.

Pure Symbol:
(30) ARIES DEGREE 30: A DUCK POND AND ITS YOUNG BROOD.

The duck pond is a place where, within its defined, confined surrounds, their is an environment which supports and nutures the abundant life which it supports. The young brood can find food and shelter there, feel as if they belong, within the confines and the territory of the pond. Secluded and sheltered, it may have its limits, but it also provides all that is essential to maintain the life which has its source.

The Oracle and its geographical relationship/interpretation to New Orleans, illustrates the area/environment almost literally, as the town is below sea level - It is surrounded by a network of leevees to keep the water from invasion. It is a town with discernable limits, as a pond has a surrounding boundary.

Family, friends, clan and tribe have strong bonds in this environment. Discipline, direction, being part of a group or cluster, and following along in the line - are often encouraged so as to keep the 'broods' together - and keeping all within the traditional realms. Mothers feature strongly in this environment, as do any caretaker, teacher, guide or shaman. This is related to keeping others safe as they grow and adventure out to experience life in the real world. The 'pond' is a quiet place of contemplation, comings and goings of those in migration, a place where one can rest along the journey, somewhere to visit. It provides rest and refreshment. The inhabitants enjoy the pleasure of its beauty and its bounty.

'Where can a erson be better than in the bosom of their family' Marmontel Gretry.

The Karmic Symbol:
ARIES DEGREE 29: THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES.
This Symbol provides imagery of melody, harmony syncronicity and beauty. It is an enviroment which resonates and vibrates and provides music to the ears. That New Orleans is synonomous with jazz, Mardi gras and festivities, it is no surprise!
The Spheres relate to the solar system, vibrations, rotations and motion. This harmonic syncronization of the universe is refered to as the Music of the Spheres.
The symbol also suggests that regardless of the path - listening to the 'tune' and being in tune with ones inner ear (intuition) brings messages and insight. Astrology and astronomy bring understanding to the rythm of the seasons.
Keywords: Chords, music, harmony, Circadian rythms, the sound of water over rocks and crystals, the voice of the planets, wheels, clocks, octaves.

There's music in the sighing of a reed; There's music in the gushing of a rill; There's music in all things, if men had ears; The earth is but an echoe of the spheres'. Byron.

The Quest Symbol:
TAURUS DEGREE 1: A CLEAR MOUNTAIN STREAM FLOWS STEADILY DOWNSTREAM.
This Symbol depicts a flow of water, as life itself moves from its source to the ocean, during this time everchanging, making its way over the beds that contain it. Nothing can really stop the course of its flow. To contain it, it accumulates energy and with burst to keep going. Water just goes on, over, around, forever, onward.
The Oracle explains that like a stream, the course is already set. Water which is motionless is stagnent. Icy waters represent isolation and alienation, this causes trouble down the line. This symbol can also describe the people, a situation, an attitude which flows on without thought or consideration. It just keeps flowing in the direction it always has.
Keywords: Remaining fluid, flowing energy, Sure sense of direction, purification, water, dams, cleansing, pipelines, Baptism, elemental knowledge.

'Everything flows and nothing abides; everything gives way and nothing stays fixed' Heraclitus.

~.~.~.~​

Because this symbol is not usually used to interpret the L&L reading, I have added it because I find it significant in the present. (90'05) I will also try adding this calculation to other cities to find its 'relevance' and see if there is an underlying position or reference for this symbols inclusion. It feels or is interacting similar to the QUEST symbol. (Any symbol which immediately follows the Pure Symbol)

(91) CANCER DEGREE 1: ON A SHIP, THE SAILORS LOWER AND OLD FLAG AND RAISE A NEW ONE.

This symbol is the mark of a turning point. The change of the old flag, and the raising of the new, signifies collectively or individually, that which maybe needed, accepted, or rejected. New ideas may need to be flagged and run up the flag pole to see if they are workable. Those in tune will be prepared for the change, others may feel left out, some maybe shocked and some may have seen the change coming for a while. Some may not be surprised at all. It is not enough to go through change, but commitment is necessary to stand for what is right and true. It is change on many levels and many elements. Whatever the change, it is dramatic and symbolises serious transformation. Get ready for new conditions and prepare to change.

Keywords: Allegiance, loyalty, switching preferences, announcing new standards, flags in the wind, Taking a positon at the Helm, turning a corner.

This is the flag of the future, but it does not dishonour the past' Lester Bowles Pearson.

The Karmic Symbol:
GEMINI DEGREE 30: A PARADE OF BATHING BEAUTIES BEFORE LARGE BEACH CROWDS.
The Quest Symbol:
CANCER 2: A MAN ON A MAGIC CARPET OBSERVES VAST VISTAS BELOW.

~.~.~.~​

Two other symbols of interest which are not usually calculated into the L&L calculations, but I have included them for those who are interested. They are the totals of the full geographical numbers 29'57+90'05, and the Sabian Symbols (pure) 30+91.

(120) CANCER DEGREE 30: A DAUGHTER OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.
(121) LEO DEGREE 1: UNDER EMOTIONAL STRESS, BLOOD RUSHES TO A MANS HEAD.

Any more insight or comments into these Symbols would be welcomed and appreciated.

Many Blessings
Elven x