Interesting Combinations using a three card system for courts

Bernice

CelticNoodle: I also have found this same book and purchased it. I have not yet worked through the book, but highly recommend it!

You got the book!
I've been looking for it this morning - a UK outlet. Tried the BookDepository = it's not there (sad face). Stopped off to post here again and keep the thread unburied.

Been practicing with my Arne de Gothica deck. Got a bit muddled when 3 courts turned up at one time. But it's only practice.....

Bee :)

EE if you're reading this: Also applying it with my marseille decks in conjunction with your 'eye rhymes'.

firefrost

Bernice said:
EE if you're reading this: Also applying it with my marseille decks in conjunction with your 'eye rhymes'.

Me too!

re: The book - I only found one by her at Amazon, and it's about reading with playing cards - is this the one...?

Bernice

Hi firefrost,

I also saw one at Amazon (UK), it's called 'The Message' - not the correct book.
Here's details of the proper book:

ISBN: 0 595 29195 3

Personal Prophecy by Deborah Leigh & Elizabeth Rose (?*)

*Maybe not 'Rose', but the book front cover says two authors.

Glass Owl

From what Little Baron has been saying on this thread I think that the book that he used was "Personal Prophesy: Learn How to Create Your Own Destiny" by Deborah Leigh (Author) and Elizabeth Rose (Contributor).

The book is about playing cards and he adapted the playing card system from the book to use with the Tarot.
# ISBN-10: 0595749755
# ISBN-13: 978-0595749751

Right now, I am basically practicing with the system presented here by LB and trying to get the hang of it. I'm also really interested (under certain circumstances) to add the Majors to the mix since, along with Astraea Aurora, I think that sometimes a person will turn up as a Major rather than a Court.

Originally posted by Little Baron: "Since it is a playing card method that I have borrowed this system from, there is no majors to consider. But when used for tarot cards, I suppose that in some readings, it might make sense to see a major as a person. I often see my friend as The Sun or my father as The Emperor. I don't think that I would do this in every read, since I find the Sun is an important bridge of warmth between cards [or it has been for me in the last week] .. but on some occasions, if your gut tells you it is a person, go with it.

I think the important thing is to adapt this method to suit you and your deck."

Bernice

Thanks Glass Owl for posting the info. for this book :)

I've also been laying 3 cards for '1 card-per-position' spreads and when a court appears it can be very informative - but this is early stages and I'm still getting muddled.

However, I've just left a thread about a card system on video - near the beginning of the one that's linked to, Talon adds a card to any Court that appears until she gets a pip or Trump, to give further info about the person. Worth a look...

EDIT: Yikes! £26.99 on Amazon UK!!!
Note: "Prophesy" is spelt with an "s" on the book title, but some places are spelling it with a "c".

celticnoodle

I purchased mine from Barnes and Noble online. I think I payed about $20.00 for the book. it is a soft covered--but they also have in a hardcover too.

the book is titled "Personal Prophesy: Learn How to Create Your Own Destiny!" by Deborah Leigh & Elizabeth Rose. the ISBN is 9780595291953. My copy has a red rose on the cover and shows 4 playing cards at the bottom of the cover--the 10diamonds, king clubs, queen of hearts and ace of spades. I do highly recommend the book! :)

Bernice

I take your recommendation on board CelticN. But at £27, it's bit over the top for me! Hopefully I'll find a cheaper version.

firefrost

Thank you very much, all!

If only I could get a buyer for my sacred rose set...!!!!

I think the book depository's looking the favourite up to now...