Interesting Combinations using a three card system for courts

star-lover

Little Baron said:
Thanks.

Position 3.

If, say, we had the 'Queen of Swords' in Position 3, she would be someone else. Always.

What is hard to explain is that 'we' are always on the left. That could mean either in Position 1 or not shown at all. 'We' are NEVER in Position 2 or 3. That would always be someone else.

So, in your example, with just one court in Position 3, the cards in 1 & 2 are what is shared between us and the queen. We are still on the left, but invisible. Therefore, if the '3 of Cups' and 'Death' were in positions 1 & 2, you might say that there has been a change in the emotional relationship between us and the queen. Or maybe, that a change is required.

Does that make sense? If not, please say.

LB

Not 100% I understood this and I will try asking without confusing even more

Card 3 a court = always other person

Are we always card 1 even if its not a court?

So for e.g.

6 wands - 8 of pentacles - page of pentacles

Would 6 of wands definitely be me/my energy and the 8 what is shared? between me and the page? or do i become invisible and cards 1/2 blended show the what is shared

I will get it in the end lol

Little Baron

star-lover said:
Not 100% I understood this and I will try asking without confusing even more

Card 3 a court = always other person

Are we always card 1 even if its not a court?

So for e.g.

6 wands - 8 of pentacles - page of pentacles

Would 6 of wands definitely be me/my energy and the 8 what is shared? between me and the page? or do i become invisible and cards 1/2 blended show the what is shared

I will get it in the end lol

Haha. It can be difficult to communicate these things sometimes.

Yes, you are right second time - you become invisible and 1/2 is blended and shared with the page.

If you think of yourself in an invisible position, before the 6 of Wands, that is where you sit. Therefore, the 6 of Wands and 8 of Pentacles are what is shared between the page.

In that example, you are not 'described'. If the '6 of Wands' was replaced by the 'Queen of Wands', you would be described. You, as the queen, would then share only the '8 of Pents' with the page, but from the court describing you, you would learn a little more about your position.

Make sense?

Maybe we should try a few examples.

---

1. Page of Cups >>>> 5 of Cups >>>> King of Wands

2. 5 of Cups >>>> King of Cups >>>> The High Priestess

3. Queen of Wands >>>> King of Pentacles >>>> Seven of Swords

4. Eight of Wands >>>> 4 of Wands >>>> Knight of Cups

Try those.

LB

star-lover

Little Baron said:
Haha. It can be difficult to communicate these things sometimes.

Yes, you are right second time - you become invisible and 1/2 is blended and shared with the page.

If you think of yourself in an invisible position, before the 6 of Wands, that is where you sit. Therefore, the 6 of Wands and 8 of Pentacles are what is shared between the page.

In that example, you are not 'described'. If the '6 of Wands' was replaced by the 'Queen of Wands', you would be described. You, as the queen, would then share only the '8 of Pents' with the page, but from the court describing you, you would learn a little more about your position.

Make sense?

Yes, that's cleared it up for me now - putting into practice is the hard part now

Little Baron said:
1. Page of Cups >>>> 5 of Cups >>>> King of Wands

OK

A relationship with an age and attitude difference which has had something regretful happening between the people, perhaps due to the King's overbearing personality having left the sensitive page feeling brushed off?

A young or emotionally vulnerable person feeling down seeks solace and advise from an older kind person

A son or daughter has fallen out with a parent and neither will budge

Oh these are scary lol, think I will stop there

Little Baron

star-lover said:
Yes, that's cleared it up for me now - putting into practice is the hard part now

OK

A relationship with an age and attitude difference which has had something regretful happening between the people, perhaps due to the King's overbearing personality having left the sensitive page feeling brushed off?

A young or emotionally vulnerable person feeling down seeks solace and advise from an older kind person

A son or daughter has fallen out with a parent and neither will budge

Oh these are scary lol, think I will stop there

That's it. But remember, in that example, that the 'Page of Cups' would be you or the querant, as it is on the left, describing you. And the 'King of Wands' would be someone in your/their life.

Good examples and stroty telling, by the way, Star.

LB

star-lover

Little Baron said:
That's it. stroty telling, by the way, Star.

LB

stroty?
well now I've got the hump!! pmsl
:D

thanks LB - will make some time to have a good practice with this

Nimbus

Thanks for sharing this technique with us! I will be spending more time wth it to wrap my head around it, but you have done a terrific job describing this with lots of wonderful examples. I also appreciate how you described using this in a larger spread to help break it down into it's smaller components.

Now I just need to get my cards out and try this!

~Nimbus

Little Baron

star-lover said:
stroty?
well now I've got the hump!! pmsl
:D

thanks LB - will make some time to have a good practice with this

Haha. That's what happens when you are meant to be working on a print for a shirt's washing instructions, but are typing fast so that nobody will see you surfing the internet instead. A bit of a rush. And a bit of a mess. I meant to say that you gave some good interpretations and stories, Star, heehee.

LB

star-lover

i know lol i was kidding

;)

Roewyn

Hi LB!

So if no courts appear in the spread.. then it is solely about the querent/yourself?

Situations and or events..

Ex:

Chariot~3 of Wands~High Priestess

Control over a possibly successful destiny, things soon to come in form of quick coming success, with yet a mystical unknown to be presented? Lol..

Awesome thread!

Little Baron

Roewyn said:
Hi LB!

So if no courts appear in the spread.. then it is solely about the querent/yourself?

Situations and or events..

Ex:

Chariot~3 of Wands~High Priestess

Control over a possibly successful destiny, things soon to come in form of quick coming success, with yet a mystical unknown to be presented? Lol..

Awesome thread!

Yes, that's right. In your example, you own all cards. Nobody else can claim them. Like you say, it would be a molding of situations and events that you/the querant would have to deal with.

I am so pleased that people are appreciating and enjoying this method. It has made my readings so much more interesting and easier to interpret.

LB