Interesting Combinations using a three card system for courts

starrystarrynight

Hi LB,

I printed out your first post...and Wow, that is such an interesting premise. I actually went back and looked at some past readings--including a Celtic Cross I did a few months ago. Reading the Recent Past-Current Situation-and Near Future as a three-card combination using the system you provided here actually gave the gist of the whole reading in one "sentence." I was astounded!

I am going to keep this in mind as I do my daily three-card draws from now on.

Thanks!

Little Baron

You guys don't know how happy it has made me to share Deborah Leigh's method and witness such positive responses in return. It is great. Pheonix Rising and I have been practicing this method for a long time with playing cards. I thought it would be useful to bring it out here as I appreciate that not everyone gets into that section of the board.

LB

sascha

Yes, but only if there is not a court describing you in pos.1. There is no need for the off-stage presence if you are a court in position 1.

Make sense?

LB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes! Got it!! This is really cool, thanks for getting back so quickly!!!

You guys don't know how happy it has made me to share Deborah Leigh's method and witness such positive responses in return. It is great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think you've made a lot of us happy too LB!!! :D Thanks for sharing it with us. Now I'm off to check out that area of the forum that I've been shamefully neglecting...;)

starrystarrynight

I just did a three-card reading with this method in mind for a friend who broke up with her boyfriend awhile back. She wanted to know, "how does he feel about me today?"

I drew:

Ace of Wands...Queen of Wands...Ace of Cups

For a moment, I thought that the Queen of Wands might have been either the querent or another woman until I thought about what you'd said, LB...and then, it actually made perfect sense!

Since the QoW and Ace of Cups are ill-dignified, that QoW is, actually, the ex-boyfriend--jealous, a drama queen, egotistical, moody, paranoid (no one ever knew what she saw in him in the first place because that is so him!) And the Ace of Cups, also in its negative sense tells us that what he brings to the table in this reading is his loneliness, depression, feelings of rejection over the breakup, etc.

What they "share" is the Ace of Wands, which, just by virtue of her asking the question makes sense...she still carries the potential for passion for this guy, and he does, too--for her.

This is so cool. I think I need to find this book and give it a read.

Thank you again, LB!

Jemoflight

I'm a little "Johnny come lately", but what a great thread. Can't wait to put this one into use. It seems like it would help to clear up the who's who in a reading. Will need to reread this thread to make sure I get it all straight in my head, but thanks so much LB for posting this.

rissa

Wow baron-thanks for taking the time and effort to type all that! Looking forward to using this. I'm always looking for new ways to deal with courts. What a nice, simple method!

Little Baron

I think this has to be my happiest thread ever.

It really makes my day to see you all trying this method and that it works. It's so fool-proof once you have a hold of it. And you can just get on with your readings. You don't need to have all the prior concerns that you might have had with courts before. Your only concern is to get to know them better. And this way, we see them interracting with so many other cards, they share all of their 78 sides.

Starry, your reading example was great! It made so much sense. Letting the cards work together is what tarot is all about for me.

Keep posting your examples, guys. I hope this thread stays alive for a lot longer and more people appreciate the method.

LB

room

It is so nice to see people assimilating and playing with ideas instead of arguing and bashing people over the head in a self-righteous parody of discussion.

I am just watching a program on BBC News about Thomas Heatherwicke, the UK designer. I am knocked over.

Why do people nitpick and harangue others when we can make things and play with ideas?

LB, I dislike doing conventional readings because I am so sick of being told what something means or that it isn't correct or "magical" to process something the way I do.

You have piqued my interest again by reading in this manner. I will make an effort to try it and question.

rissa

Forgive me if this has been aanswered(I've made my way through this whole thread on a bloody blackberry) but what two courts are drawn? If they are in 1 and 3 I'd say querent and other person, respectively, but what if they are side by side?

Whitestar

Wow!

This is amazing...I neeed to come back later and study this when I have a mindset to absorb it! Thanks for sharing!

Whitestar