Interesting Combinations using a three card system for courts

Bronwyn1

If you have them side by side in positions 2 and 3 [is that what you mean], it would look something like this -

2 of Cups >>>> Queen of Wands >>>> Knight of Cups

Yes?

So, as you are not 'described' by the first card, you are 'off-stage' [I love that new term - describes it perfectly].

But you share the '2 of Cups' with the queen. She may be a friend or lover. But she is definitely someone else.

The knight is also someone else. What you need to try and find out is what he has to do with the equation. You might ask yourself the following questions -

Are they actually a couple - Mrs Wands and Mr Cups?

Or is he someone that has a strong influence on both her and the relationship that you have with her?

Is he someone that she is hiding from you?

Question LB, can we throw 3 cards to find out who the page of cups is?

Little Baron

nancyk said:
Question LB, can we throw 3 cards to find out who the page of cups is?

Hi Nancy

I am not sure I understand you properly. Can you explain a bit more for me?

If the 'Page of Cups' is not in the throw, maybe he is not relevant to the situation or question.

By all means, please bring the three card reading to the thread and we can discuss it a bit more, as I don't think I have got your question right [I can be a bit of a dumbo sometimes :) ].

LB

Bronwyn1

No, no. It's me. You're too polite. I was refering to the reply about 2 of cups, queen, and the knight of cups. It was just in the throw that I did, the last card the was page (I'm goofy and have way too much going on in my head). What I really meant was how can we find out who the knight of cups is? You ask a question, the first card if not a court and the last 2 are. Say it's about a relationship, which you'd hope would be 2 people, how can find out who the third is? 3 more card?

Little Baron

nancyk said:
No, no. It's me. You're too polite. I was refering to the reply about 2 of cups, queen, and the knight of cups. It was just in the throw that I did, the last card the was page (I'm goofy and have way too much going on in my head). What I really meant was how can we find out who the knight of cups is? You ask a question, the first card if not a court and the last 2 are. Say it's about a relationship, which you'd hope would be 2 people, how can find out who the third is? 3 more card?

Oh, it's me as well. Sometimes, I have to be asked the same question over and over until I 'get it'. We make a great pair!

So, let me try.

We have that three-carder?

Two of Cups >>>> Queen of Wands >>>> Knight of Cups

The one thing that I do stick to with this kind of reading, when it comes to position 2 and 3, is that the gender is fixed. If a knight comes up, then it is a male. The same for a king. In many of the decks that I use [Hermetic, Renaissance, Voodoo], there is a balanced court - in other words, we have princesses rather than pages, so it gives a more equal view of the people that might pop in and out of your life.
But of course, in position 1, where you are described, both male and feminine characteristics, strong and weak, developed and undeveloped, might come into play. Whatever gender, that first card [if a court] is always you. But if a queen hits the second or third place, she will always be a woman and not a feminine aspect of a male. At least, that seems to be how Devorah Leigh plays it. And it helps me to have that structure. But you can adapt to suit your own criteria.

So, anyway. You share something with the queen. An emotional sharing. What I think you are getting at is to find out what it is that she holds [the card which sits behind her, as she faces you - the knight].

Firstly, I would see that he is a cup's card. He has some kind of emotional attachment to her. Maybe a lover. Maybe a brother. In combining their suits, we might be able to try and accertain what their pairing concerns. She may be able to boil up his emotional water and 'get him going', so to speak. Being fire, her passion may heat him up and arouse him. On the other hand, his water can put her fire out. He may very well have some kind of control over this woman - something she might not feel comfortable talking to you about. Whatever it is, we are aware, down to suit, that she already is under the spell of another emotional influence.

Of course, why not throw three cards and see of they can shed any more light. But personally, I would try to look at what I have in the read already. One of the great things about the Personal Prophecy readings is that they comprise about seven or so trios, so there might be other parts of the reading which highlight the questions that you are asking.

Hope that helps, Nancy. I am by no means any kind of expert with this method. But it is a lot of fun working with it here.

LB

rissa

Psst... Just started a courts study group, inspired by this thread, if anyone is interested...

Little Baron

And just to add:

And don't forget the power of image. I am looking at this threesome through the Hermetic at the moment. The queen looks a little non-plussed and stares straight ahead. The knight dives in her direction with his challise. This would leave me to believe that she is less interested in him, than he is in her. The seeds have been set in the 'two'. If this is a friendship you share, she may be bringing this issue to you for some kind of support. If you are a propective lover, she might be hoping to give her emotional attention to you, rather than him. All of these things [directions, expression, colour, mood, number] can give you enough hints, I feel, to not have to throw any more cards.

LB

Little Baron

rissa said:
Psst... Just started a courts study group, inspired by this thread, if anyone is interested...

I'll pop straight over to your place to have a look. Sounds fun. Thanks Rissa.

LB

Bronwyn1

For instance, if it were a relationship spread

3 swords
king of wands
page of cups

3 of swords would be what I share with the king
but the page of cups is someone else associated with the king that has something to do with this relationship?

Little Baron

Yes, definitely, Nancy. I would see the page as someone in the background who is emotionally vulnerable and needs the king. This could be an ex-lover, a dependant. It is someone, I would say, that requires emotional assistance and has emotional needs. This might be draining on the King of Wands, who might not be so good at showing his emotions or working with them.

Many people see the 'Three of Swords' as a love triangle, so it would not be unlikely that this page was the third person or spanner in the works of an emotional breakup. If the relationship was going okay, it might be an indication to look out for such a third party. Does the king have a friend who has unrealistic and inappropriate demands that he puts on him? Is he the object of someone younger's hero worship? Is someone jealous of your relationship with the king? These things may not have come into effect quite yet, so the point of the reading is to keep an eye out for anything that might be unhealthy and will possibly damage your relationship with this man.

At least, that is how I see it.

LB

frelkins

Of course it depends on context, but I think LB is saying that the K and you share a sorrow, which centers on either a message he sent to you (the P), or perhaps a person younger than you.

To be concise, he may have dumped you by letter, or dumped you for a younger woman! ;) Following LB's analysis above, the Cups would indicate it's a person to whom the K has an emotional attachment, while the P means it's a person younger than you or him.