Interesting Combinations using a three card system for courts

Bronwyn1

Never thought of it this way. I wasn't sure if this page was an aspect of this king, although you said, I don't know how many times, they would be separate people. Like I said at the beginning of this post, very interesting way of reading!!!

Love Nancy

Little Baron

nancyk said:
Never thought of it this way. I wasn't sure if this page was an aspect of this king, although you said, I don't know how many times, they would be separate people. Like I said at the beginning of this post, very interesting way of reading!!!

Love Nancy

Yes it is. At first, it might seem strange that there are so many people popping around all over the place. As room mentioned, when a lot come into a reading, they might not all seem accountable in a person's life.

But I wonder if all of them are at the moment. Still thinking about the last reading, and also about my own past. If I was the subject of a reading and was represented by the 'Knight of Cups', I would consider that the focus was on my love life. If I held behind me, the 'Page of Pentacles', I might mentally scan the people in my life and wonder who the hell that might be. There might not be any 'Page of Pentacles' in my life right now. But it doesn't mean that there was not once. I lived with a Page of Pentacles for five years. And we split seven years ago. Is he in my life anymore? No. Does he still have an influence, seven years later? Absolutely. I still measure people up to what I shared with him. I am not in love with him anymore, but I do remember his grounded and practical influence. He was always faithful, he was strong and not affraid of work. He might not be in my life right now, but he definitely left his mark. And that might be an interesting part of a reading 'about me'. Should I still be measuring people up to ex-loves? Or should I be looking for someone that can help ground me like my ex did? He may have shown up for a reason. Even if he is not in my 'hear and now', he is still a REAL person that had very strong REAL connections with me, which still show in my emotional transactions with others.

LB

Bronwyn1

Well....my next question would then be, "is there anyone else in Joe blows's life?"....so I throw 3 cards again and none of them courts. Would these cards somehow pertain only to me telling me how nutty I am or should I just "read the sentence?" it usually spells out?

starrystarrynight

nancyk said:
2 of Cups >>>> Queen of Wands >>>> Knight of Cups
You know, I was thinking about this one and wondering if that Knight of Cups (while perhaps being an actual person) may also be a personality aspect of the Queen of Wands--the suggestion, perhaps, that she may follow her heart in this situation (like someone she knows and emulates)? But he may not have any real bearing on the relationship between the invisible "I" and the Queen of Wands.

Does that make any sense?

Maybe I need to think about this a little more. :D

Bronwyn1

Well that's what I was thinking. Could he be an aspect or has to be another person? I know LB what you mean when the 3 of swords comes up, a third party would mean a third person.

starrystarrynight

Yes, if that 2 of Cups in this reading were the 3 of Swords, I would definitely see him as the third party. But in this spread, the 2 of Cups is the energy between the invisible "I" and the Q of W. That is positive, and the Knight of Cups may even suggest forward movement in the romance department between the two principals (you know...some sort of proposal in the offing at some future point??)

p.s. This deck used was a RW clone, but not a Thoth where the Knight is the King and the Prince is the Knight, right? That would put a different spin on it, as well.

Edited to add: Of course, that is, if you don't read reversals or dignities. If you read with dignities, all of these energies would be "toned" down or reversed because the wands and cups are ill-dignified.

Little Baron

There is no hard and fast rules, of course, and I like the way you have brought that 'knight's desire' out from the depths of the queen.

I think this would have to be something that we decide when we are reading.

These are great questions. I think that when a court is in #2, I will always treat that as a person. But I like how you have uncovered something else within that person. That works for me too. The hardest noses court might display one thing to our faces in #2 but their real feelings might be covered in #3, which we are getting a glimpse of in the reading.

Very interesting.

LB

moon_shadow

Hi, LB. I've been using this new way of reading lately whenever I do my practice 3 card spread! It's been so much fun. :D
I am slowly but beginning to understand it :), was doing ok until I started to read back on my relationship readings according to this method, and I got a bit confused at times because of how questions were asked
These type of questions got me stuck. :|

I feel silly, like I should get these ... but I am not sure if I am getting it, so here I am :)

<Confused 1> "Where is my relationship going with X(male)?" was a question and no court card.
I would usually try and see each card showing a state of relationship itself. But when using this method, no court card means this reading is all about myself..... So should this reading be interpreted as how I will evolve in the relationship with X? (uhg.. I am unable to put these in words right, I hope I am making myself clear ...)

How about in a case where a question was "how does X feel about me?"
Little Baron said:
The one thing that I do stick to with this kind of reading, when it comes to position 2 and 3, is that the gender is fixed. If a knight comes up, then it is a male. The same for a king.
<Confused 2> Let's say this time the only court card comes up is a queen on position 2. The gender is fixed, so I am "off stage" and am sharing a card on position 1 with this queen(female) who is somehow influencing how X feels about me? (or is X even there in this case? because there is no knight or king card)

<Confused 3> What if a queen comes up on position 2, and a knight/king comes up on position 3. X the knight/king then, right?
I am off-stage sharing a card on position 1 with someone(the queen:female) on position 2 who is tied somehow to X and affecting how X feels about me?

Could you help me understand these?

:bugeyed:
"confused" moon_shadow

Little Baron

I think you have to be flexible to some degree.

If I am performing an open reading, through Personal Prophecy method, I have been assigning positions such as 'home', 'work', 'emotions', and 'what is unexpected'. In these examples, when a court comes up, I treet the gender as fixed.

However, if you read about your relationship with a person, I think it would make sense to see them represented by the court that pops up. But remember that we are readers. If you feel that your husband is definitely that queen in the read, then go with it.

Say you had read about your relationship with your brother, and you got -

7 of Wands >>>> Queen of Wands >>>> King of Cups

Would you see the queen as your brother?

Maybe.

But as readers, we have to use our gut reactions too. Is, indeed, the King really your brother? Who is that queen in between? Is she standing infront of him and barricading him from you? Is she his wife? Does she present obstacles between you and your brother?

I think that this 'finding out' is when it gets interesting. We have to adapt to suit ourselves too and make the method personal.

In response to the 'what does so-and-so think of me', I would see them as the subject of the reading. Therefore, they would be the one that stands at the left of the reading. In that example, the courts that follow [if there are any] might resemble you. Does that make sense?

LB

moon_shadow

Little Baron said:
I think you have to be flexible to some degree.

If I am performing an open reading, through Personal Prophecy method, I have been assigning positions such as 'home', 'work', 'emotions', and 'what is unexpected'. In these examples, when a court comes up, I treet the gender as fixed.

However, if you read about your relationship with a person, I think it would make sense to see them represented by the court that pops up. But remember that we are readers. If you feel that your husband is definitely that queen in the read, then go with it.

Say you had read about your relationship with your brother, and you got -

7 of Wands >>>> Queen of Wands >>>> King of Cups

Would you see the queen as your brother?

Maybe.

But as readers, we have to use our gut reactions too. Is, indeed, the King really your brother? Who is that queen in between? Is she standing infront of him and barricading him from you? Is she his wife? Does she present obstacles between you and your brother?

I think that this 'finding out' is when it gets interesting. We have to adapt to suit ourselves too and make the method personal.

In response to the 'what does so-and-so think of me', I would see them as the subject of the reading. Therefore, they would be the one that stands at the left of the reading. In that example, the courts that follow [if there are any] might resemble you. Does that make sense?

LB

Good Morning, LB. Yup, I got it! :) Thank you so much for responding so quickly.

*happily goes off to practice some more*

:D