Lo Scarabeo's Kabbalah overview currently online

Rose Lalonde

Lo Scarabeo has a preview up of a chapter on Kabbalah and tarot in their final Compendium volume, now funding on Kickstarter. They may take it down after, so here's a heads up for anyone who's interested to see their attempt to cover the whole kit 'n' caboodle in 37 pages. They do suggest Chicken Qabalah... for further reading.

Zephyros

That's fascinating, thanks! From what I can see it gives a surprisingly good overview of the topic. I say surprisingly because so many publications fudge it up but they seem to have done a good job of it. I would have added some more to each entry on the Trumps, and I don't understand the "hidden paths" at the end, but considering it's a partial chapter, it definitely makes me curious.

Aeon418

I don't understand the "hidden paths" at the end, but considering it's a partial chapter, it definitely makes me curious.
The "hidden paths" are supposedly 16 possible links between the Sephiroth that are not already connected by existing paths on the Tree of Life. The first of these 'potential paths' does not open up until Geburah 6=5. At this stage some theorise that paths between Geburah and Malkuth, and Geburah and Yesod appear. (This could indicate changes in the body and subconscious.) The remaining 14 potential paths are said to appear during the remainder of the climb up the Tree.

The allocation of the Court cards to these potential paths is new to me. 16 Courts and 16 paths may be a happy coincidence or maybe it's something more. In the absence of an Ipsissimus to confirm or deny, we will just have say it's an interesting theory.

Zephyros

In the absence of an Ipsissimus to confirm or deny, we will just have say it's an interesting theory.

There never seems to be one around when you need them, is there?

Rose Lalonde

The "hidden paths" are supposedly 16 possible links between the Sephiroth that are...

Thanks for that info. After I'd read the last page yesterday, I came running back to the forum to search, and only found it in a Mutational Alchemy thread (with court cards mentioned).

...but considering it's a partial chapter...

Whoops, I bet I made it sound partial by saying 'preview of a chapter', but the link from kickstarter says it was the full chapter.

Barleywine

Thanks for this. It's a decent summary and agrees with everything I've learned over the years about the system. There's an error on Page 49; the info box for the Tower shows Capricorn as the astrological correspondence, although the text below correctly identifies it as Mars.

Aeon418

Tongue-in-cheek

There's an error on Page 49; the info box for the Tower shows Capricorn as the astrological correspondence, although the text below correctly identifies it as Mars.
I smell a conspiracy! Readers of The Book of Thoth know that things like these are never simple errors or typos. It's obviously a secret attribution and the author is hinting at arcane knowledge that cannot be revealed to the profane.

:party:

Barleywine

Forked Tongue in Cheek

I smell a conspiracy! Readers of The Book of Thoth know that things like these are never simple errors or typos. It's obviously a secret attribution and the author is hinting at arcane knowledge that cannot be revealed to the profane.
:party:

Just don't look at my reconstruction/corruption of the signs and planets for some of the the Major Arcana on the Tree that I posted yesterday . . . :eek:

kwaw

I have been told that students of Paul Foster Case were taught material re: the hidden paths -- (He mentions it a little in the "Tree of Life, Lesson 7" - Wang also mentions it in his "The Qabalistic Tarot") --
At the back of my head have a vague notion that Bardon might have mentioned them too, but not sure --

Barleywine

I have been told that students of Paul Foster Case were taught material re: the hidden paths --
At the back of my head have a vague notion that Bardon might have mentioned them too, but not sure --

I believe you're right! I remember seeing it in my B.O.T.A. course material somewhere recently, but of course I can't find it now. I don't recall any court-card correspondences though.