Help with lenormand - letter card

Aries2014

I've done several readings for my friend in regards to a romantic interest and always seem to get the letter even in a one card draw

What are your thoughts on this

decan

I've done several readings for my friend in regards to a romantic interest and always seem to get the letter even in a one card draw

What are your thoughts on this

The main meanings concerning the letter are news and messages. This card is said heavily influenced by the cards that surround it.
What are these cards? Are they "love cards" or no?

Aries2014

They have always been good surrounding cards however I do not remember them.she has not received any message from the guy in question but has been getting to know him for a few months at her work place, even on a one card draw I have had the letter come out and was just wanting further understanding and wondering why this card is constantly significant when doing a reading for them.

decan

What I understand is that with the Lenormand deck we try to interpret cards in association, at least with one or two other cards, and it depends as well if the letter card appears at first, in second or third position.
We have good cards in the deck but not necessarily in relation to romance.
For example Fish is a positive card but its main meaning is money, and so for example Letter + Fish could be an email concerning money.

Joon

Seconding what decan says about Lenormands being read in association with one another. I wouldn't do a single card draw, myself, and frankly I don't find two-card draws to be satisfying, either. An odd number of cards is best for a yes/no. (I realize we don't have your actual question, but read on.)

That said....

The Letter is a neutral card. So if it is your one card in answer to a question about a romantic interest, you aren't getting a strong positive or negative; I'd say lukewarm at best.

The Letter can lighten cards up, suggesting a more superficial level of the card meaning it modifies. As a singleton, I would say it's not very encouraging of the romance, but I would not want to read into it or say more without a fuller spread.

As a further thought exercise, Querent asks "is X interested in me?" The draw: Letter-Fish. Answer: X is interested (qualified "yes" - 1 neutral card plus 1 positive) superficially (Letter), but has many of these superficial interests (Letter-Fish).

ana luisa

I couldn't understand the context for the reading or the question asked but if it relates to a relationship, I would say that letters show communication but more on a formal level. A lot is being said but the action is not there. It's like writing a love letter and actually doing it in person. Also it may suggest that one of them is aiming at a more formal commitment. Just some thoughts.

Teheuti

I see letter as any kind of document - usually involving a piece of paper - a menu, lottery or event ticket, election ballot, postit note, music score, as well as more regular pieces of paper. But it can also be emails (not necessarily printed). Occasionally it can be simple information or data shared in other ways, but generally it is more tangible than Birds (talk and airwaves), and not bound like a Book, nor as general/public as Rider.

Letter is completely neutral. So it really depends on what cards are around it. However, its frequency may point to something to do with information - messages getting through or not, or papers linking the two people in some way - maybe as sender and receiver?

DownUnderNZer

Could just be the Internet as in social media like FB that she sees him interacting and not necessarily with her.

Long distance is indicated here as well - so it could mean literally that or the other type I suppose.

DND :)