Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

Thanks rylla and nicky!
I guess I should say that I will be doing a Kickstarter this summer and meanwhile finishing the last details. I may make some extra cards and do a different card back, stuff like that to consider. But I will post the date here and on my website well in advance, as soon as I know for sure when it will be.

nicky

thank you for clearing that up !

smw

These are amazing and beautiful :) I really like both the Queen and the Princess of Disks. I am fascinated with the tiny pearl buttons on the Queen's dress, especially that one at the top, sitting there against the black background. I like the switching perspective of the Princess, I was looking at her feet to see if she is upright or lying down. It kind of gives an extra movement or something :)

Babalon Jones

Hi smw and thank you!

I fell in love with a photo of that dress as there was something about it: the fact that the buttons were tiny disks, that they accentuated the spine (bones and bone structure ruled by Saturn/Capricorn) and that they spoke of a nature both proper and sensual, well it just called out as the Queen of Earth!

And the Princess of Earth, as Earth of Earth, I wanted her to both have her feet on the ground yet not on the ground, sort of superimposed over the ground, since she is the final card of the minors she is poised for descending/ascending to the next cycle starting it all over again. So I wanted that sense of strangeness and movement, at once both stable and not.

So, thank you so much for noticing!

Babalon Jones

coming july 9th

well I figure I have faffed around enough, distracting myself for several months now on an odd but sort of related side project (which I hope to show you soon!)

so with no further dallying, I'm here to say the Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus kickstarter will launch at sunrise (eastern time) on the morning of Saturday July 9th which is 5:20 am. At least it is morning here. It will be time for a civilized brunch in London, lunch in Moscow, or drinks in Sydney. Personally I never get up that early but that is the auspicious time so guess I will be launching while drinking some good strong coffee.

There will be plenty of early bird stuff so if you are in the US I wouldn't worry you can still get in on the action if you wait til your normal rise time and check it out with your coffee break. Or you can set an alarm if you want to be among the first.

But all first day backers who back in the first 24 hours will get free stuff and mixed in with the free stuff there will be a few real valuable things thrown in at random to some lucky first day people. more to follow on that...

this is the page where it gives the info.http://www.tabulamundi.com/colors-a...tabula-mundi-in-color-the-kickstarter-launch/ but be patient if it does not load fast tonight. apparently too many people are trying to access it at once since I finally just sent out a newsletter and my host is used to the silly little site having little traffic I guess so they must not allocate any resources to it. they are probably used to between 0 and 1 person looking at it ever lol

I will probably post a preview link for the kickstarter ahead of time which turns into a live link upon launch to make it easier to find. Never tried it last time so fingers crossed!

Anise

it's happening it's happening

yeee! I read your newsletter at the office and almost fainted. Congratulations on getting your deck to this point, and thank you for launching on the weekend! Guess I'm staying up extra late Friday lol

Deoiridh

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS! And the day after payday? Auspicious indeed!

wooden-eye

Fan-tastic news Babalon. I'll be there. Cocktail in hand (Sydney time). Waiting to click. Well-done!!!

rylla

Great news! Looking forward to it!

JylliM

Good. I think I'll pass it off as a late birthday present to myself. Cocktail hour is indeed auspicious :)