Tinker's Damn Mantegna

Freder

I like to have two major projects going at once during the winter months.... and now the second one for 2017 (the first being my Halloween-themed TRICK OR TAROT) finally has its own web page ready for viewing. It's TINKER'S DAMN MANTEGNA, conceived as a supplement to the deck that I'm personally most proud of, TINKER'S DAMN TAROT.

Just as my ZIRKUS MIDWAY ARCANA used the Minchiatte as a starting point, this one is building off the ancient Mantegna cosmology cards; but before I am done it will include a whole range of additional cards, including alternate Lovers cards, significators and a full set of Zodiacal and Element cards.

It will be available first as a straightforward 50-card "Medieval Cosmology" deck,
followed later in the year by the full 80-card supplement. You can see everything that I've done so far here:

http://mysterydecks.tarotbyducksoup.com/p/tinkers-damn-mantegna.html

SunChariot

Wow,I think that's a pretty cool deck.

I do have the regular Mantegna deck and it is really quite different and original. Looks like it could have a lot to say as a deck. Really like the deck.

To be perfectly honest though the name of it would bother me enough that that might prevent me from buying it. As I am one of those who believes that divination is a conversation with the Divine. And something about the word "damn" to me seems a bit disrespectful as a way to approach the Divine. But that's me...

Babs

CharlotteK

... something about the word "damn" to me seems a bit disrespectful as a way to approach the Divine. But that's me...

I'd be really interested to know rhe background to the name. As I understand it, a Tinker's Damn is nothing at all to do with keeping solder from leaking, but means something of very little worth or value. So I am guessing this as the title of a very well crafted, functional and powerful deck is really ironic!

I really like the Mantegna cards idea as an add on. I'd never heard of this system but it looks really interesting and the cards would complement the Tarot deck wonderfully. Probably couldn't afford it though, more the pity!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

prudence

Wow,I think that's a pretty cool deck.

I do have the regular Mantegna deck and it is really quite different and original. Looks like it could have a lot to say as a deck. Really like the deck.

To be perfectly honest though the name of it would bother me enough that that might prevent me from buying it. As I am one of those who believes that divination is a conversation with the Divine. And something about the word "damn" to me seems a bit disrespectful as a way to approach the Divine. But that's me...

Babs

I too consider divination to be a conversation "across the veil" but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a deck with this particular title. I know seven stars also got some negative feedback for her Tarot of the Bastard title, it does seem like some of us are more sensitive to words than we need be. If we work well with a deck and it works well with us, what does the title of the deck really matter? I can think of some words that would surely be over the top offensive that could ruin ones connection with a deck as well as a desire to buy it, but these two examples are so benign, and I think it's not nearly as important as the subject matter and art showcased within the deck that should be a main concern.

Regardless, I don't think Freder will be changing the name. I also don't believe the title will in any way harm your connection with the Divine.